Water Guns You Didn't Like at First but Now Love

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Water Guns You Didn't Like at First but Now Love

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 am

XP 270 Thought it was very lame when it first came out, but I think it's pretty good in hindsight, not to mention, it was a good deal at just $8 when it came out.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Re: Water Guns You Didn't Like at First but Now Love

Post by isoaker » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am

hehe.. I like the subject of this thread (@M4: I tweaked the title slightly, though).

As for me, this may be surprising, but I actually didn't like the XP215 at first. I looked at it in comparison to blasters like the CPS1000 and CPS1500 and even XP310 and asked myself, "Even as a back-up, why should I even bother with such a small side-arm?" Then, a couple of days later, I realized it fit perfectly into one of my jacket pockets allowing me to carry around a water blaster basically 24/7. These days, you may notice a few pictures around that include my XP215s in them. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:18 pm

I'd say the WW Tigershark. Upon first picking it up, I was underwhelmed by the lack of true CPS power, the poorly designed trigger grip area, and the cheap construction. After awhile I found that the reliable performance, thick stream size, and comfortable pump more than made up for any shortcomings. Now it's one of my favorite blasters.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:51 pm

There aren't really any blasters that I didn't like at first. If I dislike a blaster from the start, I'll always dislike it. :goofy:

However, there are plenty of blasters that I used to like, but now I don't like them so much. For example, the Arctic Blast, XP 220, [Aquashock] Secret Strike, Helix, and my APH...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

I don't like the 220 either. For some reason, the 20 just feels a lot better to me. So is my Goblin, and the Max D 2000 I saw used at the 2011 war.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

I would go with my 2700 that I didn't realize was broken until after it arrived from eBay. Somebody accidentally shotgunned it. Tehe, It is basically what the HC could have been. :goofy:
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:45 pm

I didn't like the Equalizer at first. It took me a while to realize how awesome it was. Same thing with the Vanquisher.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I am a lot like Seal - if it's not love at first sight, it probably never will be. However, I'd have to go with the MI Defender here. Looked like crap, but turned out to be one of the best pistols relative to size. The weird thing is that they are all GONE. I haven't seen one on Ebay or Craiglist or at yard sales or thrift stores or at wars. They are just gone.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm with SEAL, generally, if I don't like a blaster, I will never like it. On most cases this is true (though I did like my Arctic Blast a bit more after my Flash Flood broke) Such as my 3200, big, heavy, and has only one nozzle: big. Sort of like atvan, some one shotgunned it, though since I found it in a trash can I can't complain too much. Other guns I used to like and now do not like as much, like my Helix (anyone notice my avatar change?), though I still like the gun, I can't love it the way I used to now that I have guns to arm my friends with other then Flash Floods and even junkier Hasbro guns (they clobber me). I guess it is just that I know I have a good gun when I first hold it, but if I get a better gun then it no longer seams as good. But if you have a bad gun, nothing is ever going to make you think it is good. (though if WW goes under, all those people with Scatter Blasts might start liking them) Lets hope that never happens.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

I think isoaker changed the title from like to love, which is a better subject. However, I don't love the XP 270. I like it. It's a lot of fun and it's decent enough to use if there aren't a lot of big guns around, but I still think I'd choose my XP 110 over it.

Jeffman3

Post by Jeffman3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Arctic Shock. Yeah, yeah... Everyone hates 'em for the small pump and PC. I can still coax some impressive ranges out of mine. Shot times are a bit short but it does soak fairly well.

I like the balance of it- it's weighted similarly to my (real) carry weapon, the good ol' Smith & Wesson 1911 Police variant... And the grip feels similar to the FN Herstal 5.7 handgun.

It's not the best soaker but it feels nice in my hand- that's enough to make me like it...

I liked my HC from day one. I brought it home and immediately knew if had potential.

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:12 am

When I was younger, I only bought piston blasters because I didn't like air blasters!

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 pm

the Hydroblitz. that heaping mound of poorly-organized plastic grew on me faster than a foot fungus :goofy:

wish mind hadn't broke 2 years ago... i had some great ideas for that thing.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 pm

What broke on it? Do you still have it?

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:45 pm

the flimsy handle/pump. note to those who like their HB's: it is just as important you don't drop a HB as it is that you don't drop a baby. a severely overweight blue baby :goofy: if i do get one for a decent price, before my "plans" carry out, first things first: SUPER REINFORCEMENT PLAN DELTA-6! :goofy:

Oh, and no, i no longer have it. i lost hope in saving it about a month after it broke.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:05 pm

There was a really nice bladder in it. You should have at least kept that.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Same thing broke on my Hydroblitz (no I don't have it, that was back before I even knew water guns had screws to take them apart :goofy: ), I never even dropped it, the pump just failed one day! I E-mailed Hasbro about it, did you know they have a policy where you can just say, "my gun broke," and tell them a little about it and they will send you another one? You don't even have to send the broken gun back! Any way, I was really mad, they said that they no longer had the Hydroblitz and so they sent me a pre-max infusion Flash Flood (broke after two months), an Overloard (already broken), and a Secret strike. Hasbro is funny sometimes, you can do the same thing with Nerf guns, makes me wonder how many people say a gun broke just to get a free one?
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 pm

I forgot how my HydroBlitz broke, but I'm pretty sure it was the pump.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:58 pm

DX wrote:I am a lot like Seal - if it's not love at first sight, it probably never will be. However, I'd have to go with the MI Defender here. Looked like crap, but turned out to be one of the best pistols relative to size. The weird thing is that they are all GONE. I haven't seen one on Ebay or Craiglist or at yard sales or thrift stores or at wars. They are just gone.
Makes me wish I picked them up during my n00b year when getting into WW in 2006. Instead, I was too busy learning, learning to repair, and obsessing over the orange MI Flash Flood lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Believe it or not I didn't like my Gorgon much when I got it, now it's one of my favorite guns ever
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: