What would you like to see on new Super Soakers? - It dosen't have to be realistic.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Stencil

Post by Stencil » Wed May 24, 2006 11:05 am

What would you like to see on the Super Soakers of the future?

My friend wants the return of pressure gauges.

???

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed May 24, 2006 11:14 am

Specialization. Big Bee has shown us a step in the right direction with his shotgun soaker, now we need something a little more powerful and a little less pastel. Longer ranges would be good too. And a solid, unbreakable pistol, a la the Storm 750, perhaps QFD only.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Wed May 24, 2006 12:24 pm

You mean like scenario guns?

Made for purposes?

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed May 24, 2006 1:51 pm

with each new series of blasters, i like the current trend. this seems to be a stock regualr soaker and the other be more specialized (i agree with with adrian). The SS lineup for example we had the defender as the regual stock soaker and the others had their own unique feature. The riot blast on the FF, the artic core on the artic blast, the tankerness of the overlaod and so on. in the future i would like to see the same trend, only an improvement of the special features. and also as tech gets better i would assume that range and shot time would increase (at least you'd think it would).
more reliable then a max-D trigger

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Wed May 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Arctic is spelled arctic because it's c-c-old there :p

I'd like to water balloon launchers, same as last year (not on new soakers, NEW stuff)
:flashflood: :soaked:

hehe...
You don't want supersoaker as your enemy!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Wed May 24, 2006 3:59 pm

I would like to see a remake of the old soakers, like an aniversary type thing, but this is not likely because of the lack of a major aniversary anytime soon.(I think)
:soakon:

iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Thu May 25, 2006 4:46 am

an rpg style water balloon launcher that can go over 50 ft

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 25, 2006 6:29 am

Why would you buy a water balloon launcher that can only shoot 50ft? Not only do most water balloon launchers have ranges over 400ft, but they also make extremely poor close-quarters weapons.

I would like to see continued specialization, but more power behind the guns. And, like always, higher ranges. Higher ranges = break the 4-year- soaker boycott.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu May 25, 2006 7:00 am

Duxburian wrote:Why would you buy a water balloon launcher that can only shoot 50ft? Not only do most water balloon launchers have ranges over 400ft, but they also make extremely poor close-quarters weapons.
A not-too-hard firing water balloon launcher firing 50'-75' would allow it to be used in CQC. While notably short compared to the bigger ones out there, there's still a different sensation being hit by a balloon versus being hit by a stream.

More specialized roles for some soakers would be great. The idea of a soaker-kit is something that'd be nice to see, too (some sort of modular-type soaker with swappable/up-gradable parts *each sold separately, batteries not included/needed, limited time offer, buy NOW and we'll throw in a [insert company name] towel, absolutely free!!! ALL FOR THE 3 PAYMENTS of $19.99!!!* errr... :goofy:

Infomercial aside, I foresee some interesting developments in the coming future of stock water weaponry.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Thu May 25, 2006 9:16 am

You mean a "Build your own Soaker!" pack?

"Upgrades availiable at all good toy stores!"

Edited By Stencil on 1148566703

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 6:05 pm

Battery-powered "Chaingun" soakers would be nice. Rechargeable ones.
I'd also like more specialized weapons, for example, a sniper rifle that has long range, a laser sight, perhaps some sort of scope would be nice... You know. Those kinds of guns. And a waterballoon launcher that you could load several balloons into. As a kind of artillery support weapon. Perhaps in the form of a shoulder-mounted cannon? Mmm... Science-Fiction-y...
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Fri May 26, 2006 9:50 pm

thats what a college education will get you: the inability to spell actric. anyways, seeing as how everything we're saying is theoretical, how about a WBL with a rotating clip.

clip like this

im sure if this could be used it would be pretty handy in battle. i know itd be chuck full of problems to make, but hey, thats why w're talking about it.

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 26, 2006 10:03 pm

And a waterballoon launcher that you could load several balloons into. As a kind of artillery support weapon. Perhaps in the form of a shoulder-mounted cannon? Mmm... Science-Fiction-y...

We already have those. Companies would never make something with that much raw power [think safety standards] but individuals/teams make great use of the ones available and make new designs quite often.

I personally could never support battery-powered soakers. I almost like pumping-it's part of the game. If something does the hard work for you, how will you ever get better?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Fri May 26, 2006 11:45 pm

@Duxburian: I see your point. Unfortunately, the companies would want to make something as powerful as possible so more kids will go get it... That means no balancing so that you have to sacrifice range or ammunition for battery power. They already have some battery-powered soakers, just nothing similar to a chaingun.
As for the shoulder-mounted waterballoon launchers... I know that they would never produce anything like that, but the title does say that it doesn't have to make sense. Link me to some of the existing ones if you can, please. I'd like to see them.

Edited By Maddermadcat on 1148705167

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Sat May 27, 2006 3:46 am

thats what a college education will get you: the inability to spell actric. anyways, seeing as how everything we're saying is theoretical, how about a WBL with a rotating clip.

clip like this

Dude, that's a grenade launcher.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat May 27, 2006 10:06 am

dude, i know. but i mean a wbl basted on that design.

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Sat May 27, 2006 10:24 am

isoaker_com wrote:More specialized roles for some soakers would be great. The idea of a soaker-kit is something that'd be nice to see, too (some sort of modular-type soaker with swappable/up-gradable parts *each sold separately, batteries not included/needed, limited time offer, buy NOW and we'll throw in a [insert company name] towel, absolutely free!!! ALL FOR THE 3 PAYMENTS of $19.99!!!* errr... :goofy:

Infomercial aside, I foresee some interesting developments in the coming future of stock water weaponry.

:cool:
Wow, I'd really love to see Chuck Norris selling one of those on an infomercial.... ^_^

I'm not sure how feasable the whole interchangable parts would be. I might be completely wrong, but I don't really see there being that much to customize out of stock parts. I'm guessing that hard-cores would still mod the parts to their own desires while those who dont want to mod would just take the most powerful pieces and throw them together. I'm usually wrong about these things though....

Personally, I'd like it if companies put out guns that encouraged/easily allowed people to mod them. Personally, it's a real pain in the &%$ opening up some of the newer Super Soakers without breaking something important or mutilitang the casing. It's probably just that I'm awful as a craftsman in general, but I think that easily modable guns would both appease old timers and encourage newcomers to try their hand at modding, strengthing the soakerdom both ways. I'm probably out of my mind, and please shut me up if I am, but I could see this working..... except for the Hasbro part...... :(

Oh well. At least I think its a good idea..... ^_^ :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 27, 2006 10:35 am

Pumps, nozzles, pcs, backpacks, reservoirs, etc. could be made interchangable. Although companies will never make their guns easier to mod, if anything, they will make it harder. They don't want liability for modding if someone screws up, so they try to discourage modding guns altogether. You wonder why certain guns have glued pump caps... :p
Link me to some of the existing ones if you can, please. I'd like to see them.

SSCentral's water balloon launchers-both of the ones featured have "over and under" designs.

Soaker Media has the popular Douchenator/APOL launcher, which is an "in-line" design.

Several individuals, such as Joannaardway and Wetmonkey, have their own designs as well.

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Sat May 27, 2006 8:29 pm

in response to ease of modding: i think your both right really. modding does lead to liability but i think that opening the case is a lot more important to me then ease of modding. soakers that require sawing or damaging the case sucks. harder to mod internals to me is a lot less important, i believe that once the case is opened, the sky's the limit (or so they say). but i would really love to see more soakers that are opened easily. also as for interchangable parts, seeing as how soakers are based on pressurized water (or air) having inertchangable parts would decrease duribility and would also be based with lower pressures for safety reasons.

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Sun May 28, 2006 9:50 pm

Duxburian wrote:Pumps, nozzles, pcs, backpacks, reservoirs, etc. could be made interchangable. Although companies will never make their guns easier to mod, if anything, they will make it harder. They don't want liability for modding if someone screws up, so they try to discourage modding guns altogether. You wonder why certain guns have glued pump caps... :p
Link me to some of the existing ones if you can, please. I'd like to see them.

SSCentral's water balloon launchers-both of the ones featured have "over and under" designs.

Soaker Media has the popular Douchenator/APOL launcher, which is an "in-line" design.

Several individuals, such as Joannaardway and Wetmonkey, have their own designs as well.

Wow. That's not what I had in mind at all... What with the can shredding and all... Something better suited for battle. Like one of those slingshot waterballoon launchers, maybe?
Anyway, two of my team members are making one, just for the hell of it... They say it will be a pretty large launcher (not a cannon, more like a giant slingshot from what I understand... Insane, but it would be cool if it worked!). The more ambitious one says it could fire a completely filled waterballoon. I told him that it has a better chance of exploding while he's still got it in his hand than actually reaching the target... Oh well. I guess we'll see how it turns out...

Edited By Maddermadcat on 1148871166