Blazer vs. Flash Flood - Which do you prefer?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Blazer vs. Flash Flood - Which do you prefer?

Blazer
47%
Flash Flood
45%
Other
8%

Total votes: 38

iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Sat May 20, 2006 3:44 pm

while i dont participate in 'serious' water wars like most of you guys, i find the flash flood's stream to be adequate with decent range... but the riot blast is really fun for randomly ambush-soaking people that come to my door, scaring small animals, etc...

use it as a shotgun, and not as an assault rifle... !

... also the blazer is really, REALLY, ugly looking.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat May 20, 2006 5:21 pm

While I agree that current soakers are butt-ugly, the Flash Flood is no exeption. There are Nerf Guns right now that look less like Nerf than the Flash Flood does.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun May 28, 2006 9:27 am

I must say, after having now owned both a Blazer and a FF, that the Blazer is much better. The FF nozzle is, while pretty darn soaking, not terribly useful, and the main stream, which is about 1x, isn't useful either. On the other hand, the 2006 Blazer's second-largest stream is very useful and effective, and the largest stream nozzle is useful if you want to soak someone from not as far away. The Blazer has a very large PC (I almost never run out of pressure) and a reasonable-sized water tank (2L).
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Sun May 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Hm... Well, I've tried both, and I'm much more comfortable with the flash flood (with an aquapack). I like it a lot more than the blazer... However, after reading replies to this topic, I feel as if I'm in a minority...
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:01 am

Hannibal wrote:. Amazon is your best choice, if you're willing to buy there.

i fuond one at toys r us for fifteen dollers whic is cheaper than amazon i didn't but these but there was a max d 5000 two pack

Edited By kylemw9 on 1150117325

xfactor8

Post by xfactor8 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10 pm

[color=#000000000]How would a collosus modded FF compare to a stock Blazer and/or a stock CPS 4100?

I want to buy a new soaker and I think these are my best choices. (I had a 4100 but the trigger broke :( )

I've never used nor seen in action (except on the super soaker commercial) the FF or blazer.[/color]

Edited By xfactor8 on 1150737122
Are you gellin'?
Y do U soak?
1 m 4 1337 pwn0r

avis

Post by avis » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:27 pm

My 4100 trigger broke too. It's not much trouble to fix though. I little waterproof glue should do it. Actually, just to be safe, a lot.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:56 pm

back to the classification discussion, by ways of real world classification i would put the blazer as a rifle while the FF is more of an SMG then a pistol. the FF is larger then most pistols, has a better range (for the most part) then a liquidator but is also more practical then most pistols. if i were to compair these soakers to real guns (simply for classification reasons) the FF would compair most to a HKMP5. sure its an oversized pistol, but it's practiacal, powerful and surves its purpose while at the same time lacks the power of a true rifle. While the blazer is better overall, the FF still has its place in a waterfight. sadly this place is still being determined.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Personally, I would say both are about even. I have both (My Aqua Pak broke, so i got money back and got myself probably the last blazer @ my local wal-mart), and must say that the blazer has a longer shot, is larger and can shoot for longer than the FF. I am not biased here, I am just stating the truth about the two. Although the Flash Flood has a larger output, right after you do that spray, you have to re-pump it, unlike the blazer, which you can actually use the high stream for a while before the re-pumping. In my opinion, the blazer is the better, but if you consider size, etc., I would say that they are both about equal (no matter what anyone else says, my opinion will not change)
How would a collosus modded FF compare to a stock Blazer and/or a stock CPS 4100?

This depends a good deal on whether the FF has been CVF'd or not. If it is a good non-CVF'd colossus, it might be pretty good, just harder to pump (we did this to my friend's gun). The gun might shoot about as far as a blazer, if not further. If it is CVF'd well, without any leaks, and you have a 5 layer colossus, the gun would be hard to pump, and would probably own the blazer and the CPS 4100 hands down.
I must say, after having now owned both a Blazer and a FF, that the Blazer is much better. The FF nozzle is, while pretty darn soaking, not terribly useful, and the main stream, which is about 1x, isn't useful either. On the other hand, the 2006 Blazer's second-largest stream is very useful and effective, and the largest stream nozzle is useful if you want to soak someone from not as far away. The Blazer has a very large PC (I almost never run out of pressure) and a reasonable-sized water tank (2L).

I totally agree with you. The Blazer, if you keep up a steady but slow pumping, you won't run out of pressure until the resevoir runs out of water (The blazer completely empties the resevoir, unlike the FF). The choices of nozzles is good too. I think that BBT made a good modification to the blazer when they added the fan spray and the drenching stream. I like the blazer, it could be used as a sidearm or a primary weapon, due to the strap. The blazer is a nice gun and is quite comfy compoared to the FF. Overall, I would say the Blazer is better, but some people may beg to differ.

Edited By Croc on 1150749025