if you only have one water gun

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

if you only have one water gun

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:57 pm

I am interested if you could only have a single water gun for all your water fights what would it be? Explain the resion for your choise as well as your sidearm and why for it as well.

I will start

Primary CPS 2700k shooting 45', while I love the 300 and am fast running with it the durablity problems mean that it can only be used in hardcore battles, and while lasting quite a while it needs more water to do the same job. Meanwhile the 2700 is a relativley lightweight durable HWO gun with the field life and versitilty to last in any engagement.

Sidearm. Flash Flood with 3x stream. I love riot blasts and I guess this shows it fairly well. the gun should hold it's own for a few shots against most opponents while you reload the 2700 and the riot blast makes it a deadly weapon should anyone get to close for comfort.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: if you only have one water gun

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 am

You mean two water guns? Anyway I would probably go with a CPS 2500 for a primary, probably colossus modded. I love the 2000, but it's by far more of a team weapon (unless you're DX), and the 2500 is more versatile. I'm not much for sidearms, but if I was going to use one I'd probably pick an SC Power Pak (though I'd have to make some kind of homemade pump that can pump water out of a stream or lake). In my opinion it's the ideal sidearm, and I'm curious to see what happens if it were to be colossus modded.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

If I only had one water gun, I'd have YOURS so I'd be armed and you'd be defenseless. :goofy:

But upon choosing, I still have a soft spot for my Super Soaker CPS1500. For a more recent blaster, I'd go for my Water Warriors Vindicator. Now, if you're going to limit me to things that are still available, I'd probably go for my Water Warriors Python 2.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 am

I'd like one of those theoretical "sports store" water guns, built for enthusiast water warfare as quality paintball markers are built for playing paintball. The blaster would consist mostly of metal or high quality composite plastics, featuring a 2-finger trigger that controls a high diameter ball valve. (Similar to Hydro Cannon.) I'd take the CPS version of such a blaster that has an attachable onboard reservoir that one can switch to a backpack. And a small pneumatic WBL attachment would be nice.

Realistically speaking, I'd stick with either a 2500 or 12k provided they're reliable. (i.e. Pull valve fixed, 2500 trigger reinforced/fixed, etc.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am

CPS 2000 mk2 #5. You don't need to modify perfection. It shoots 4 ft farther than the average 2000 mk2, 9 ft farther than the average light K, and 13 ft farther than the average 2500, with output well over 20x. Good for soakfests, OHK, OHS, and almost anything else. Could take a multi-nozzle mod or backpack attachment if I really had the need.

I don't use sidearms, but if I did, I'd take my 10K. A fast, K-mod influenced stream that hits 44 ft and does not break up much is something to take seriously.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 am

I'd take ether my CPS 1200 which all of you should know about by now, or my CPS 2500.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

isoaker wrote:If I only had one water gun, I'd have YOURS so I'd be armed and you'd be defenseless. :goofy:

But upon choosing, I still have a soft spot for my Super Soaker CPS1500. For a more recent blaster, I'd go for my Water Warriors Vindicator. Now, if you're going to limit me to things that are still available, I'd probably go for my Water Warriors Python 2.

Interesting. Why do you prefer it over the Colossus 2?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Either way, judging by what I've seen in stores lately, BBT has really improved ergonomics on their blasters. Although I'm not so sure what's special about the Python; it seems like an oversized PR to me, though I'm not a fan of PR's in that form factor anyways.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 pm

marauder wrote:Interesting. Why do you prefer it over the Colossus 2?
Usually, I'd pick a blaster with a separate pressure chamber over one that uses a pressurized reservoir, but since the output levels and range from the Python 2 and Colossus 2 are more-or-less equal, the Python 2, with its pressurized reservoir, ends up offering more available shot time for extended shots. Granted, those who make use of tap shots will end up preferring the slight advantage in capacity the Colossus 2 has, but the small and extremely well-balanced feel of the Python 2 would let me move and aim more freely than with the larger Colossus 2 (which is still very well balanced, but the Python 2 is even better in ergonomics, IMO).

:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:55 pm

I want this: SWAT
It is a water gun, sorta :goofy:

The Water Warriors Vindicator with my Cammo cover. While I am probably better at using the CPS 2500 now, I still just love the Vindicator. The field life is great, and I am experienced with how to take it apart and fix problems (I can't say that for the 2500). My Vindicator also has a cammo Cover.

As far as side arms go, I'm not really sure, I have typically carried my WW Crickets with me into battle, though I have seldom had a chance to use them apart from night wars (in which case they were my primaries).
I have been pretty good with the Colossus in recent wars, so I'd probably chose that. Though this thread has really got me thinking about what I should carry as a secondary (if any). Hmm, maybe I should look for another XP 270, I was pretty good with one of those back in the day.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am

The title says one gun but the content implies 2. I think I'd go with a 2000 and an Aquapak Devastator.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm

I will go with the 1500 and the 250.