A.R.M. 4000 XL - Aquatic Revenge Machine

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Rook

A.R.M. 4000 XL - Aquatic Revenge Machine

Post by Rook » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Well, I recently won an A.R.M. off of eBay. So, I figured I'd do a review.

Stats:

Class: CPS
Output: ~1.5x
Range: - Level: 25 ft
- Angled: 32-33 ft.
Shot Time: 15 seconds
Pumps: 30
Capacity: Less than 2L
Length: - Grip/Trigger assembly: 7.5 in.
- Forearm: 15.5 in
- Bicep: 11.5 in. (3 in. overlap forearm to make joint)
- Tubing between arm and backpack: 2 ft
- Backpack: 13.5 in.
- Pump shaft: Seems to be about 4 in.

The Arm

The Arm piece is quite solid, and seems to be durable. You flex your arm to pump it. You must first prime it to get all the water out bu pumping until there is only water in the tube. The "biceptor" is held on by one velcro and elastic strap, so the Arm is a little unstable while pumping. You may want to support it with one hand. Also, the ARM gets uncomfortable after prolonged use.

The bicep piece holds a small cylindrical CPS bladder, about 3 in. long. Unfortunately, it is unable to grow in length due to the shape of the casing.

A nice design feature is the gun's ability to adapt to one's size. The trigger/grip area slides back and forth to accomodate for the sice of your arm.

On a side note, the trigger doesn't pull very much (only about half an inch), and it snaps open similarly to a Max-D trigger. I'm not sure what the mechanism is, maybe a pinch valve?

The Backpack

While the gun is good, the backpack is horrible. It is a thick plastic sack (like a pool toy). The cap on the backpack is a pull open, not a twist off. I bent over with it on and got doused with water. Also, the way the backpack hooks up to the ARM is another pain. There is a hole in the cap that you stick a tube down. The tube sits at the bottom of the pack. Unfortunately, this tube likes to get stuck, so you don't get to use all of your water. Also, the tube tends to fall off of the gun if not secured properly. The tube is difficult to remove when not in use.

The backpack is also a hassle to get on and off. The strap for the backpack is a single piece, and goes through a loop of plastic on the pack, so when you try to put it on, the strap on the other side slides through and gets smaller.

Possible mods

-New Backpack
-Collossus
-Nozzle drill
-Reduce tubing along the forearm (may improve lamination)

Pros

-Nice, solid stream
-CPS tech
-Has Backpack
-Adjustable
-Unique design

Cons

-Backpack is a pain
-Not steady when pumping
-Can get uncomfortable

Overall

This is a pretty good gun, it could be better, but it's still good. If you catch it at a good price, you should get it. This gun can probably take on most XPs and smaller CPS. Just be careful around anything as potent as a Max-D 6000 or a CPS 1000.

Side Notes

This gun is from 2002, I think. Also, if you get one new, the backpack is folded up beneath the cardboard.

Anyone has permission to use this, as long as they give me credit.

:soakon2:

Edited By Rook on 1156028590
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

My "broken" Armoury: CPS 4100, XP 55

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:55 pm

Good review! Got pictures of your A.R.M.?

I'm considering adding this review to iSoaker.com. Can you tell me what the copyright year is (a date should be printed somewhere on the unit)?

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:03 pm

The year I used in the review (2002) is the patent year. I don't know what year it actually came out, so I used that. The patent number is 6,325,246 B1 , I think.

I can get some pictures. I might get them in tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Thanks! Go ahead.
My Armoury: Storm 750, CPS 4100, Triple Aggressor, Blazer, SI Flash Flood (Nozzle Drilled), 100 oz. Aquapack, MONSTER X (2002), WW Argon, A.R.M. 4000 XL, MI Defender, MI Helix, Water Weapons Waveblast, CPS 2700

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:05 pm

Woah...that's one thorough and very well-done review. Quite informative, but with a "friendly" tone too. Perhaps this should be in next year's Review contest!

Rook

Post by Rook » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:22 pm

Wow... um, thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think this would be a valid entry. :;):

Well, I have some pics, I'll get some shot pics tomorrow maybe.

"Biceptor" Pressure Chamber

Pump Shaft The pump shaft moves on several pivot points.

Tubing leading to nozzle You can also see the track the adjustable grip runs along.

The whole gun

The backpack

The trigger

The cap on the backpack

Sorry the pics are so fuzzy. My camera isn't all that great. :D

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:46 pm

Cool review. I have one of those. I nearly used it for target practice with a 20guage but I modded the pak with a camelback and it has worked great eversince. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I have been on two camps and two missiontrips so I have been all along the east coast this summer. :cool:
AXE BOMB!!!

Rook

Post by Rook » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Ok. I've got *some* shot pics.

Stream 1

Stream 2

Stream 3

Stream Closeup (It's going left, and it's really close)

Sorry. I'm not used to taking quick pics with one hand. I can get more in tomorrow, it's too dark now.

Spankmeister

Post by Spankmeister » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:36 am

I have this and use it more for a backup blaster....

With some rigging, you should be able to modify the hose that connects the main gun with the backpack to use a newer Super Soaker Max Infusion pack (which I prefer)...

But you hit the nail on the head Rook...not a bad gun...

:soakon2:

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:39 pm

I am posting right now, before I even read this thread, just to say that I stopped to read this entirely because of the name of the device (the ARM part.)
lmao :D

edit: 15 seconds later.... "omg, it's stock?!?"

Edited By LtDan64 on 1156290167
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:28 pm

Review reposted @ iSoaker.com. 'tis about time I stopped slacking off on it! :goofy:

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:50 pm

Looks great! Thanks! :D

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:11 pm

@ Rook: No need to thank me; thank YOU for submitting the review!