CPS 1000 Review - ^

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
wetmonkey442

CPS 1000 Review - ^

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:43 pm

I just uploaded this review onto Downpour, so now Downpour has a grand total of 2 reviews (look out iSoaker! :goofy: ). I have not yet taken a full set of pictures for the CPS 1000 gallery, but I'm planning on it this week. My CPS 1000 is actually k-modded, but I took the stats prior to that.

Soak On

CPS 1000 Review

Front to Back

The CPS 1000 is a solidly built CPS weapon. While it may not feature the famed denseness of its distant cousin, the CPS 2100, the 1000 is built ruggedly. One may notice distinct differences between the CPS 1000 and its brother the CPS 1200. The first difference lies in the general shape of the blaster. The CPS 1000 has a distinctive shape to it, and features a “minimalist” approach to cosmetics, opting for simple curves and angles rather than excessive amounts of decorative plastic tubing or strange aesthetically pleasing designs. The CPS 1000 is built-to-purpose. Its task is to deliver a stream of water over a specified distance, and do it well. It performs solidly, and it’s designed the same way.

The first thing someone will notice about the CPS 1000 is the large, blue pressure chamber. Unlike the CPS 1200 and CPS 2100, the view of the PC is quite unobstructed, and makes it the focal point of the gun. The main shell of the gun is light gray, and is actually quite narrow. Many have described the CPS 1000 as “tall” and while this certainly can’t be taken as a quantitative statistic, it does well to describe the look and feel of the gun. While perhaps not being any taller than the average mid sized CPS soaker, when compared to the average width of the main body of the gun, it could definitely be considered proportionally “tall”.

The colors of the CPS 1000 are worth noting. The CPS 1000 opts out of the flashier, or at least more startlingly color combinations of its contemporary companions, the CPS 1500 and CPS 2500, and was produced instead in light gray and dark blue. This color combination is quite pleasing to the eye, and its neutral colors help to avoid oppressive glare in the bright sun. The nozzles, pump cap, and trigger are done up in the customary Super Soaker orange. The pump handle of the gun is colored the same blue as the PC and reservoir, and a small plastic grip on the back of the trigger handle is also blue, and lightly textured to provide a better grip. Overall, the CPS 1000 has very clean lines, and no obvious features, cosmetic or otherwise, that would snag on clothing or obstruct the use of the gun in any way. The large carrying handle along the top of the gun is wide and can accommodate large hands, although hastily grabbing the handle can result in inadvertent scratches against the top seam of the plastic shell. Sanding this down lightly can help immensely, and the severity of the shell misalignment varies tremendously with each blaster. In other words, while one person’s CPS 1000 may have quite a sharp seam on the top of the blaster, you may find none to speak of on yours.

Battle Effectiveness/Capability

The CPS 1000 is built as a solid mid range CPS blaster. It was part of the famous 1998 CPS line, and thus features CPS technology at its most potent. The power in the CPS 1000 is truly incredible compared to modern soakers, but it doesn’t mean that the CPS 1000 is not without fault, or that it is an ideal weapon in all situations. The CPS 1000 has a potent stream rated at 5x. It has above average range as well, and the stream packs quite a punch. The CPS 1000 also has a long shot time. All of these factors combine to make the CPS 1000 a powerful, but compact weapon. It is not without fault, however. The CPS 1000’s reservoir is measured at being only a little over 75 oz. Although this may dwarf greatly the reservoir volumes of the current years, you’ll find yourself refilling with the CPS 1000 more often then you would with the slightly large and more powerful CPS 1500. In addition, the superiority of the overall “power” of the CPS 1000 compared to that of the CPS 1200 has been a hotly debated subject. While many claim, and most test prove that the CPS 1000 has a superior amount of range, many users say that they feel that their CPS 1200 delivers a more powerful blast. While an exact measurement of “power”, as a combination of the factors of range, stream size, stream force, and stream lamination, has yet to be entirely agreed upon, it should be noted that the stream size of the CPS 1000 seems to be more laminar than that of the CPS 1200, and thus slightly smaller.

The capability of the CPS 1000 in a water battle is enormous. While the blasters packs quite a powerful set of internals, it is stored in a compact and convenient package. The CPS 1000 is light, making it perfect for even small water warriors. However, the CPS 1000 is still limited by the weight of the CPS system, and thus its range of use is limited partially to individuals who are able to carry and maneuver with it over the time period of a water battle. The CPS 1000 is not recommended to be used by or against children under the age of five. Besides the slight risk of injury, the main argument against this is simply the impracticability of such a user/soaker combination.

Overall Stats

Observed Range (Level, 45 Degree Angle): 25 feet, 36 feet
Reservoir Volume: 78 oz.
Pressure Chamber Volume: 20 oz.
Pumps to Fill: 16-19

(10/10) When Compared Against Similar Soakers
Range: 8/10
Power: 7/10
Shot Time: 7.5/10
Mobility/Balance: 9/10
Design: 9/10

Edited By wetmonkey442 on 1159390100

Link to primary Super Soaker CPS 1000 discussion thread
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:13 pm

Nice, strong review. Mind if I post this on my site? :p Sorry, just kidding.

Sounds like the older soakers, even for the CPS line, were indeed the real beasts. I can't imagine people complaining that such a small soaker has a 78 oz. reservoir mode; my much larger CPS 4100, on the other hand, still only can carry something like 96 oz. of water.

I'll be able to read the article more thoroughly tomorrow, when I'm not going to get home after 12 hours of school/XC meets. It looks as high-quality as the other Downpour articles so far...

Edited By SilentGuy on 1159409707

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:22 am

Great review! I love my 1000, and I pretty much agree with everything in the review, it's a great all-round gun. Such a shame that Hasbro won't produce something similar these days, but hopefully Water Warriors can come out with something that matches the 1000 in the future.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:41 am

Great review! As it is posted on Downpour, I plan on linking to it as opposed to posting it from the review page on iSoaker.com.

Darn it, wetmonkey442's catching up! :O :goofy: Keep the good reviews flowing!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: