Airborne Soaking

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Black Six

Airborne Soaking

Post by Black Six » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Drone strikes, anyone?

I'd say this could add a new aspect to water warfare, but little RC copters like that generally aren't very useful outdoors. It's still cool though!
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

soakinader

Re: Airborne Soaking

Post by soakinader » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 am

Myeah. My RC helicopter is probably twice the weight but I still can't fly it outside very well. Just a little bit of wind, and it starts getting hard to control.
Now, an RC water bomber is a different story.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 pm

RC planes are either too loud or too slugish to be effective for more than a single pass. A maneverable plane won't glide, especially with extra weight, and will be heard frum hundreds of feet away. A plane that could get good altitude and then just glide in to suprise attack the enemy could work, but after the initial ambush, it would be too slow to come back around, even if it could glide with such a heavy load.

Of course a 1/20 scale B-52 with a few dozen water baloons would no doubt be quite effective against an enemy camp.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 am

All in the name of fun, my friend. It doesn't have to be practical to be totally friggin' awesome.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 am

This thing is awesome! ... so long as the target doesn't shoot back at it. :goofy: Somehow, I don't think that the rest of it is water proof. Now, for an internal office attack over cubicle walls... hmm...

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I kinda want one! Oh man that'd be fun :baby:

For real soaking, if someone has a pilot's license and an actual plane/helicopter, just load it up with water balloons and do an air strike!

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

mr. dude wrote:For real soaking, if someone has a pilot's license and an actual plane/helicopter, just load it up with water balloons and do an air strike!
Cropduster, dude. Though a water balloon carpet bombing would be cool too. The only trouble is, there's absolutely no way that you'd be able to defeat something like that. :goofy:

I have often thought about using RC planes/helicopters for water warfare, but I don't have any that I can mess around with, even if I was actually good at flying them, haha. Even if they didn't actually attack your opponents, they could still be used for surveillance. That reminds me of that hummingbird-looking thing that was in the news a while ago. I actually saw it in person at an RC plane meet (the NEAT Fair). It would be perfect for water wars...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:13 pm

SEAL wrote:Cropduster, dude. Though a water balloon carpet bombing would be cool too. The only trouble is, there's absolutely no way that you'd be able to defeat something like that. :goofy:
Soaker tags :goofy:

I've always been into the idea of RC vehicles in battles. Not necessarily for soaking, like SEAL said they can be used for spying, they'd be interesting for transportation in CTF games, there's a lot you can do with them.
...As long as they don't break mid-game...

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 pm

I like the concept of airborne soaking, just I think the only practical use of airborne soaking is something that would cost $$$$$$$$$! Think, B-52s flying overhead dropping hundreds of waterballoons, Ant-225(If you don't know what that plane is, google it. It's the biggest plane in the world.) with giant fan sprayers, Apache helicopters with pressure washers hooked to them, and F-18s with automatic waterballon launchers and pressure washers hooked to them. That would be like all out warfare, like a water war between the United States and Russsia. :D and would be expensive too.

But having a helicopter going on an assasin mission to take out the other team's captain would not work. It's easier and more reliable to send out a sniper.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 pm

It also doesn't have to be practical to be totally fricking INSANE. XP

Although it does inspire me for a new kind of water warfare: Siege water warfare. With heavy artillery.
Castles and forts made of cardboard and duct tape. Using AP cannons, giant slingshots, catapaults, and trebuchets, to hurl water balloons over 100 feet. Soaked bodies strewn across the battlefield. Squads of brave soldiers, charging the enemy fortress with their shields held high, under the battering hail of enemy fire. And the fierce defenders of the fortress, with not only dozens of water bombs at their disposal, but powerful CPS guns and riot-blast cannons at the ready.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Fishfan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:44 am

^^ 8) I like that idea. Makes me smile.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:51 pm

I couldn't resist...
I bought the helicopter, it'll get here in January. I anticipate lots of pranking with it :goofy:

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 am

IDK,it's an interesting idea, it looks like it only holds less than 20mL of liquid, but the 30 foot transmitter range is what really kills it for me.
But hey, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 am

From a soaker enthusiast's perspective, it's definitely not even close to worth the $60 I shelled out ($40+$20 shipping), but it does seem like a fun thing to have. It kind of offends my moral beliefs though because it uses the words "water cannon"

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Been playing around with it these last few days. It's fun to fly, but, as you'd expect, it barely holds any water. I tried watering the plants with it, but I kinda missed...

I need to get better at flying this thing...

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

At least your aim is better than Seal's.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am

^But at least I got a few kills in CT!

mr. dude: What kind of range and output does it get?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 pm

My guess:
Dismal and dismal, respectively.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

atvan wrote:My guess:
Dismal and dismal, respectively.
That may count as praise...

Range may be able to hit 10' on a good day. As for output, think of it this way: you fill the reservoir with a dropper, and it takes a good 10 seconds of holding the trigger down to empty it.