Hands-On: Water Warriors Chameleon - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Water Warriors Chameleon Review posted (finally! :goofy:)

Behaves quite similar to the Hornet, but different means filling/re-filling.

Enjoy the review!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:14 pm

I'm a Super Soaker fan. :)
No offense but some of the photos could have had better lighting.

Grand General Napoleon out.
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

urbanfighter7

Post by urbanfighter7 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:48 pm

IMO Water Woriors has the best guns of 2006.To me the pics look fine. :D

Edited By urbanfighter7 on 1160697007
My Armory:
CPS 1000
CPS 1500
CPS 2500
Douchenator
APH!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:57 pm

I've forgotten how pleasant it is to read new iSc reviews. Excellent job, as usual!

I've never heard of the gun before, but I've really been out of it (meaning the stock soaker world) this year. Seriously. It seems like a regression, to tell you the truth. What they've done with the reservoirs is reverted to the inferior, more-hassle/less-reliable/wearing-down SS bottle reservoirs, and in the process made each of the reservoirs smaller.

But BBT is probably a bit ahead of SS these past few years. They've got 'em in all fronts: electric (Scorpion), CPS (Blazer/Lightning/Piranha), Pre Chargers (not that great though--I'd want a Hydro Power), pistols, and probably more that I've forgotten besides the Splat Blaster. Although the way SS got the MI line together, and their FF, are good too.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Mehh... I have to say that I prefer the screw on caps. Less time consuming to screw/unscrew, and less things to hold while refilling.

Napoleon, ever tried writing a review with 10+ pics? Very time consuming. We're very lucky to have someone so committed to reviewing as iSoaker is.

Nice job, as always!

WaterNapoleon

Post by WaterNapoleon » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:22 pm

I didn't mean it like that... it wasn't criticism of iSoaker_com... I was just saying most of his pictures were excellent :) but two just had a minor lighting problem :(. AND AN EXCELLENT JOB! :) :) 9.99999... out of 10.

The nines never end.

iSoaker_com Edit: excessive 9's edited out though appreciated (just occupies too much board space); I'll adjust the lighting on the side shot of the soaker and a couple others that are a touch dark. Critiques are most welcome! :cool:
<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Grand General Napoleon out.</span>

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:01 pm

ugh, not gunna lie but im quite dissapointed with the blaster after the review. mainly due to the fact of the screw on tanks. when news of the blaster was first posted on the forums it looked pretty sweet, like a hornet with more water. but now it seems like a scaled down version of the ss50 (anyone else remember back in the day with the extra tank ammo belt? i still got mine somewhere :laugh: ). and napoleon, even if they were ment to be in the name of comedy, please use less 9's next time :p
more reliable then a max-D trigger

DX

Post by DX » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:20 pm

One 9 does the job better than...a whole bunch. Luckily, despite having spent more time doing homework than sleeping over the past two weeks, I'm in a good mood. Watch the excessive use of any alphanumeric next time, as doing things like that annoys people.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:07 am

Thanks for the kudos and feedback! :cool:

I adjusted the lighting/contrast on a few of the images that were a little dark (I was being lazy before :goofy:) Though the idea of having extra tanks is nice, I, too, am no longer fond of screw-on reservoir and feel that caps are much preferred (I'd rather have a universal refill bottle that can be used to pour into capped-soakers as opposed to having to swap whole reservoirs; that way it could be useful for any blaster... hmmm... )

That said, I think price-wise, the Chameleon was retailing for the same price as the older Hornet so can't complain too much there.

Speaking on pricing, I should add in a box or two on MSRP and perhaps current values, though current value numbers vary a lot.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:09 am

a current msrp listing in reviews would be good information to have. i take it if the the chameleon was ment to replace the hornet (or at least be an upgrade) then i guess we can settle for that. the hornet did have a small reservoir and just adding swapable tanks could be considered an upgrade.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:31 pm

I agree about the reservoirs, hasbro's fast-fill cap is so much better, though I would've prefered if it had a string and wasn't threaded backwards. The super charger system was pretty good too, but the first QFD's they made weren't so good in the sense that they could only fill SC blasters. While the SC system pressurizes for you, I still sort of prefer fast fill as it allows for fast filling with bottles. Of course, it'd be great if there was some standard where guns had both methods but probably will never happen.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:23 pm

You're right--fast-fill caps and MI caps are much better solutions. The problem is that the companies probably won't want to use the same, universal caps.

Original MSRP/retail value would be okay, but you can just forget about the current values. They vary greatly from soaker to soaker and over time, thus asking at the forums is easier for all of us (since you don't have to constantly update, and since we don't have to constantly correct the inevitable outdated prices--no offence) and more effective.