2008 Soaker Speculations - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:39 pm

We've pretty much tried only forecasting what is coming the next year, but perhaps we should try looking a little farther down the road. By now, what will appear on shelves next year is pretty much set in stone, but what will appear the following year is still up in the air.

The purpose of this thread is to speculate/dream a little more than just thinking about what may appear next year, but not quite as ambitious as what our "dream" soaker would be. Instead, what direction do you think would be reasonable for stock soaker companies to take when designing for 2008?

Again, I ask speculators to try to be as objective as possible, leaving out unnecessary hyping or bashing, instead focusing on what is likely based on what has been done in the past either with the known lines or other toy lines.

Soak on!

:soakon2:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:41 pm

I'd rather first know about the 2007 line, such as which guns are being re-released. (the ones at Entertainment Earth seem to be just their other guns from 2006 they didn't sell yet, and besides, the colors never changed either.)

While I'm at it, I'll just make some guesses.

-Another HydroBlitz/large strapped sort of gun if it's $50 price tag doesn't hurt it too much for 2007. If this direction holds, we could see more guns rivaling the CPS line.

-Another Arctic Blast. (well, it might even become possible for an ice core to become standardized equiptment for all or most guns)

-Larger Aquapack.

-More light "carbines" and pistols.

The idea of standardizing is quite interesting, they did that to the quick-fill caps, and then to backpacks, and that may indicate standardizing ice core support for the soakers in 2008, just a guess but it's possible.

Things seem to be heading a bit more in the right direction with the hydroblitz, though it is doubtful that anything in the future will get better than a CPS 1500 in terms of power, even if the issues with safety are resolved by warnings and "age limits". (perhaps due to the lack of the older audience getting interested, since most of them are more into airsoft/paintball, gaming, etc.)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1166291421
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:56 pm

Not to bring up old arguments, but you're assuming that there are issues with safety. Don't. And besides, CPS 1500s were great guns and definitely a step up from recent years. And experience and iSoaker's reviews will probably be better than that online description.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:46 pm

SilentGuy wrote:...and iSoaker's reviews will probably be better than that online description.

@Silent Guy: Probably? Just probably?! That hurts! :goofy:

That said, if next year is bringing back a soaker along the lines of a truer light-CPS-class blaster back again, there is hope for more in the future. It'd be very nice to start seeing some light CPS-based stock cannons on retail shelves again.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:32 pm

Ah, sorry about that...in this case, it's true that an absolute would be fitting. Your review will definitely be better.

I'm waiting to see what Buzz Bee has in store. They might expand their line, but whether there will be any good performers is the question. Like with the Splat Blaster--definitely something new, but not necessarily something incredible.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:39 pm

I wish they'd make a gun with a spherical CPS pc again. I have 5 k-modded pcs on a shelf just itching to be used. It is so inconvenient to get older guns. And in addition, spherical with the same trigger valve set-up as the 2100/1200/1000 guns would be amazing.

As for other guns, I don't care as long as they can meet the Hardcore and/or Professional Stage standards for Battle Practicality. Power in a light and compact package. So far, today's soakers actually can for the mostpart, except in the range department. I don't need to see output over 10x or capacity of over those 100 oz. I do, however, need to see ranges at least in the mid-40s. That's not asking for much compared to my 2004 expectations. As long as the plea continues to go unanswered, so will my wallet. There's no reason more range can't be added into a smaller gun. They are plenty capable of shooting further. My 2nd-smallest gun got nearly double the range of my largest.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:16 am

Even if Buzz Bee does come out with something really spectacular, something that we haven't seen for years, it's not like you'll just be able to walk up to Wal-mart and buy it!
:(
~~~~Ultor_Solis

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 am

Bringing back a few old ideas here.

Backpacks are a good start on the road here, but I would like to see more SC charging in the future. Interchangeable tanks was also a lot of fun. What about some more guns that can automatically pressurize the water? That would be great (battery operated). In accordance with big blasters, I would love to see a large gun (big capacity big output) made at least once a year. :cool:
_