Long Range Advice

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
mdevine

Long Range Advice

Post by mdevine » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Fist off...very cool site. I am probably too old for getting into soaking, but this looks great.

I have an off topic question that I would appreciate some advice.

I have a DIrecTV satellite dish on roof about 40 feet high. It is full of snow and my family is pissed at me as I wanted to move to satellite from cable and we now have no TV.

Any suggestions on a very high power water gun I could use to get the snow off the dish? SIze, weight, anount of water capacity dont really matter. I just need power please.

Sorry for the odd question, but would really appreciate some advice on what to buy.

Thanks!!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Long Range Advice

Post by marauder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:11 am

Thats hilarious. Super soaker CPS guns would be your best bet. 40 ft is around the max range of the smaller models eg cps 1000 1200 or 2100. Unfortunately I dont know how far theyd shoot up onto a roof, gravity of course having the tendency to bring things down to earth. You could get a light cps and k mod it. Heavy k modded 2100s and 1200s have been measured at up to 65 ft max range so I think thatd be able to shoot 40 ft up in the air. Larger guns such as the 2500 and 1500 shoot about 45 ft stock but you cant really mod them to shoot much further. The CPS 2000 shoots 50 or greater unmodded, but is ridiculously expensive due to rich nostalgic 20 and 3o somethings. The super soaker 300 is like a power washer but again is very expensive due to being very rare. If the angle isnt very steep, say you are only going 5 to 10 ft up over your 40 ft across id get a Cps 1500. If its further than that get a 1200 or 2100 and k mod it. Or if you think your dish is very securely fastened to the roof id just pelt it with waterballoons. Thatd also be your cheapest option. Oh, and use hot water!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

ArColone

Post by ArColone » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:14 am

If you what range don't get a Super Soaker unless you can get your hands on a CPS. Get a Water Warriors blaster, they normally have the best range.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:28 am

Oh, I totally forgot, STREAM MACHINE. Probably your best bet if you dont think your dish can withstand being pelted with balloons. Stream Machines are one dimensional in water wars simply because its basically just a syringe and you pnly get one shot before having to suck water up through the nozzle to fire again. That wont matter when cleaning your roof though. Just get a bucket of hot water and a stream machine to shoot it. They shoot in the upper 50s if youre strong. What Arcolone means is that out of the new guns water warriors are more powerful, the super soakers I reccomended are not in stores but on ebay. But I still say your best bet is balloons or a stream machine.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 am

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/supercps.html
Or this:
http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/aph/
The latter is easier to make, but the former is more powerful. and you can have a lot of fun with it afterwards!
Also it is difficult to get water guns in stores now, because they don't sell well in the winter. The only reliable store is ebay, you can't find a Water Warriors Gorgon anywhere else, and ebay is outrageously expensive.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 am

This is really funny. Dude, just use a pressure washer or something. Or even a garden hose for that matter. They make nozzles that can shoot as far as some of the best water guns. Even if your hose can't reach that high, you can always attach the end to a long pole or something, haha. You have no idea how hard it is to get a really high-powered water gun these days. To get one that can shoot 40 feet into the air, you should be prepared to spend at least $50 USD. No modern water gun can shoot that far hard enough to knock snow off something, so you'd need to go to ebay to find an older one that can, and they always go for obscene amounts of money. There is one exception; like marauder said, you can get a Stream Machine that can shoot that far, but it only has one shot, and you'd need to keep refilling it from a bucket or something. The point is, I'd use a pressure washer or even the hose (well, maybe I would use a water gun, but that's just because I have like 40 of them already); they work just as well and you probably already have at least a hose.

This is actually a bit of a coincidence, because I was shooting snow off the roof earlier today with my MD 6000 (which didn't do the job too well, and it's among the most powerful water guns you can buy today, aside from Stream Machine-type blasters).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:58 pm

If your hose is long enough, run it through the house and out an upper floor window with a good nozzle attachment. An average garden hose shoots about 30ft, so that setup would be enough.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers