Just for looks: Water Warriors Colossus vs Colossus 2

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Which do you think looks better?

Water Warriors Colossus
38%
Water Warriors Colossus 2
46%
Can't decide
15%

Total votes: 13

isoaker

Just for looks: Water Warriors Colossus vs Colossus 2

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Let's factor out performance for a moment and just look at, well, the looks of two water blasters: the Water Warriors Colossus and the Water Warriors Colossus 2.

From a purely style-based viewpoint, which blaster do you prefer?

Simply put, I'm curious after reading various members' feedback on the looks of the Colossus 2 in light of the older Colossus.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Just for looks: Water Warriors Colossus vs Colossus 2

Post by SEAL » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Something tells me you had a pretty big hand in designing the Colossus 2, haha. I like the 2 better for looks and ergonomics, but not performance.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Well, think of this; if there is a style the group prefers, we have a chance to help steer future water blasters in that direction and hopefully in ways that do not end up impacting on overall performance. While it'd be nice to have slight variations on styles to accommodate different tastes, I don't think it is economically feasible to do so at this point in time.

Edit: I should note that even when voting is all said and done, it still really can't be used as a true gauge of community preference as not everyone may have voted. It is an indicator, especially if there is a leaning towards one model or the other, but definitely doesn't mean that one general style should become the be-all-and-end-all of water blaster design. There is value in variety!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

I had to hit "Can't Decide" because I like the Colossus' curved flow and minimalism with the Colossus 2's black reservoir, sticker, and rear casing extensions. My perfect Colossus, quite simply put, would combine the front half of the original Colossus with the rear half of the Colossus 2. That would have the comfort and reservoir support of the 2, with the slick tapering, big PC, and better pump handle of the original. If I were a straight up newbie and you presented the two guns in half and asked which I thought was newer, I would pick the front of the original and back of the 2. When you really look at just half of each gun against each other, the front of the 2 looks awkward and back of the original looks unrefined. Course, that's just imo.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm

This poll is almost as subjective as one could possibly be. :goofy:

When it comes to performance, the Colossus appears to beat out the Colossus 2. Facts and stats would confirm this.

Looks and styling are a whole other thing. I guess I'm curious about what makes a blaster look good to various people.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Wow, I'm the only one that picked the first Colossus so far. I love how smooth it is. I like the weight balance and grips on both. One small thing I like better about the 2 is the fake rivets. There is a black section of the Colossus behind the pump, kind of shaped like an upside down triangle but with a tiny 4th side, that would have benefited greatly from having some kind of fake rivets on it. The whole steam punk/post apocalyptic look is really in right now. It's not enough to have just a streak of one color on top of another. Make that section look like its bolted down or like it performs some kind of special function.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.