Why CPS

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Why CPS

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 01, 2012 8:25 pm

I know that CPS is the best, I guess we all know that but lets see how many reasons we can think of.

I will post the good ones to the Nerf Page on FB
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

martianshark

Re: Why CPS

Post by martianshark » Tue May 01, 2012 8:52 pm

They're incredibly powerful and awesome and can easily be power modded.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Take far less space than air pressure for a given PC capacity and constant pressure, setup optimized for maximum laminar stream performance since PC goes directly to valve with no turns. Doesn't have to be pre-pressurized with air like air pressure does. Lastly, it just plain works. No troublesome stress points like spring-based PC's, no leakage problems like anything with a piston, etc.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

I think only AP soakers that actually competed with CPS series in terms of output are:
SS300, XP250, XP Pool Pumper, XXP275, STE Triple Shot (on 5X), AP Gorgon, PLUS Shot-gun mode XP

Common Observation
1. They all have very large nozzles (3X+)
2. They all have very large PC or PR reservoir
3. They all have very short firing time
I want to get hold of those

Anyways I like high-power AP for some purpose because they do not require as much maintenance as CPS (never worry about rubber getting old).

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 02, 2012 2:15 pm

I've tried a shottied XP 310 before; horrendously disappointing results. Not quite as bad as if you did the same with the BBT's, but the range and usefulness of it are next to none IMO.

The reason AP's are rarely competitive with CPS's are cost and size. Higher capacity and performance AP's exponentially cost more to produce and not to mention require a lot of pre-pumping. IMO, CPS does its best at fulfilling this niche of blasting, but once you start looking at the extreme end (powerful to the point where hand pumps are impractical), air pressure starts to take over again. Think SuperCannon II.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat