Cool Garbage Find

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
wetmonkey442

Cool Garbage Find

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am

Hey, I thought you guys might find this interesting. On my walk to work this morning, I noticed a purple tank with an orange cap sticking out of a garbage can. Right away I knew it was a Super Soaker, and even though my prime days may be behind me, I practically sprinted over to the can for a closer look. I was pleasantly surprised to find a near-perfect CPS 1200 stuffed into the can, complete with a Super Soaker brand strap. I was really happy to find this blaster because it brought me back to 2002 when I bought a used CPS 1200 off of GeneralRAK on the original forums. I loved that blaster, and even featured it in a couple early attempts at water-warfare oriented image editing.

I'm not sure if the blaster is working or not, and I felt quite silly bringing it into my school with everyone looking at me, but I'd never pass the chance at another addition to my Super Soaker armory. I'll keep you guys updated in a few days when I can take the blaster back to the CT and open her up (I don't have the tools at my apartment in New York). I'll try to remember to post a picture tonight when I get back home.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Cool Garbage Find

Post by Fishfan » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

Wow. A CPS 1200 for free! Lucky.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 pm

That's awesome. Is it the yellow or silver version? Did you ever fix your broken 21k?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks! M4, it is the yellow type. And no, I never did get a chance to fix that broken CPS 21k. I think the problem was too many balloons! It was built during a time when we thought more was better. I think I'll fix it up and repaint it with a good camouflage and maybe bring that and this new 1200 to the war in March.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:55 pm

If it pumps a bit with air and can create an air shot, changes are it's still in working condition. Of course, testing with water is the definitive test and will verify whether or not it has any other issues (e.g. lamination problems or minor leaks) as well. Nice find!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 pm

"I felt quite silly bringing it into my school with everyone looking at me" thats nothing. I brought my CPS 2500 1200 and 3000 to school for mantainance day.
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:43 pm

^Except I think wetmonkey is a teacher (right?). :goofy:

Awesome score though. I think the 1200 is my favorite small CPS blaster; I have yet to hold a blaster with a more comfortable grip. As iSoaker said, you can pump it with air to see if it shoots or not.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

My favorite physics teacher brought a Nerf gun to school.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

^Yeah, I'm a teacher so it was kinda strange. Although I don't think I would have brought a Super Soaker to school when I was a student either... :P

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:09 pm

So, the question remains: does it work? If so, how well?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Well, I walk about two miles to work every morning, and I found the CPS 1200 close to my school. As a result, it is still sitting in my closet in my classroom waiting to get tested. I will most likely bring it back home during my next three day weekend so I have time to test it and find out if anything is wrong with it.

10 years ago I would have been dying from excitement. Now I'm just grading papers... :)

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm

I have been to my school with a gun bag containing my SS 300, and a camping chair bag containing my Monster. Not to mention at one point I brought my Monster X in the same chair bag (3 feet long), dripping wet, to 2 different classes.
If I ever get a CPS 2000 walking on my way to school (or work) without any sort of bag, I would sling it over my shoulder and walk like a boss.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.