What do they say aSuper Soaker 2000 serial numbers

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Wayne

Post by Wayne » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:10 pm

I found two Super Soaker 2000 Mark I guns hiding in the garage today. Happily, they still work great.

On the left side of each gun, down near the grip, is a small serial number: 3017 on one gun and 3126 on the other. Can anyone tell me what these numbers mean? For example, was gun number 3017 the 3017th Mark I made ever made?

Also, does anyone know how many Mark I guns were made?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Wayne S.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:59 am

The numbers on the side are a code used by Larami/Hasbro to identify when a soaker was made and what factory manufactured the soaker. It is not a count of total soakers made. I am a little curious about the one labelled 3126. I think the last number refers to the year of manufacture (ie 199-6) which makes me curious. Is the 3126 a definite original CPS2000 with the full-sized CPS chamber? Can you share pics of these soakers with us? Also, can you also let us know what the copyright stamp (if any) reads on the soakers?

Lucky find!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:59 am

A very lucky find indeed, congrats, and welcome to the isoaker forums.
(Wipe your mouse before entering please.) :laugh:

BTW, its usually a really bad idea to post your first and last name on a discussion board. (I'm sure you'll back me on this isoaker)

Edited By WaterWolf on 1163437272
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:40 pm

BTW, its usually a really bad idea to post your first and last name on a discussion board.

Man, I'm missing reading things. Thanks for pointing that out, WaterWolf! I've opted to reduce his last name to just the initial. Different people have different levels of comfort in terms of giving out their full names, but I like erring on the safe side.

@Wayne: as an aside, I forgot to mention but I have no idea on the approximate numbers of CPS 2000 Mk1 were manufactured. I would assume at least 10000, but not sure how many multiples of that were made.

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 pm

Thanks, everyone, for those quick and useful responses. I'll continue digging into what the serial numbers mean and post anything I discover.

Taking a closer look at the soakers, I noticed a second number up on the carry handle. It says, "Item number 9797-0, 1996.

I tried attaching a picture of one of the guns but the forum asked for the URL of the image, which I don't have, it's saved in my My Documents folder.

I assume the units I have are Mark I guns because the decal says, "Air Pressure Super Soaker." It's my understanding that the Mark I gun's sticker read, "Constant Pressure Super Soaker."

Wayne

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:12 pm

Great, it would be good to know more about those numbers.
The 1996 seems to be the year, (obviously), and those other numbers, the 9797-0, might be a patent-number.

U'm, I think you've got a miss-spelling in your last sentence. I believe your trying to say that you have mark I guns and that the mark TWO guns have the "Constant Pressure Super Soaker" slogan.

-B.D.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:43 pm

9797-0 is simply the Larami/Hasbro product ID number and is not the patent number. All Super Soakers can also be identified by their 5-digit item number (i.e. the Max Infusion Overload has Item Number 52691; the CPS1000 ID number is 9790-0). 1996 is the year of the copyright so even if a soaker is made in 1997, it's copyright year would not change and reflects the year of design (usually one year before a Super Soaker's actual market release, but the CPS2000 seems to be the one aberration to this, having a copyright year and release year being the same).

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am

Opps, you're right, WaterWolf. Thanks for catching that. I messed up the last sentence of my post. I meant to say that my soakers have "Air Pressure Super Soakers" suggesting that they are MK1s whereas the MK2s have stickers that say, "Constant Pressure Super Soaker."

I was pumping one of them up tonight and when it reached 1/4-pressure there was a loud "phewt" and the pressure dropped to zero and water started leaking out all over the place. I'm opening it up to see what happened. I hope something just came loose so it's an easy fix.

Wayne

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:39 am

Uh-oh. I hope its not something serious like the pressure-chamber blowing-out.
Even if it may seem irreparable, keep it, because you may someday need spare parts for the other one.

-B.D.

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:03 pm

I took the 2000 apart and sure enough there was a 1/2-inch long tear in the bladder. Rats.

I'm researching bladder repair/replacement options.

Wayne

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:44 pm

This is a question to modders as a whole:
Would doing a Collosiss mod fix his problem?

-B.D.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:20 pm

A popped pressure chamber is not very serious at all.

A Colossus modification would not fix anything. That doesn't seal against rubber, and even if it did, it would apply force unevenly and would either break or work really poorly.

No one knows this really because they assume the worst, but you can replace the pressure chamber. A few months ago we actually had someone come on SSC with this problem and we led them through what to do. They replaced the bladder and kindly made a guide for everyone to follow in this situation: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3710/

This is just a general note to people. A popped bladder is by no means a lethal problem. It might actually be a good thing in some water guns, giving you an opportunity to replace what was weakening after many expansions. I would recommend replacement not only for water guns that have popped bladders, but those that are losing power.

Edit: Read my reply a SSC too.

Edited By Ben_ on 1163543175