Duelfest!! Tournament

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Duelfest!! Tournament

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Never thought of that actually. I would, provided that it warms up just a little. However I have a feeling that the scores would be pretty low.

Maybe I'll start a thread for that sometime.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes, please do!
When I build a CPS riptide, I think I will do that vs the CPS 3000 when I get both. I already know the 3000 is gonna lose badly.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:16 pm

You can offset the low scores by playing 3 rounds.
Brandon vs John
Brandon vs Keith
Keith vs John

The more you do it the more accurate it will be. Especially if you agree not to write up your names in the results, but just lump the scores by gun. The More often you play the more accurate the results will be. I would really like to see your best 2500 vs your 2700. Maybe spend an afternoon on that one. After this blizard of course :lol:
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:32 pm

Bump,

I am thinking about replacing my busted Gorgon with an XP 250, would anyone here think the 250 (with a 10x setting) would not be a fair match for a Gorgon with the same?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:08 pm

I think we should definitely keep testing more blasters. An interesting one would be 1000 vs Vindicator, and 1000 vs. Gorgon (with 10x).

We may need to test in different playing environments too. With two quick-dodgers in the open, the XP 150 can steamroll many blasters due to the pump and trigger (although I'm curious to see that stack up against a Splashzooka). The way we count hits makes it more strange; by rapidly tapping on an XP 150 trigger, it outputs very, very little water at a time, yet just one of those tap shots landing is a hit. A tap shot with a CPS 2000, on the other hand, seems to require more water volume to make contact to count as a hit, meaning if a target is exposed to a CPS 2000's shot, but only to the extent than an XP 150's tap shot's worth of water hits them, it probably won't count. Of course, this is more of an issue when at range, after the CPS 2000 breaks up, but it's still something to think about. There's also the issue of tap shots being more likely to be counted than stray droplets from a continuous stream, even if those stray droplets equal a tap shot's worth of water.

Not sure about the 250. I'd just compare the stats and look at the output for a given nozzle orifice.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:34 am

Gorgon vs 250 is fairly even. The 250's pump is pretty epic, but the Gorgon has superior range and has a trigger. You also have more possibility for nozzle modding with the Gorgon. If the 250 had a trigger I may be pulled into its camp, but right now I would choose a Gorgon over a 250 if I could only take 1 into battle. The 250's lever is pretty flimsy.

Also, I plan on doing more duels once funding/time allows.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.