Dual wield?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Dual wield?

No
22%
Backups only
26%
Yes, 2 light guns
15%
Yes, 1 light and 1 medium gun
4%
Yes, 2 medium guns
22%
Yes, 1 medium and 1 heavy gun
7%
Yes, 2 heavy guns
4%

Total votes: 27

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Light: Defender and overload sized blasters
Medium: Flash Flood and CPS 2100 sized blasters
Heavy: CPS 2000, 2500, 3000, etc. and Monster X/XL sized blasters.

So far I'm thinking of DW'ing 2 Flash Floods, I'm not a big guy so I wouldn't try it with heavy CPS guns and the FF is the only blaster I can find worth using that isn't rare, though unfortunately, I probably won't be able to flash flood both guns at the same time.

Sorry if this type of poll has been done or if the topic was better fit for another forum.

Edited By C-A_99 on 1153766401
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:11 am

I voted for backups only.

When you carry two weapons, and plan to use both in combat, it's best to have both pumped up. However, it's next to impossible to pump up two heavy guns without stopping and letting go of one. With a small one as a backup on a belt clip or something, it could just stay pressurized. It wouldn't be much of a hassle to carry around, but could still come in handy if the main gun ran out of water or malfunctioned.

Alternatively, if you have two Splashzookas or something similar, i would imagine it would be very easy to carry both as a dual wield, because they don't require pumping.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:02 am

If you're dual wielding, it usually means pistols. If you're using pistols, either you're in a pistols-only fight or your rifle ran out. Your pistol should only ever be used A.For the fun of it or B.To get you to a rifle or a rifle's reload.

I voted for backups.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:56 pm

A bit off topic but I'm wondering, has anyone done fights where you go on bikes and fire at each other? Or do you guys use some motorized vehicles for that type of fighting?

Edited By C-A_99 on 1154044623
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:12 pm

Mixing transportation and waterfighting is a prescription for calamity.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SilentGuy

Post by SilentGuy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:45 am

I voted "none" a few days ago, but decided to post now since none of the "none" people have voted yet...

I'm also of the philosophy that one big rifle is better than one or two small pistols. However, I suppose I could do a backup-type thing in which the two soakers are different in performance strengths and I only use one at a time...

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Its true that one big soaker will outpreform two pistols, but in the right hands the pistol will be just as dangerous. As long as your able to negate your opponates range two pistols are just as good as the one soaker. Personaly I find that in CQC and by that i mean very close quarter combat, a pistol sized blaster is a lot easier to manage then a large soaker. If you have two then that simply means that you can track two targets or hone in one. for example, a couple on months ago I was involved with a soakfest armed with a defender and FF w/strap. the team that was against us had blazers, blastmasters and triple aggressor. Being a soakfest and a hot day I ran into the middle of the fray so my range was equil to that of the blazer and had at it. I'd say it was pretty even, but as long as the two blasters have similar ranges then the battle is pretty much decided by the user.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Striker

Post by Striker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:55 pm

I agree with Dacca. A user with a CPS but no skill at all can be outperformed by a experienced user with 2 FFs and lots ofskill.

Also, two guns adds to the psychological intimidation, which is always useful in a fight.:D

Edited By Striker on 1154116604

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:33 pm

That doesn't make much sense. A Flash Flood is a CPS soaker by the way.

Two guns does not always mean automatic intimidation. Intimidation is one of the most relative of all stats, right up there with weight, style, and practicality. A gun that "scares" one user may cause another to laugh. The more experienced a user is, the less likely that they will be intimidated by any guns, with some exceptions high up in the homemade and artillery categories. Two guns can often be destroyed by one crazy one. And 2 pistols loses to one rifle more often than you would think. Think a pair of Max-Ds being blown away by a 21K with double the range. However, this is simple logic. To the more in depth stuff:

Intimidation is not always a good thing. A smart enemy may feign intimidation, then cut and run. Natually, you will follow-up by chasing them. Suddenly, BOOM! Congratulations, you've just been screwed by the Sprinters' Ambush. :p At least that's what I would do to put some arrogant kid in his place. However, n00bs and young kids tend to run without a plan, so feel free to mow them down with no worries about trick plays.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:52 am

Well there are times when I won't be able to use high power guns (i.e. CPS 2000/2500) and dual wielding lower power guns would help in that case, but DW'ing doesn't have to be limited to small guns, when I used my SC 400 and Flash Flood I was still able to pump the SC 400 while holding onto the FF and vice-versa, though it's probably a better idea to use a clipped gun in reserve but I don't know how to make those. (that fit with the medium sized blasters at least)

Edited By C-A_99 on 1154190001
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

dandoodatrite

Post by dandoodatrite » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:31 pm

well, ya got ur big main daddy and ur medium gun.
ur big gun will need a strap for easy pumping up
and ur small can be used as a sortof "uzi"
so u got bazooka and uzi (only a figure of speech)
Think Different. Think Midget

MIDGETS OWN WATERFIGHTS
they are stealthy :D

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:10 pm

i would say you would only want something you wouldn't need to pump, like if you have your main and a backup squirter you could squirt and then when there is no more in the small one re-pump the big daddy

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:50 am

Meh, squirt gun usage is pure suicide unless you're in an under-cover scouting mission. If I use backups, I would just leave an extra gun with water and pressurized.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

whoever

Post by whoever » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:42 pm

a very small side arm would work, like an Xp 240 or something like that.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:45 pm

Read the Specialization of Sidearms. I have to edit the dual wielding part, but otherwise, that information would be really useful for this topic.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers