Vaporizer - a good reliable gun

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
supersoaker

Vaporizer - a good reliable gun

Post by supersoaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:16 pm

In this review I will be reviewing the Vaporizer.

Well, this is an older gun that's being re-released with a green and blue color scheme. I picked it up today for
7$ CDN I thought; Why not? This is a reliable blaster, a good backup it's light, shoots about 25 feet my only complaint is about the lack of an actual trigger, with this gun you just pump and it shoots as you pump. But I'd say that's okay for 7$ I was suprised to learn it holds 1L of water! It doesn't have CPS though, and comes 2 yep 2 whole soaker tag elite targets! I don't understand why people hate them so much, I got 200 of them for 3$ CDN at shoppers drug mart. Well back to the soaker Its' stream is about the size of the arctic shock and has about the same soaking power. The pump is comparitivly hard to pump but that's ok.

Pros:
7$, 1L of water, nice color design and shoots 25 feet (I know that's not great but it's good for 7$!)

Cons:
No CPS,Small and can get hard to pump.

Vaporizer 7/10 :soakon2: :soakon:

Link to primary Super Soaker Vaporizer discussion thread
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:15 pm

7$, 1L of water, nice color design and shoots 25 feet (I know that's not great but it's good for 7$!)

$7 [US] can get you a CPS 2100...

One of the reasons people don't like soaker tags is because they can stain your clothing, another being that they can only be used once. :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:23 pm

Duxburian wrote:

$7 [US] can get you a CPS 2100...
You always get the best and we get the expensive stuff.... :soaked:

hehe...

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:07 pm

Funny, there is no CPS 2100 for $7 here. Good review. I don't have any cons about mine, other than no strap.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:22 pm

Stuff up in Canada is really about the same as in the US. I got my Vaporizer for $4 USD. Whats unfair is that CPS 4100s and Monster Xs are still available online in Canada :O

As for the reveiw, it is to the point, though I don't think you should complain that its not CPS when its a piston soaker.
ownage

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:00 pm

CPS 4100 is at Toys r us I plan on buying one, stuff here isn't the same proce 20$ guns are 30$ here, thats 8 bucks! And also we don't even have all or nearly all the stuff you have. :angry:

hehe...

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:50 pm

Americn dollars are worth more than Canadian dollars though, remember, though I don't remember the exchange rate exactly I remember that the prices are about the same when converted. I'm not sure how you got that the difference between $20 and $30 is eight, though.
ownage

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:13 am

currently the exchange rate is 70-80% so somethig like 1.20 CDN is 1$ american 1.20 x 20= something like 22-25 dollars so you get it 5$ or more cheeper, that's why I make frequent trips to the USA :)

hehe...

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:40 pm

Oh, right. But thats still a better deal than in the UK, where it is often the same amount of British pounds as US dollars :p
ownage

JJJJJJ272

Post by JJJJJJ272 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:10 am

my friend had one, i tried it out. it seemed ok for very small skirmishes, but not much else. it would be difficult to use as side arm or backup, as it is hard to carry a big cube of plastic while you are shooting another blaster. and yes it is basically a big cube of plastic.
:bm1000: :bm2700: :cps3000: :bmhelix: :blazer:
:flashflood: :cps2500: :soakthemall: :surprise:

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:55 pm

supersoaker wrote:In this review I will be reviewing the Vaporizer.

Well, this is an older gun that's being re-released with a green and blue color scheme. I picked it up today for
7$ CDN I thought; Why not? This is a reliable blaster, a good backup it's light, shoots about 25 feet my only complaint is about the lack of an actual trigger, with this gun you just pump and it shoots as you pump. But I'd say that's okay for 7$ I was suprised to learn it holds 1L of water! It doesn't have CPS though, and comes 2 yep 2 whole soaker tag elite targets! I don't understand why people hate them so much, I got 200 of them for 3$ CDN at shoppers drug mart. Well back to the soaker Its' stream is about the size of the arctic shock and has about the same soaking power. The pump is comparitivly hard to pump but that's ok.

Pros:

Cons:
No CPS,Small and can get hard to pump.

Vaporizer 7/10 :soakon2: :soakon:
i would'nt want a backup blaster that requires 2 hands personally, and Piston pressure guns can't have CPS, because they don't even have seaparate pressure chambers. also i don't mind the soakertag targets other than they are too small and get covered up by opponent's limbs a lot. i tried my friend's vaporizer and it only got about 20 feet when pumped it as hard as possible (no i did'nt measure) but the good thing is you only spent 7 bucks on it
-The Wizard of Water

aphemushroom

Post by aphemushroom » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:42 pm

Hey, $7 for a super soaker is not much compared to other guns out there, but still it's worth using. I think that the Vaporizer is worth that much.
Just be a mushroom. Not a duck, not a chicken, not anything. Just a mushroom. You are still reading this right?

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:17 pm

I thought we were supposed to be talking about the Vaporizer!

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:50 pm

The topic ended up back to the Vaporizer, so what was your point? And if you are going to bring back a topic that is nearing 8 months old, please make the post of value. :;):

Edited By Duxburian on 1138921306
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Super Soaker Vaporizer

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:08 am

Super Soaker Vaporizer Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Super Soaker Vaporizer

Post by SEAL » Mon May 10, 2010 8:51 am

Just a basic piston blaster. I have 2 of them. I wouldn't really recommend this, except for small skirmishes.(The only kind of fighting that I ever do... :( )
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

From videos that I've seen, this looks terrible even for a piston blaster. Piston guns like the Shark are way more awesome, and things like the the Bottle Shot are good too.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ncog

Post by ncog » Wed May 12, 2010 4:42 am

Ergonomically it's good and for a piston blaster it does the job well, but the Shark has a comparable stream, a pump that's easier to use and is much cheaper. Even so, I'll still give it a Yay as it's the best basic piston soaker by Hasbro I've used (better than the Quick Blast/Bottle Shot). It also doesn't leak like the Shark does which is another benefit.