BIG VOTE FOR LARAMI COMEBACK - you want the better supersoakers back?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
dandoodatrite

Post by dandoodatrite » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Dont you dudes miss the awesome ranges of XP and CPS etc.? Im creating a petition to send to Hasbro consumer affairs e-mail to bring back the better soakers and bring bakc the larami team only devoted to the super soakers, not a whole toy section.

Simple state your name, once and if you want leave a comment!
Think Different. Think Midget

MIDGETS OWN WATERFIGHTS
they are stealthy :D

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm

Thats alreday has been done in 2003, 2004,2005 and earlier this year. :;):

Petition is not going to work, since the crap shoots they sell now sell extremly well in retail. Mass consumers are just simply that deficient. plus the old larimi team is already fired. Hasbro won't rehire them since that would cost millions in production time and paper work. Also, hasbro cators now to specific large retailers, who have certain set retail guide lines in shelf space. larimi soakers are not coming back in retail.

The only one who care about the old larimi line is us, and we make up 0.000...1% of the consumer market.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm

sorry, doublepost.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1154305570

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:29 pm

tell you the truth, i'll hold that thought and see tommorow if there is any people. true, a petition will work, but then again hasbro is hasbro... and we are 0.0whatever zoccoz said. however, if u can get the whole isoaker to do this, then we will have a huge chance. we can also get supersoakercentral to help us in this, because i don't have a cps (i'm kind of young), and i would like to bring larami back and running:D

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:30 pm

double post (flood control was on and i edited after clicking)

:bm1000: :wb2:

Edited By Soaker NoOb on 1154305900

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Several Petitions have been made, and none of them have worked, and none of them will work. I myself wrote to them, and all I got was an automated email responce.

If you are looking for better guns, look towards Buzz Bee. They listen to us. Infact the owner (or creator, president, CEO...whatever) is a member on these forums. Big Bee gets ideas from us and uses it for his guns. They use a system that is similar to CPS technology. If you want better guns, talk to him. Hasbro and the Super Soaker Line... is lost for now. Maybe in a couple years we'll see bigger guns again. But we will probably have no influence on them.

I like the enthusiasm, but it won't work.
Soaker Media
-[color=E9E9E9]Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci[/color]-

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:45 pm

It will not work!!! I am sorry but I am sure that it will do nothing. Hasbro would like to make big guns but, they would not sell. People have tried to do this before and it has not worked. They have even boycotted Hasbro and that did not work. I have also written to Hasbro(by hand) and that did not work.

Edited By forestfighter7 on 1154307000
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:50 pm

anyway, a good site about lonnie (i think ceo of larami) is http://inventors.about.com/gi....te=http

83-1154123461

Post by 83-1154123461 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:51 pm

anyway, if we can i will post where we can contact the old larami team.:)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:21 pm

These new guys crack me up. It's like I need to be reminded that the current water guns are bad every month. Reminders to try a petition are funny too. I've heard it all, from writing campaigns, to boycotts, to petitions, to even spam attacks.

Some of the old Larami team still works for Hasbro. Some of the old Larami team works for Buzz Bee Toys. Some of the old Larami team is dead (and may they rest in peace). Some of the old Larami team doesn't work on water guns anymore. Contacting these people wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Petitions won't work. Contacting Lonnie won't do anything (and good luck on finding a contact address). He's not even the CEO. The only thing that will work is to make good water guns profitable for stores. That would involve raising the price.

Big water guns take up shelf space. Therefore, they can only fit so many. Meanwhile, smaller water guns sell better and take up less shelf space. That's a double whammy against bigger water guns.

If you want better water guns, you don't have too many options. You could try eBay or other second-hand places. You could buy a current one and either be happy with what you have or modify it. You could also build your own water gun, which will give you better performance than anything. I'll admit that building your own water gun is not for everyone.

You also could suggest ideas to Big Bee, a member here. He is the CEO of Buzz Bee Toys and takes our opinions as valuable. However, he still has to make a profit, so he can't make everything we suggest.

Oh, and for those who think that getting all of the forum to sign the petition will give you a better chance, you must realize that millions of people buy Super Soakers every year. We're at most a few thousand from them. That's absolutely nothing.

Edited By Ben_ on 1154309108

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:50 pm

As one of the former vocal grandstanders about this subject, I can say concretely that a petition won't work. Use common sense! The market is denying us larger guns and the companies have no power over the market. If big guns take up shelf space and don't sell well, then they won't make said guns. It's like a trip back to elementary logic here. When market conditions change, we will get our powerful guns back. Until then, all forms of legal citizen protest will do nothing. Case closed [again]. *The court is now adjourned*
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers