I Dream of Soakers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Rook

Post by Rook » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:20 am

Has your obsession with soakers reached the point of dreaming about them?

Mine has. :oo:

I have had about four dreams about soakers. Most of which involve finding the motherload of all soaker armouries/deals all to myself. I've had one where I found a MX, MXL and a whole bunch of other guns at some small store.

How about you guys?
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:01 am

Been there; done that! :goofy:

I find there are two times of the year I tend to have more soaker dreams: one is in mid-to-late December when I start dreaming of finding the next year new soaker lines and the other is in late-spring/early-summer when I have dreams about using new soakers to hose down friends and family alike! :goofy:

The last dream I can recall about soakers was finding a bunch of new, never seen before soakers powerful enough to make the homebuilding crowd content while sleek enough to show they meant business. Sadly, I've yet to see a real stock soaker meeting the design.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:39 am

I know I've had loads of dreams about soakers, but I can only remember the one were I dreamed that my 12.11k worked really well.
I an remember a dream of one of my friends who used to be into soaking. It went like this: he went into the forest(he lives really close to one) and found a rack of cps guns galore(this was when we had no cps guns), then a fight waged between Super Soaker, WaterWarriors, and the soaking community. WaterWarriors came in last, then SuperSoaker, and then the community. :laugh:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:35 pm

I've actually had dreams about full battles. Full battles in memory-like realism, only new scenarios that have never happened. :laugh:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:18 pm

I've had some bizzare ones, one time I used some kind of weird monster XL (I've never actually seen one) and I think it didn't shoot right, well it shot small streams. There was another time, I was fighting over which soakers to use, a 2500, a 1500, and a 1000 (I wanted to use the 1500 I believe), then another time, I used the 2500 and it had 10x, 15x, and 20x nozzles. (though I never saw the streams)

Doesn't happen that often, but it has.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:24 pm

Hahaha, I have the exact same scenario as isoaker and rook. I have had several dreams of walking into a store and finding a huge selection of soakers (usually from the '98 series). The worst part is waking up. :laugh:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:02 pm

I remember one dream I've had, (I actually rarely dream when I sleep), where I was in the middle of a massive water-war in a forrest, I was captain of a company of troops and we were holding a strategic position from waves of enemy attacks until reinforcements could arrive. I don't remember many of the details.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:33 pm

I dream about soakers all the time. From new soakers to come, to holding and firing the first CPS 2000 Mk.1 prototype, to finding CPS 2500's and CPS 3200's at the store NIB for 10 bucks. :goofy:
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 am

Hannibal wrote:I dream about soakers all the time. From new soakers to come, to holding and firing the first CPS 2000 Mk.1 prototype, to finding CPS 2500's and CPS 3200's at the store NIB for 10 bucks. :goofy:
That last one's not all that unrealistic. I've done it. :p

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:51 pm

Hmm...I just remembered. A long time ago I dreamed of meeting Lonnie Johnson, who revealed a cache of CPS soakers at Hasbro and gave them out. Pretty pointless though, as the soakers don't win battles...

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 am

I know that many of you have had "dreams" where you found the perfect soaker. Well, this happened to me quite literally.

In my dream, I was wandering around Super Target somewhere in the home department. I was minding my own business when--out of the blue--there it was:

It was a super soaker, just sitting there on the shelf in the home department. It was bigger than a 4100, clad in amber and gold. The CPS chamber must've been the size of a football ... it was beautiful. It had everything: sturdy trigger, five different nozzles, a quick-fill port, a backpack, a pressure gauge ...

To top it all off it was only $20! I was so excited. I was just about to take it off the shelf when some weirdo in a bathing suit and carrying a BB-gun said that the store was being robbed and I'd better come quick.

After I shot the robber between the eyes with the BB-gun, I woke up and went online to see if it was real (it wasn't). Finally, after much remorse, I decided to relate my experience to y'all.

As far as I can see, my misery can be sourced to several things:
(1) HABRO'S COMPLETE IGNORANCE OF MY REPEATED <s>DEMANDS</s> REQUESTS TO BUILD DECENT SOAKERS,
(2) my unwillingness to go beyond the major department stores to look for soakers,
(3) my deep and complete mistrust in eBay,
(4) my unwillingness to mod my own soakers (which I must confess, is hard to do when they're COMPLETE PIECES OF CRAP!),
(5) my unwillingness to build my own soakers.

I hope that you're not getting the idea that I am the source of my own misery (it really is Habro's fault). I'm just lazy. In addition, I sincerely hope that this statement will not translate as an admission of my own "softcoredness". It's just that soakers are supposed to be fun. And it's no fun when you've have to work really hard just to find good soakers.
Another view is that if I had just grown up on crappy soakers, I wouldn't know the difference and I wouldn't have this problem. But, unfortunately, this is not how my life played out. From this point of view, it is probably my Aunt Carolyn's fault for buying my sister and I both CPS 1000s.

At this point, I will allow you to stop reading and possibly post a reply filled with the criticism that is certain to follow such a post and is essential to any well-rounded discussion.

:soakon2:
~~~~Ultor_Solis

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Interesting. It's fairly possible, just not true.

There was another recent thread entitled "I dream of soakers," or something like that. Just in case you're interested.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1166554059

Ultor_Solis

Post by Ultor_Solis » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Well, you can always dream.
~~~~Ultor_Solis

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:58 am

Note: I've opted to merge threads together.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Ah, didn't know if merging was possible on Ikonboard.

I don't really dream too much, or at least I don't remember the dreams, so it's unlikely I've dreamed of soakers frequently.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1166642620