(second) Best Air Pressure Gun?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Which is best?

Max D 6000
25%
XP 310
No votes
XXP 275
8%
XP 250
No votes
XP 150
17%
XP Pool Pumper Blaster
50%
Gorgon
No votes
Vanquisher
No votes
Colossus
No votes
Sphynx
No votes

Total votes: 12

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

(second) Best Air Pressure Gun?

Post by marauder » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 pm

In other words, aside from the 300, what is the best air pressure gun, and why?

Vote in the poll!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: (second) Best Air Pressure Gun?

Post by SEAL » Fri May 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I assume you mean the Ultimate Vanquisher; the original Vanquisher (the one my brother has.) is CPS.

I haven't had experience with any of them other than the 6000 and the original Vanquisher, so I will try to use powers of deduction.

MD 6000: Very good, I love it.
XP 310: Had one once, but the reservoir cracked and I threw it away. I heard it's not as powerful as the 6K, but is more reliable.
XXP 275: From what I've seen of Scott's, it's awkward to use and not powerful enough to make up for it.
XP 250: I imagine it's similar to the 275, but it might be more powerful.
XP 150: Heard it's very good for tap-shots, but I've never used one.
XP Pool Pumper Blaster: I've heard it's almost as powerful as the 300. Is that true? In that case it would have my vote, assuming you backpack modded it or something.
Gorgon: Powerful, but looks more bulky than the 6K. I may buy one for the war, but probably not.
Ultimate Vanquisher: Only used the original, which I don't like as much as the 6K, and I heard the Ultimate version was less powerful.
Colossus: I'd really need to use this before I decide. It looks good, but some have said it's a little underpowered.
Sphynx: I think it's more powerful than the Colossus, but looks more unwieldy.

So it probably comes down to either the 6000, Pool Pumper, or one of the new Water Warriors. I'd really need to use most of them before I decide, but for now I'll just vote for the 6000 I guess.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 pm

6000, Gorgon, Pool Pumper, 3000, are all candidates. 310 definitely not as powerful as the 6k. Not sure about 150, 275, 250, but I'd say 150 probably has its great reputation for a reason.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri May 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Probably the pool pumper, but not sure if you mean in general or stock.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat May 12, 2012 4:35 am

I just mean in general. You can add a backpack to a Pool Pumper or drill out a nozzle on another gun or whatever. The 250, from what I can remember, is pretty powerful. Maybe as powerful as the 6000, but maybe not quite that much. It definitely shoots out more water. Scott's 275 didn't overly impress me, but I wasn't underwhelmed either, I would be cautious about taking on a 275 with another ap gun, but not afraid. Will definitely have to learn about more of these. Hopefully people bring them to the war and we can use them in an air pressure only round.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat May 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I haven't shot it outdoors yet, but my 250 seems like it's significantly more powerful than a 6000, which makes sense given the PC size.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun May 13, 2012 8:54 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the 250 is more powerful than the 275 considering water is only going out of 1 nozzle and the PCs are bigger.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun May 13, 2012 10:10 am

I only own one of these guns, the XP 150, and it's a fantastic gun. It can rival small scale CPS and is better than most of these guns.

The Pool Pumper, when modded, is the best without a doubt. It's an air pressure CPS 3000, possibly with even more capacity. Better than XP 150

The Max D 6000 is very good to, I want to buy one these sometime. The Max D trigger can worry, but I have plenty of those dental rubbers bands since I have braces so the Max D trigger isn't a concern. Better than XP 150

The 250, while powerful, would be to awkward for my liking. XP 150 is tied

The XP 310 seems fine except for the bad nozzle selection and the slightly lower range. XP 150 is better

The Gorgon seems pretty good to. It had loads of capacity and good range. XP 150 is tied

The other three WW guns on here are decent, but not really that great. XP 150 is better than all 3 of these

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun May 13, 2012 1:40 pm

LPD. After this.

:goofy: Hey, you never said stock manufactured…
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple