Duelfest!! Tournament

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Duelfest!! Tournament

Post by Fishfan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm wondering, is there ANY difference in power between the Monster (2001 version) and the CPS 4100? I always wanted the Monster because, 1, it has better power (According to isoaker.com) and a QFD, and 2, I like the Monster's color's better.
It's kind of weird how this turned out, because Belisaurus claimed he would win, but he got last place. (No offense)

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm pretty sure they are the exact same thing minus a QFD port for the 4100. I have never tested a Monster. I have, however fought against one. It was during the later Vermin Wars where my team had 4 4100s. It was like fighting another 4100 but with cooler colors... but again... didn't test anything.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm still laughing! I was second and I guessed or flipped a coin on several of the battles. DX actually had my 3200 with him at the time, mind you mine isn't in very good shape (saved it from some ones trash), but it still works.
How did the Electrostorm rounds go anyway, I think we all want to know.

I wish I could buy a Gorgon, but even the cheapest ones I can find online are more then my CPS 2500!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 pm

The screw threads on the front of your 3200 were all stripped. There's actually a little plastic mound with threads in it where you place the nozzle selector over and then slide the screw into. That was completely broken off, so we couldn't put DX's 3000 nozzle selector onto it. The 3200 backpack + hose was incompatable with the 3000 gun. So we couldn't do anything.

We fought all day and still didn't get to a few other match ups we wanted to do, so we skipped out on fighting with the electrostorm. We did mess around with it. There is absolutely no way you could ever use that in 1hs. How would you even know you were hit? I mean, it would barely do for a soakfest. Your spray bottle had greater power and a little more range. We just laughed and decided that it really shouldn't be considered a watergun. So, I really think it's great that iSoaker is considering no longer reviewing Nerf Super Soakers.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Lol, and the lightningstorm is just an over sized version of the electrostorm.
iSoaker, maybe you can answer my question regarding the CPS 4100 and the Monster 01?

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Scott if you want a Gorgon I could trade mine for your 3200 (no kidding) it's up to you.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:Scott if you want a Gorgon I could trade mine for your 3200 (no kidding) it's up to you.
If it is up to me, I'd go for it, but part of the reason why I have such a large arsenal is because I have to arm all my friends too. They love my 3200 even though without the nozzle selector it only goes 30 feet and it leaks from the backpack. They are already probably going to be mad that I got rid of my XXP 275 (which also had arguments over who got to use it), I'd rather not get rid of another gun they all like.

I normally have my B-Day party in late May/early June, so if no one ends up using it then it is yours!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm

I may not have won this time - but you're all going down next time! :soaked:

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Hey, to pass the time while we wait for a 3200 or 3000, how about a Gorgon vs SS 300? Top of the line AP duel :D
Gorgon vs SS 300: SS 300 by 40%

DX

Post by DX » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 am

SEAL wrote:I really want a Gorgon now, haha. How's the lamination on it by the way? Most of the results are fairly predictable, though I am a little surprised at how poorly the Colossus did. I think it outranges all the guns it went up against except the Gorgon (though once again, I have no idea how far the 250 shoots). I don't think I need to bring up the lamination issue again.
Ever since it came out, I've considered the Gorgon to be the 2nd best stock AP gun ever made. Having been given the chance to actually use it, I can now say that it definitely deserves such a rank. It beats down smaller guns and has the proven ability to tangle with CPS on even ground. Unfortunately, the XP 250 broke before we were able to take it against the Gorgon. That could have been a very good fight, as the 250 is much more practical than I thought. It looks so badly weight-balanced and unwieldy until you use it - it's a serious threat. I didn't even need to use the strap. Another good set of fights would have been PPB vs Gorgon and PPB vs 250. The PPB requires modification to take on these guns, so the Gorgon retains sole possession of 2nd place. The Gorgon even has advantages over the SS 300 in mobility and dense terrain. It also just doesn't run out of water no matter how much you abuse the bigger nozzles.

I used to think the Colossus was 3rd, but no longer. It got wrecked by almost everything, even the 150 which it outclasses on paper in most categories. I was ready to sell off all my 150s because of the Colossus, but now I'll be keeping them for sure. Even in defeat, it put more hits on the Gorgon than anything else did, CPS included. The 150 is a serious sleeper - it was good way back when and it's still surprisingly deadly today. How did this old XP put so many hits on Buzz Bee's latest and greatest? All will be revealed in time. This is a great example of how the paper stats don't tell the whole story. It goes without saying that the Colossus has been knocked way down my list of the best air pressure guns.

Right now, I'd place the XP 250 as the 3rd best stock AP gun, even though the 275 narrowly beat it. The 250 has several advantages that the 275 can't leverage (pun intended).
SEAL wrote:That's kind of why I was a little hesitant to make percentage predictions. I had know idea how offensive you guys were going to be; I assumed that most of the rounds would be very low-scoring, because well, that's how duels have been in my experience (though then again, most (if not all) of the duels I've been in have been OHK).
When you're dueling Ben 1 on 1, offense is pretty much your only defense. Big trees help.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Speaking of which, I want to see these matches:
SS300 vs PPB
SS300 vs Gorgon
PPB vs Gorgon
Of course, the PPB would have a backpack mod.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 pm

You do realize that the 300 shoots up to 10ft farther than a Gorgon and with a bigger nozzle backed by triple the PC capacity and almost triple the reservoir capacity. Oh, and it has one of the largest pumps ever. It has more than triple the volume there, which cancels out to having both guns pressurize their PCs in about the same amount of time. So, while you're pumping up 500ml, the SS 300 is pumping up 1500ml. Additionally, the 300 has long useful shot time above 70% range. I don't think that matchup would be much of a duel, more like a slaughter. With modification, the Gorgon could easily support a larger main stream, but it's still at many disadvantages. If anything, it could win if the 300 breaks mid-battle, which is much more likely than it breaking.

Same story with the PPB. Even decked out with mods, the PPB is more like the Gorgon and 250's power level. The 300 can tangle with 2000s and other big CPS.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Hmm, maybe your right. I just wanted to see the two best AP duel.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:18 am

Hey maybe a CPS 1500 vs Gorgon?

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:31 am

If I wasn't so worried about the thing cracking into little pieces in my hands, I might agree with DX on the SS300. It can get some serious range, and it definitely packs some serious punch, but it's hard to pump, you won't get 1500mL of water at full power, (try 1000) and with the stream at the size it is, the drop-off is rather drastic. Meaning you have to alternate tap shooting and pumping with the SAME HAND.
--I have been thinking about it for quite a while, and if there was some way to replicate how the SS300 was built, I would love to have a chance to use & abuse a strong, durable replica, to really get the feel for it in combat conditions, again without worrying that you will break the handle off or snap the whole thing in two. 'Cause that's how I feel about my 300. It's too precious to really use.
*Precccious*....
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Soakendator is right most AP guns can shoot about 50% of the PC capacity before dropping bellow 70% range so 1000ml can be shot from 300's before pumping is needed. And I wouldn't let durability bother you M4 has used one last year and it is still fine. In fact I'm buying one of his.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 pm

To increase mobility you can always make a softpak for it. Also, the SS 300s I have (2) seem to have less drop off than yours. Duke Soak 'Em described the stream quality as "CPS like" and sometimes mine do shoot all the water off with no drop off. It's rather finicky though. You have to get the right amount of air to water to get that type of performance, and then shoot it at the right angle. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but even when I don't get that there is still about 3.5 seconds worth of shot time close to max range and then .5 to 1 second worth of drastic drop off.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

So are we going to do another one of these soon? This time, list ALL the combinations so we can predict each one?
Also, what did Neptune get?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm

I don't think DX is still down there...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:57 pm

You and your brothers could do 2700 vs 2500, 2700 vs 1200, 2500 vs 1200, 1200 vs vanquisher, and others.