Most Underrated weapons - Yout opinion?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
sneakysniper

Post by sneakysniper » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:37 am

My aresenal includes a Krypton and a Powersurge 2500 from Wild Water Weapons released in 1999. Honestly, I think these weapons can do some major soakage, but no one really talks about them. I was just wondering people's opinions on these guns and/or what some considered the most underrated soakers. As a new member, I am trying to gather as much information as possible.

Subtitle should read "Your opinion?"

Edited By sneakysniper on 1152560887

Drenchenator
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:32 pm

There are several underrated soakers, especially in the XP series. The XP 150 and 250 are both excellent soakers that people tend to overlook as good. Also, both XXP soakers (XXP 175 and XXP 275) are also quite good.

However, I think that the most underrated soaker is the SS 300 from the Classic series. This soaker gets overlooked (on eBay and other places) so many times because it is not CPS and does not have a trigger. People assume that since it's from the classic series, it's total crap. But actually, I think that it is the best soaker that I own.

First of all, it is well-known that the Monster XL is the "biggest" soaker (and probably the most overrated). But, it turns out the SS 300 has twice the pump volume (80 mL to 35 mL) and a greater pressure chamber volume (1500 mL to 1270 mL). Also, the Monster XL has horrible range while the SS 300 can easily get 50 feet (in fact, Ben and I did a statistical test, and on average it shoots 50 feet, though it can shoot farther sometimes). The SS 300 is the size of an average CPS soaker as well.

Some people do say that the backpack is heavy and uncomfortable, but I happen to have no probably with it. Also, some complain that it lacks multiple nozzles. But most could agree that its massive 8L capacity and 1.5L pressure chambers are very good.

I can't imagine how well the SS 300 performed back in the day of the classic soakers. It's nozzle is rated at about 6X, while most other soakers were 1X or less, and its range is twice the original SS 50's. When I originally bought my SS 300, I noticed that the box said "Shoots up to 50 feet" and "The Ultimate Water Gun Experience". After a while, I started to believe those quotes.

People should really started looking at the old XP soakers, because many are actually very good. A Super Soaker does not have to be CPS to be good.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:37 pm

sneakysniper wrote:My aresenal includes a Krypton and a Powersurge 2500 from Wild Water Weapons released in 1999. Honestly, I think these weapons can do some major soakage, but no one really talks about them. I was just wondering people's opinions on these guns and/or what some considered the most underrated soakers. As a new member, I am trying to gather as much information as possible.

Subtitle should read "Your opinion?"
Nice to see there is another Speedloader user outthere. I have the Poswersugre 2500 aswell. Feel free to submit a review of your shot tests to my Speedloader website:

http://www.geocities.com/speedloaderwatergun/

Nowdays, I think its the classics that are underated by most. The SS300 definatly, and so is the SS100. Many don't know that if you have one of the later SS100 versions that are more rebust, you already surpassed current airpressure standards in power and performance. The SS100 PC drawafes current Air Pressure models.

X-Streams pump cannons also get a bad rep, eventhough they are state of the art in pistons making SS and WW pistons look like crap.

sneakysniper

Post by sneakysniper » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:55 pm

ZOCCOZ, I love my Powersurge 2500, and I think that it's almost as good as it gets. I almost got my hands on a second through ebay recently, but was outbid at the last second. I would love to submit a review, just tell me how I go about it.

Any other underrated soakers out there?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:00 pm

Underrated soakers... The Queen Amidala pistol is definitely underrated. The SC600 gets massively long shot time, which you don't hear about at all. Any Storm guns. One of the most underrated is probably the Monster/X. You never hear anything about that, ever. Great gun though.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:49 pm

I still love my hornet. i believe that pistols such as the hornet and liquidator are very udnerrated. even if they tend to have poor encumbrence, shot times and resiviours, having a pistol of it's size to shoot about 30 feet is quite handy. seeing as the hornet has a belt clip (not a very good one, but one none the less) and once can be made easily for other pistols, they make great backups or last ditch weapons.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 am

The SC600 gets massively long shot time, which you don't hear about at all.

That's true. The SC 500 also doesn't get much press - perhaps because it's not so common - but it's a great weapon for its size.

Any Storm guns.

They can be good, but not universally.

I'd also to this list add the XXP 275 - it's got excellent power, great nozzle selections, and is twin-barrelled. Yet, again, it's not really recognised for what it is.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:01 pm

sneakysniper wrote:ZOCCOZ, I love my Powersurge 2500, and I think that it's almost as good as it gets. I almost got my hands on a second through ebay recently, but was outbid at the last second. I would love to submit a review, just tell me how I go about it.

Any other underrated soakers out there?
The review can be written however you like. But perhaps some stats would be also nice like shot time and output.

Just feel free to post the review here:
Speedloader Review site thread