Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave @ iSoaker.com

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Well, the Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave completes the 2013 Nerf Super Soaker brand newest blasters here that I've tested. While range testing and, maybe battle testing, should be done, based on how it feels and performs in indoor testing, I already have a good sense on how it will likely perform in the field.

No surprises here and, well, more continuation of noted problems with the other pump-action Nerf Super Soaker blasters. Pump volume is ~17mL (~0.56oz.) and its base capacity is 275mL, the capacity of their clip-system magazine. The Shotwave, like the Nerf Super Soaker Arctic Shock and Switch Shot, also suffers from pump lag, perhaps even slightly more so. When attempting to pump rapidly, I could really feel the resistance of water entering the pump and if I let go, it would snap back a bit.

This blaster has an awkward initial appearance as well with the tall clip sticking out from the bottom of the grip area. Because of this, the blaster ends up slightly taller than it is long. The balance isn't bad since the weight is on the bottom, below one's primary hand, but it's still partially front heavy. Of course, since it is pump-action, one needs both hands to operate it anyhow, so balance on one-hand is not as important.

I'll work on getting pics up sooner, but the full review will have to wait until after I get the Nerf Super Soaker Switch Shot review up.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave

Post by marauder » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Not surprised. I am looking forward to reading reviewss on amazon etc. these seem a good deal more awkward to use than last years line. I hope that means the general public finally starts seeing things a bit more from our perspective.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave @ iSoaker.com

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 am

As promised, pictures of the Nerf Super Soaker Shotwave are now posted.

Enjoy!

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

That nozzle looks smaller than an XP 70's nozzle!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:48 am

Fishfan wrote:That nozzle looks smaller than an XP 70's nozzle!
Based on pump volume and video timing, the calculated output is ~20.5mL/s (~0.68oz/s) with an average shot time of 0.83 seconds.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:26 pm