Nerf Super Soaker Microburst

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Well, here it be.
supersoaker_microburst.jpg (25.38 KiB) Viewed 2938 times
Small and based on the cap, more likely pump action as opposed to pressurized.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Re: Nerf Super Soaker Microburst

Post by atvan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:54 pm

I think I'm gonna cry. Really? my hands wouldn't fit on the handle or that pump, and definitely not conveniently enough to try to aim.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 pm

It's a happy meal toy! Right?...

Or not. In any case, it's not like anything new happened, other than the usual shift that happens annually on shelves anyway.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 am

It only shoots 4 ft more than my HH Dream...and I bet the HH Dream actually holds more water. That's seriously sad considering that said HH is just an oversized piston-trigger squirt pistol with a screw-off reservoir. Dollar store pistols might be competitive against a microburst. It's sad in so many ways, including the wasted name. A microburst is a really powerful natural phenomenon; a large one can flatten a whole forest in a matter of minutes. This gun looks like it can only flatten hopes and dreams (in a matter of seconds).
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:17 pm

On the TV it just said, "When we cry, God cries with us." Well, God must be crying now, because this is a damn shame.

DX wrote:It's sad in so many ways, including the wasted name. A microburst is a really powerful natural phenomenon; a large one can flatten a whole forest in a matter of minutes. This gun looks like it can only flatten hopes and dreams (in a matter of seconds).
It's funny how science nerds like us think the name is incredibly awesome, and everyone else thinks the name is kinda lame.

But, from a business perspective... why are they doing this? Why do they have so many piston operated blasters? It's not that expensive to put a trigger in, and you'd think that the better performance would cause sales to go up.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm

You know, I'm actually hopeful for this. I like compact weapons, I guess it comes from having played Assassins. When a blaster's this small, I don't need OMG power. This looks about squirt gun size, but unless Hasbro completely screw it up (which is entirely possible), it should outrange and outsoak a squirt gun, though I expect it will fall short of the great XP 215. The cap looks like a leak waiting to happen though.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Looks like I was right about this one too! It reminds me of the first Super Soaker I ever owned. A Mini XP 70.

It's basically a squirt gun. And here I was, getting my hopes up after they released the Hydro Cannon... I wonder if there are more Super Soakers this year; I sure hope so.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

cantab wrote:You know, I'm actually hopeful for this. I like compact weapons, I guess it comes from having played Assassins. When a blaster's this small, I don't need OMG power. This looks about squirt gun size, but unless Hasbro completely screw it up (which is entirely possible), it should outrange and outsoak a squirt gun, though I expect it will fall short of the great XP 215. The cap looks like a leak waiting to happen though.
My, how our standards have fallen...
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:50 pm

The XP 215 still could've been beefed up, though it was certainly on the higher end of its class. Everything below it however, is almost useless even for assassins; you're better off with a water bottle with a pinhole cap; it'd be less obvious.

EDIT: I meant the 215, not the 270; my bad.

So, cheers to Nerf Super Soaker making blasters that are less water warfare capable than water bottles. In all seriousness though, we're spending more time discussing this particular item just because it's made under the Nerf SS brand and not Ja-Ru or Bonzai. It's really no different other than build quality.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:10 pm

But... it does LOOK COOLER than those brands lol. I forgot to ask, how are you supposed to "stealth soak" when you don't even have a trigger? It's not that stealthy when everything is rattling around cuz you're pumping every time you have to shoot. It also looks less cool and less like a true "assassin" should.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 am

CA99 wrote:Everything below it however, is almost useless even for assassins; you're better off with a water bottle with a pinhole cap; it'd be less obvious.
240s were all over the place at Cambridge Assassins, and I ended up killed by one, my killer whipped it straight out of their coat and I was dead before I could react. (OK, so I probably do have about the reactions of a Slowpoke.)

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:54 am

Sorry, I meant to refer to the 215. The 215 itself has about the best power to size ratio for something that small, though I'd still argue that its power could've been pushed up a bit. In either case, it's air pressure that enables it to be as powerful as it is; had it been a piston pumper of any kind (including squirt guns), it'd be of little use. In other words, a water bottle is at least as good for assassins as a squirt gun; comparable range and possibly much higher output if you uncap and slash. That and people wouldn't suspect it; you can just carry it around unsuspiciously.

In main water wars, I'd much prefer a water bottle to any squirt gun or squirt gun classed piston pumper.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:20 pm

That........ sucks. I now can honestly say that I've seen better stuff at the dollar store.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:10 pm

^ You must've missed my comments regarding water bottles. A .5L water is pretty cheap and the bottle by itself is even worth a bit less. Its effectiveness in water warfare is unchallenged by dollar store squirters though, and even the Point Break can't hold up to it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare