Nerf Super Soaker Flash Blast

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Nerf Super Soaker Flash Blast

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 am

As reported by Urban Taggers, looks like there's another upcoming blaster for the 2013 Nerf Super Soaker line, the Flash Blast.

See also: Nerf Super Soaker Flash Blast

From the picture, doesn't appear to be air or pump-based, meaning this is either a motorized or trigger-pump-based blaster. Then again, based on the shape of the top, it may also turn out to be a spring-loaded blaster where you pull the top part back (like some Nerf guns) to prime a small, internal piston. My guess is on the latter.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Flash Blast

Post by marauder » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:21 am

The front of the gun looks like it has a break in it, like there is a top piece and a bottom piece to the gun. That definitely suggests a spring-loaded design. Looks pretty cool, but I don't expect much out of it performance wise.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:49 pm

The more I look at that pic, the more I'm convinced it's a spring-loaded piston-type water blaster akin to old Larami Corp.'s Power Chargers (see: about mid-way down the Pre-Super Soaker History article on iSoaker.com), granted minus the clip the Larami one's had.

First a focus on battery-powered blasters, now bringing back this spring-loaded stuff... the Nerf Super Soaker line seems to be going backwards from the start of the Super Soaker era. Will we soon be seeing Nerf Super Soaker trigger-based squirt pistols as their featured blasters?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Don't forget the Microburst with its pinch-trigger design, too.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, I wouldn't have suspected that there were more guns from Hasbro next year. Not that it makes a difference. I do wonder how a spring-based water gun would perform though. If it's like anything else from Hasbro, probably not much better than a squirt pistol.

It's almost like Hasbro's deliberately trying to insult the community.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:06 am

The real sad thing is, this gun's name is a combination of the last two great SS CPS-tech water guns: the Flash Flood and the Arctic Blast.
It's almost like Hasbro's deliberately trying to insult the community.
QFT.

Although, I really hope that this gun surprises us. Despite the gun's small size, spring-based pressure systems are compact and can be quite potent. I'm hoping that it gives out a lot of power in that small frame. Being able to holster or pocket a gun capable of 5X output would be excellent. Having power on par with the others would be a total let-down.

Let it be known: in a waterfight with the latest and greatest super soakers, you would be better off using a Super Soaker 50.

Isoaker; Whoa. I have never looked at that page before. Those spring-loaded water guns (and the shotgun) look really cool. I want one!
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.