Am I crazy? (about the Hydro Cannon)

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
JS
WWN League Team: Hurricane X

Am I crazy? (about the Hydro Cannon)

Post by JS » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Am I the only person here that thinks the SS Hydro Cannon is pretty good?
GLaDOS: Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!

Fishfan
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Am I crazy? (about the Hydro Cannon)

Post by Fishfan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:29 pm

No. It's the third most powerful stock gun. Plus it has really good modding potential. I modded mine to shoot farther easily. But it also has:
Too big nozzle
Small pressure chamber (Big nozzle + small pressure chamber = low shot time)
Small capacity
Small pump volume
No nozzle selector

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Fishfan, can you show us how you modded your Hydrocannon? What performance increases did you see?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 pm

I just did a jefman3 mod. I say a 10+ ft increase in range, and the stream was much more focused(If you could even call it a stream). All you do is cut out the screen, and jam a 1/2 inch piece of CPVC in the nozzle, and there you go. There is a guide on the wiki.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 am

It has the most potential we have seen in years, but the Flash Flood is better, in my (biased) opinion, anyways. It has a massive ball valve; coupled with a new PC it could be beastly. The problem is, massive nozzle opening, not enough power.

Anyone tried replacing the stock PC with LRT, expanding the PC casing straight through the reservoir? Now THAT would be a "Hydro Cannon". A "Hydro Bazooka"!
I know that (Insert name here, I'm tired) put a CPS 2500 bladder inside of a Hydrocannon, but I don't recall how that turned out.

My Hydro Cannon sucks. It takes ~31 pumps to fill the PC completely (I have tried pumping faster/slower but it doesn't seem to do anything), when it should take 20. There is no way to tell if if is full until you shoot it. 200mL isn't that bad, but it would be easier to slosh a cup of water at someone.
Thing is, less than half of the water from my Hydro Cannon would actually hits someone standing 15 feet away. It might have a "max" range of 30 feet, but then you have barely hit them, and the blast was just for show. Better to use a standard water gun, or a Flash Flood. I might just have a good Flash Flood, but unmodified it -Drenches- under 22 feet, 25+ with the screen removed. The Hydro Cannon I have seems to just splatter in a 30 foot line on the ground in front of me.
In the end, 350 mL + a stream setting beats 200mL of aesthetics. It's still the most powerful/highest output thing available at the moment, but seeing as there are still Flash Floods on shelves in my area, it will be a while before I would buy another Hydro Cannon.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

JS
WWN League Team: Hurricane X

Post by JS » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Its my only water gun since i took apart my ww wasp
GLaDOS: Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!

Fishfan

Post by Fishfan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Dukesoakem:
http://www.dukesoakem.com/conclusion.html
I don't know, once I got water in all the internals, it took me only 15 pumps to get it before it started to get really hard to pump. And with jeffman's nozzle mod, almost all the water is delivered to the target. It is tricky to use up all the water in the hydro cannon, because of the weirdly placed intake tube, but that can be entirely avoided with a backpack. You could use a camelback for that, because the hydrocannon doesn't suck water up like a firehose, unlike many APHs/CPHs :goofy: I haven't made a backpack yet, partly because I'm a little lazy, but mostly because I think I can spend my money on something better. (Like a 1200.)

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am

Hmm I wonder if/when duke will put a smaller nozzle on the HC 2500?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.