CPS water guns - question

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:08 pm

What is the largest CPS ever made? Is it still in stores? If it isn't what is the largest CPS still in stores? Our team is building something similar but more heavily armed than the A.A.V.

Grand General Napoleon out.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:29 pm

The largest CPS ever made is the Monster XL. The most powerful stock CPS blaster made is the CPS2000. Neither are still in stores. The largest available CPS-type soakers available are the Water Warriors Blazer and the Water Warriors Scorpion, but even these are a far cry from the big CPS cannons from the late 1990s.

If you're looking for a soaker with greater power than the average stock soaker, you'll either need to buy an older one from eBay or consider building your own soaker.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:02 pm

CPS 2000: http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... ID=cps2000

Monster XL: http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... =monsterxl

The stuff isn't easy to find on ebay either. (and even harder to find at a cheaper price)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1160442168
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Rook

Post by Rook » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:31 pm

This is the Hasbro age. They don't sell anything longer than about two feet :p

The Krypton is supposed to be pretty big. I don't know why you care so much about size--performance is what really counts. The Storm 750 is a great gun for its size, as is the Argon.

Then again, "Guns don't win wars. Users win wars." I think Duxburian (and several others) has made that statement many times.

Edited By Rook on 1160526822
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:12 pm

I need for a turret on a water fighting vehicle.

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

DX

Post by DX » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:16 pm

I've got a whole chapter of my Tactical Theory book for why users matter much more than guns. However, the addition of tactical progression more than doubles the length of the book and forces me to rethink this particular issue. For in the Firepower Era and earlier, guns sometimes CAN be more important than the user.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:18 am

An A.A.V?
I'd love to see it completed and in action.

Just a few questions to help find you a turret gun:

1, How big is your vehicle?
2, How many people can it carry?
3, What terrain will it be fighting on?
4, Are you willing to buy off ebay?
5, Would you be willing to make a homemade gun?

Some pics would be nice to see how it could be attached to the vehicle.

Edited By WaterWolf on 1160585160
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:51 pm

Vehicles + Water = Bad. It's just asking for someone to get hurt.

And anything large enough to be used as a turret is probably to nice of a gun to mount, since you will probably damage it. If you really must have a turret, make a homemade. It's probably cheaper, and more effective.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:22 pm

Never mind. By the way, we wouldn't get near people, and he sold the go-kart for a potato launcher. We might get another one though.

@WaterWolf:
1. Medium sized
2. 3-4
3. Just about all of them
4. Yes
5. Yes

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160616217

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Is this the go-kart you were talking about? If I didn't mention it earlier, I'll say right now that it's probably better to have only one person inside. In that case, pressure chamber capacity is the most important aspect; a backpack Super Charger, a Splashzooka, a Monster X with a PC expansion mod, a CPS 2000 mk.1, or a homemade are just about your only options.

If there's a separate gunner, it's better to just let him use a regular gun.

EDIT: With what's out there these days, I'm telling you it is practically impossible for a go-kart or an A.A.V. to have anything more potent than the one in the picture.

Edited By SilentGuy on 1160616603

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:58 pm

PC expansion? I haven't heard of that. Could you tell me what that is? Not that I'd risk it on my MX, but I just want to know how it works.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:04 pm

SilentGuy: Not better weapons... more weapons.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:31 pm

Well, in certain guns (most notably the Monster X), there is a ton of wasted space due to weird designs and the plastic preventing further expansion of the CPS bladder. Cut out a few parts and you can increase the potential size of the bladder. I'm guessing you can do it to the CPS 2000 Mk.2 and the CPS 2500, but maybe that means that a PC expansion mod can eventually thin the rubber. I don't know.

I tried searching for internals pics, but neither Underground nor any other sites have them for the MX. I didn't know you had one--open it up and you'll see.

More weapons? Then you'd need more people to man them, etc. IMO, a gun with greater range beats a thousand with smaller range; and if you have so many guns, then you can't even use them. And even the extra capacity is wasted then if a single gun can carry a decent amount.

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:07 pm

Oh, that. I know what that is. Went braindead for a moment.

Yeah, for the cost of four Flash Floods, you could probably get a CPS 2000, which can own those FFs any day of the wwek without even getting close.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:28 pm

^ Assuming you only have one person for the four Flash Floods. Otherwise, the Flash Floods would rule. Sure, I do stress performance, but my opinion for everything is that quality often can't beat quantity. It works in fables, but not beyond that.

It's like in chess. Losing a queen (9 points) is worse than losing a rook :p, a bishop, and a pawn (8 points total), because of the mobility factor. You've got three times the number of attacks, which no single attack can stop. And the Flash Flood is actually a decent, light soaker.

But you're right. Then again, why would you want four FFs anyway?

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:41 pm

It is true, I don't know of anyone who could hold off 4 enemies single-handed. I've never seen it done. My 1v4 battle doesn't count, as I was not stupid enough to take on four people at once, regardless of the guns. I've held off 3 enemies once, but that was way back when our local tactics permitted it.

I still don't get the point of "turret" guns in water warfare. I'd much rather put that good gun in the hands of someone who can use it effectively in the field.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 pm

Duxburian wrote:It is true, I don't know of anyone who could hold off 4 enemies single-handed. I've never seen it done. My 1v4 battle doesn't count, as I was not stupid enough to take on four people at once, regardless of the guns. I've held off 3 enemies once, but that was way back when our local tactics permitted it.

I still don't get the point of "turret" guns in water warfare. I'd much rather put that good gun in the hands of someone who can use it effectively in the field.
Too true. I've held off two and three people at once, but their tactics are, frankly speaking, terrible. I'm not even talking about advanced tactics--just the basics, the fundamentals. Such as moving around, getting angles on and flanking people, using any and all cover, etc. And the CPS 4100 made little difference, as the MD5K has as much range and the MDSS came very close.

Ah, but choosing not to confront all four at once is a tactic in itself. Dividing and conquering (better than the equally harped dividing so not everybody dies--that's lame, as you are sure to lose people that way) definitely works. Similarly, in airsoft I put everybody in one group (at least when you attack), which is easy since there are defined objectives. When you attack, you can choose when and where--the enemy has fewer people in any given location.

Turrets are also bad ideas, as you lose mobility. Why don't I like hoses? Not because of range. But because of the mobility. And if they do stray as far as the hose allows, then you cut in behind and clamp off the hose. ;)

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Your go-Kart can carry 3 to 4 people?!
I'm quite surprised, that is a significant vehicle.
I'd go for building a homemade gun, then mounting it on the vehicle.

If I were building the homemade, I would take advantage of the vehicles size and put a large tank of water (5 gallons maybe), on the kart, with a hose going from this to a homemade pressure chamber. For the gun itself, i'd use something like Ben's very cleanly built CPH gun.
Where did the topic about that gun go anyways?
I looked through most of the Isoaker forums and didnt see it.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:33 pm

Where did the topic about that gun go anyways?
I looked through most of the Isoaker forums and didnt see it.

Try searching for the CAP topic. It's a constant air pressure gun, not constant pressure. There's a signficant difference.

Why don't I like hoses? Not because of range. But because of the mobility. And if they do stray as far as the hose allows, then you cut in behind and clamp off the hose. ;)

Hose range does matter quite a bit. Way back before organized warfare, I fought with neighbors. One used the hose, which only had range in the 30s. So I just stood there with a 2500 and nailed him from out of his range. He took the full firepower from every person in the free for all, totally helpless the whole time. A perfect ambush or nasty trick tactic doesn't even come close to the pwnage one can deliver to a hose user.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:31 pm

Are you referring to Ben's SuperCAP (Constant Air Pressure), one of his two CPHs (Constant Pressure Homemades--use CPS), or Drenchenator's CPH? Or none of the above? If anything, it'll be at SSC.

Perhaps you're right...it's just that my guns, except for the APH whose pump was fixed too late to inaugurate, don't outdistance the hose that much. Not even the CPS 4100, and my house's elevation is pretty high as this area has tons of hills--so the pressure is low. But I'd imagine that there would be a noticeable difference when using a CPS 2000/2500 or a homemade.