Favorite Clothing for Water Wars

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Favorite Clothing for Water Wars

Post by marauder » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:18 pm

I just finished packing up the military clothes and equipment that I get to take home from my deployment, and a thought occured to me - I could put a lot of this stuff to good use.

How do you prefer to dress?

This is a complex question, because I'm sure a lot of y'all are like me, and you'll answer with "well it depends on the situation." I often end up wearing athletic shorts and a t shirt for soakfests where there isn't a lot of combatants or natural concealment. I like being able to tell where I've been hit and where other people have been hit. For some reason my brain instinctively equates area soaked to "battle damage" in a video game haha. This often results in a lot of trash talking over who's the wettest. I honestly don't need a definitive answer on who won, it's fun to just banter back and forth.

For night fights I often find myself ditching the cotton for a water resistant material. Visibility is much lower, so I pay less attention trying to figure out how wet everyone is. You could also take the opposite stance on this, and opt for cotton since no one will be able to see that you've been hit. But I enjoy the less restrictive/wet, more mobile feeling of something like an Under Armor shirt.

With anything involving the woods I like to wear camo. I typically wear my old BDUs. That's the dark green forest camo. I am rather excited to try out my multicam combat shirts though, which you can see here. They have padded elbows, which are great when you have to take cover. The material is water resistant, so you it will take a lot to get soaked. What does everyone think of the multi cam combat shirts? They almots have a sports jersey look to them. I have about 5 of these and may give them out if people are interested. You can buy them at Army surplus stores for much cheaper than MSRP. I am also interested in comparing my BDU forest camo to multi cam in different environments.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Favorite Clothing for Water Wars

Post by SEAL » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

If we're fighting anywhere with trees, bushes, etc. I wear camo. I usually go with my woodland-pattern cargo pants, along with some shirt I got at Old Navy a while ago, that has a woodland-ish pattern. I want to get a jacket for CT though, and I'll probably wear a few layers underneath. I've always wanted to get a tactical vest as well (with all the pockets), but never got around to it. If it's hot enough I'd just wear that.

But if it's not a serious fight, or if I fight in an area without trees/bushes, then I just wear whatever I happen to have on at the time, haha. This also applies to night wars, though I'd probably wear camo if we ever do a serious night round.

That multicam thing looks pretty cool, but I think I still prefer the woodland pattern. As DX said, it's actually designed for the northeast area.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Favorite Clothing for Water Wars

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 pm

I typically wear regular clothes although I may try to get some kind of camo before I ever fight in a serious game with WWn members
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: