What would you like to see on new Super Soakers? - It dosen't have to be realistic.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Sun May 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Duxburian wrote:We already have those. Companies would never make something with that much raw power [think safety standards] but individuals/teams make great use of the ones available and make new designs quite often.

SSCentral's water balloon launchers-both of the ones featured have "over and under" designs.

Soaker Media has the popular Douchenator/APOL launcher, which is an "in-line" design.

Several individuals, such as Joannaardway and Wetmonkey, have their own designs as well.
thats great and all, but the rest of us casual soaker fans would rather just pay the $39.99 and be done with it :)

Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Mon May 29, 2006 4:37 pm

@iliketuna: Same here.
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:07 pm

I'd like to see somthing along the lines of the CPS-1000/1200/2100 and the CPS-1500/1700.

Sorry if it's kinda old topic to post in.

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1151536102
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

bb1

Post by bb1 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:27 pm

How bout rangescan technology? You wear a visor that uses the ammount of water, pressure, and angle of the gun. The visor shows you where you should aim for maximum distance, like by the more you tilt it a little dash moves to the center. When the little dash alligns with the center, you will get the perfect firing range for your specs. This is good so you never waste water. It will also show you your pressure, water level, and maybe if a new sport, have sensors in your "suit" that detect soakage!!!

But then again, who is going to pay $300 for a water squirt toy??

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:15 pm

A lot of people, evidently. Watch Ebay for CPS 2000s and you'll see. Such tech probably isn't necessary. Good fighters learn the right angles to use in whatever situation, how long to shoot for, and how to extend one tank of water to last for quite a while.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

bb1

Post by bb1 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Ya but this would be with style :cool:

I'd also like a watergun with a pencilpoint thin nozzle that has a medium-medium large resevoir, strong pressure behind it, and it doesn't even have to be CPS. It would be very very long range and have good colors. This I think would be the most brutal sniping weapon, and the stingyest shot...very pinpointed. Like a laser. Actually, CPS would be best for no dieoff and better power, but may cause breakups and bad spray thanks to the small nozzle.

Another would be an extremely large nozzle for just about drowning them...

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:09 pm

Thin streams get broken up and/or shifted very easily. You're not going to see any kind of sniping range with such a small stream, regardless of the power behind it. Water is not light, and you can't get the power of a laser with a thin stream of water from any DIY materials. You would need to have expensive capital and high-tech stuff to make a nozzle with hydro-cutting-esque power.

For your first idea, make a homemade or a water cannon. Nothing "drowns" enemies more than a giant 100x+ stream rocketing out of a water cannon or CAP homemade. Only a firehose beats that performance.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

bb1

Post by bb1 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:13 pm

Then again I am not a craftsman and all that 1/2" PVC $()#%#&$#(@&^ mumbo jumbo gets me confused easilly. I would LOVE to make one, but then again the only kids on my block are little and they would be crying anyway. We were told it doesn't have to be realistic, remember?