Water problem

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Water problem

Post by Fishfan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:13 pm

My arsenal has recently became bigger. However, a problem that came with the increase of size of my arsenal was a jump in our water bill (My dad said 30 bucks). My Dad said I can't use the house water anymore and after he said that I though all was lost. But then he brought up that we also have a well that we use to water our garden, and that costs us nothing. However, that water stinks badly (sulfur) and I'm afraid there are a lot of minerals in that water. My main concern is mineral buildup in my soakers. Is it safe to use aquifer/well water in my soakers? From what I've seen in the pictures of recent wars, it's no problem, because you guys use river water. But I want too make sure, because I almost spent $100 on soakers recently, and I don't want to destroy them.

Drenchenator

Re: Water problem

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Is well water generally safe? Yes. But in this case I recommend some caution. If the water smells like sulfur, it may have bacteria. Without filtering and purifying the water, you may be contaminating your soakers.

A 30 dollar increase is a lot for a water bill, so much in fact that I only see a soakfest using that much water. Conservatively, it's at least a few hundred gallons of water. I doubt one person using water guns could have caused that. My guess is that someone left a faucet running, did too many loads of laundry, and took a few too many long showers. Perhaps you could ask your dad to let you keep using tap water, but to share in the costs if he is worried about them.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:52 pm

$30 of water is thousands of gallons of water 150 gallons costs only 33 cents (about the same as a single dart :goofy: ).
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:34 am

Well, we did have a soakfest recently, but it wasn't an all-out soakfest. It was 1hs, so we were more conservative. I think someone might have left the tap outside running sometime.