really?..... New Super Soaker products

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
TheSoaker

really?..... New Super Soaker products

Post by TheSoaker » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Hey guys. so I went to toys r us a week ago and I found this: Image
super soaker cps 2000......SUPER SOAKER CPS 2000!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!one

atvan

Re: really?.....

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 pm

What does it do?

It probably gets better range, whatever it is. :goofy: :(
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 am

I used to think about making a water rocket with a water balloon in the nose-cone section instead of a balance weight. This is similar, although it has no relation to water warfare at all! yet it has the words Super Soaker. Why Hasbro, WHY???

This could be the evolutionary step between Hasbro water blasters and hair driers.

Squirt gun - Motorised blaster - AP Blaster - CPS Blaster -AP Blaster - Motorised Blaster - Rocket with no way of getting someone wet at all - Hair drier to make someone less wet!

:lol:

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:03 am

atvan wrote:What does it do?

It probably gets better range, whatever it is. :goofy: :(
it's a foam rocket....that you throw I chucked one in the store and it flew i dunno 60 feet?

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:44 am

Uh... Why is it branded as a Super Soaker? Are you supposed to soak it in water and then throw it? Sheesh...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 am

Now if they made a few of these that fit water balloons (is that what it does?) and could be loaded onto a Titan, that would be quite impressive- a few pumps for 60 feet accurately.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 am

Interesting...

Sold on Amazon.com, too.
Throw it and catch it! The Nerf Super Soaker Rocket Darts features a 22 inch foam that floats and flys! Use to launch at your opponent for the ultimate tag team play.
:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

atvan wrote:Now if they made a few of these that fit water balloons (is that what it does?) and could be loaded onto a Titan, that would be quite impressive- a few pumps for 60 feet accurately.
That would be cool, but you could get better distance just by throwing the balloon. :goofy: Lacross sticks work even better, but only if you know how to use them properly.

Unless this rocket has something to do with water, they should have just branded it as a Nerf product. What's next? A Super Soaker football?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 pm

I don't see why everyone is bashing it. It's probably just a Nerf rocket that you can soak in water so it gets you wet when you throw it around. That'd actually be pretty fun.
SEAL wrote:
atvan wrote:Now if they made a few of these that fit water balloons (is that what it does?) and could be loaded onto a Titan, that would be quite impressive- a few pumps for 60 feet accurately.
That would be cool, but you could get better distance just by throwing the balloon. :goofy: Lacross sticks work even better, but only if you know how to use them properly.

Unless this rocket has something to do with water, they should have just branded it as a Nerf product. What's next? A Super Soaker football?
It doesn't matter if you can use a lax stick to throw a balloon further than you can fire a sponge rocket (going with Atvan's idea.) I will take the rocket every time because it's a hell of a lot more acurate. It's like using an atlatl vs a blow dart gun. You can throw a spear much further with an atlatl, but unless you're fighting a large number of massed opponents, you're not going to hit anything.

We talk about using lacross sticks and waterballoon launchers, but what do we actually do with them? I want to challenge the community to make our homemades and launchers more practical, or to at least develop enough skill with them that they actually become useful in combat. Supposedly Stealthviper made several eliminations with his WBL, but I haven't really heard of it happening since.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm

marauder4 wrote:I don't see why everyone is bashing it. It's probably just a Nerf rocket that you can soak in water so it gets you wet when you throw it around. That'd actually be pretty fun.
I agree with the notion, but based on the sort of foam it appears to be made of, I don't believe these Nerf Super Soaker Rocket Darts would be able to hold any significant amount of water to be used to soak (or even just tag) someone.

Seems like an odd, non-soaking Nerf/Super Soaker crossover item.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:10 am

SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:00 am

So we're trolls for asking better preformance, but the NIC is perfectly normal with their obsession with Crossbows and Longshots, and hating on anything new that is harder to mod. :|
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 am

atvan wrote:So we're trolls for asking better preformance, but the NIC is perfectly normal with their obsession with Crossbows and Longshots, and hating on anything new that is harder to mod. :|
I think, as trolls, we need to flood his website with negative comments about the newer guns. Except this mindless drone has to approve your comments before they show up.
If you haven't given the new Super Soaker lineup a shot, they are a lot of fun to use. If you forget about the legendary power of the 90's era Super Soakers and just ignore all the trolls online who hate on this new spin on these water blasters, you'll enjoy them even more.

This is the kinda stuff that really pisses me off. There's nothing I'd like more than to show up to a battle with against these fools welding Thunderstorms and Tornado Strikes.

TheSoaker

Post by TheSoaker » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:25 am

SEAL wrote:

heres your super soaker football Image

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:29 am

oh, boy. lemmie try: what's next, a super soaker My Little Pony figure? :goofy:

this is pretty sad, actually. more sad than the whole "Microburst" fiasco.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Re: really?..... New Super Soaker products

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

About the Nerf Super Soaker Burst
Perfect for tag team in and out of the water! The Nerf Super Soaker Burst - 2-pack is a water bomb that acts as a water reservoir storing water to spray with a ten foot radius when launched. Dunk the Nerf Super Soaker Burst in water and toss!

With simple beginnings forty years ago as an orange foam ball, NERF is not only now a key player in action based performance toys but also transcends the toy aisle as a lifestyle brand for kids and adults alike. Whether its working with some of the most notable athletes of the day, sponsoring the Dew Tour with the NERF DART TAG World Championships or bringing a no-holds barred blaster experience to the video game environment, Hasbro, Inc's NERF brand continues to redefine both the sports and toy world.
... I'm really not sure what to say to this... if I see them, I might pick them up just to shed a little more light on these things, but I ain't gonna hold my breath on these.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

At least these soaker burst/bolt grenade things have some sort of use in water warfare. A 'Super Soaker' foam rocket which can't even hold any water is just pointless.

Interestingly, none of this stuff seems available over here (but then neither do any of the NERF re-release max-d blasters).

Saw your reply M4! :lol:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

The fact that NERF describes itself as a "lifestyle brand" never fails to make me laugh. :D
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:28 pm

I see that I'm the only one here tolerant enough to accept all "lifestyles" :lol:

But seriously, I don't get the hate towards these products. Nerf has always made rockets and footballs, these are just marketed for summer. Super Soaker has always been into gimmicks - see the super soaker cell phone, mr potato head, batman car, wasnt there a robot and a hang gliding man? I think the new water guns are atrocious, but that's the thing, these aren't waterguns, and they aren't meant to be. It's a football, it's meant to throw around and have fun in the summer, it's not supposed to be a water weapon.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't mind some of the gimmicks (some are actually pretty clever as well) and I can see the use in (and the fun, less serious side of) a soaker 'grenade' (not sure it should be called that unless it lands then fires out the water, but whatever :goofy: ). Heck I don't mind a foam rocket! On the contrary, they can be a hell of a lot of fun. We threw one around a campsite last year in between bike rides and before heading back to the military camp. It was a great way to wind down after a hard day.

I can see why the bolt/burst is branded 'Super Soaker', I'm just unsure why they branded the rocket 'Super Soaker' if it has no connection whatsoever, to water fights or water-based play at any level. I mean there's gimmicks and then there's just randomness. :goofy: