CPS water guns - question

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:37 am

@ SilentGuy and Duxburian : A turret would be a heavily modded gun too heavy, too big, or too clumsy to be used by a soldier in the field.

@ WaterWolf : The go-kart wasn't large... medium... smaller than a golf cart... larger than a wagon... about 3-5 feet long. But he had it fixed up to where 3-4 people could ride on it when it was going at a low speed (5-7 mph).

Edited By WaterNapoleon on 1160829551
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:40 am

@ SilentGuy and Duxburian : A turret would be a heavily modded gun too heavy, too big, or too clumsy to be used by a soldier in the field.

There's no such thing. At least for modded guns. Modded guns pack high power in a small package. For example, you can mod a 1200 to shoot double the range of a Flash Flood, yet the 1200 size and weight barely change. In fact, a heavily modded gun would meet even the Professional Era's specifications for Battle Practicality, the strictest of all.

You'd need a giant homemade, or a giant WBL or giant water cannon in order to call it something too heavy, big, or clumsy to give to a soldier in the field. And in some eras, bigger is better-you'd want that power on the front line.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:08 pm

What about the Monster XL? Those things weigh 10 pounds I think. Not counting the extra water we always carry on our backs and possibly a WBL with Water Balloons or a Backup Water Gun.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:14 pm

IMO The bigger is not always better. While it is true that the larger a stock gun is it generally gets more power, but power isn't always the best thing to have in a gun. Range, output, capacity, and shot time are also important.
Remember that this is just My fighting style, you should always choose for yourself...
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:15 pm

WaterNapoleon wrote:What about the Monster XL? Those things weigh 10 pounds I think. Not counting the extra water we always carry on our backs and possibly a WBL with Water Balloons or a Backup Water Gun.
Uh...that would be Duxburian's point exactly. And getting a gun that's large just so you can have a turret defeats the purpose of looking for performance. Forget about the fact that most turrets in real life just happen to be heavy; they perform well.

And frankly, if the thing is too clumsy to carry around, then you probably don't need to be using it on the field. Assuming water cannons and CAP homemades aren't reachable, a homemade probably won't get much more than 60 feet. Any modded gun or smaller homemade, and some stock guns, easily reach 50 feet. That 10-foot advantage ain't gonna help you much, and the lack of mobility will get you killed. You can't dodge in a turret.

Also, the MXL has a range of about 30-40 feet.

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:26 pm

@ WaterWolf : I'll have pictures. Eventually..

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:14 pm

Alright, alright, after reading up on all of this nearly two weeks removed, here are my two cents worth:

As far as this "turret" gun, I think it would be a bad idea to physically (permanently) mount (attach) your intended weapon to your vehicle. ...Unless you were going for some kind of setup similar to that used in the Millenium Falcon by Han and Luke for fending off swarms of TIEs (doubtful). Your gunner would have more mobility carrying a large weapon in their hands.
BUT: It would be worth considering this a "turret" weapon if you were giving it an oversize resevoir capacity. Oversize, of course, meaning larger than the given user would normally be willing to carry on foot. Think of a 20 gallon container, or even if it was just a 5-gallon bucket rigged up properly; having that mounted in your vehicle, with all of that being routed to your gunner's weapon. That would be the only mounting I would consider worth attempting.

Totally different idea: there was previously talk about multiple weapons vs. one good weapon, with the assumption that one person can only fire (realistically) one or two weapons at a time. Has anyone thought of rigging two (or more!) weapons' triggers to be pulled at the same time? The way one thinks of forward firing-lasers on say, an X-Wing, might help you picture what I'm getting at. Perhaps straight forward might not be the best angle for this vehicle, since that could potentially lead to the danger of running people over, but that can be discussed later.

One last thing: any practical way of putting some sort of WBL on this thing? Kinda like a tank, maybe? **insert crazed evil laughter :angry: ** This might lead to the necessity of an additional person just for loading weapons, etc. like in actual tank crews.

Feel free to expand on my ideas 'til I see fit to pop in next. Can't wait to see what develops.
...Hopefully in the form of pictures. And yes, that was a (weak) joke.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:55 pm

I didn't mention a WBL for this thing? If not, then I back LtDan64. Thanks!

Two guns? An okay idea, except that you also have to steer. And that's steering while leading two targets, and forget about the pumping. It's like with a Monster XL: the single nozzle is better than both.

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:57 pm

I was taking it for granted that one would use SC weaponry for that particular task, but if you had one person whose job was just loading water balloons, maybe they could pump? ...Honestly, I just didn't think through about the whole two different targets deal. :goofy: I guess I was mostly looking for a cheaper way to concentrate firepower on one target, so aiming two or more weak guns in the same direction, firing at the same time...
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:52 pm

I agree with SilentGuy and Duxbarian. The only way you could mod a gun to be too heavy or clumsy would be either a (very large) resovoir enhancement, or a useless mod. That would make the gun worse than it already is. I would just mod a light gun to make it as good as a large gun. Mobility is important.
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:51 am

Why have a assault vehicle when you could call up your big Russian friend to carry a big freakin' water gun?
Of coarse not everyone has a Russian friend, but vehicles in a water fight seems unpractical in my opinion. With every battle the terrain can change, as it changes, you investment in you vehicle of watery doom will become less useful. Since not everyone of your enemies will want to fight in your prefered area where your vehicle has good conditions to fight in. It may seem like a good idea now but it'll be easier to just deliver firepower on foot. Even if another team has these vehicles, a veteran or just some newb who knows how to think can easily deal with them. If the enemy incorperate vehicles, then the vehicles make them feel superior as it gives them confidence. You take control and remove that fancy crap, you also remove their sense of invicibilty, which will lower their moral. Moral is the over all will of the team, if their team has felt the punch of low moral, you have won. How do you remove the confidence vehicles gives your enemies? Easy, by going, fighting, and achiving battle objectives in places where your multi-wheeled foe can't go. This tactic/mehtod alone is enough to make your enemies say: "Damn, I wish we hadn't bought all this crap! It's completly useless here!" It's difficult to have a efficient Water Combat Vehicle if you're not willing to spend next three year's allownence on it. Good water supply, good weapons, room for gunner and driver not to mention the price tag! Well, I kinda went far on this post but it's just way too impractical IMo for vehicles in water warfare.

Cheers, :p
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty