Flash Flood Colours

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Impending Flood

Flash Flood Colours

Post by Impending Flood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 am

As most of you all know, there are 3 colour schemes for the Flash Flood. What I was wondering was, is there any performance difference between the three?
As far as I know, one of them is better because it doesn't have a MD firing valve.

So which is which? And what colour scheme do you prefer?

:flashflood:
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

cantab

Re: Flash Flood Colours

Post by cantab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:43 am

Not all models have the Max-Infusion cap that allows you to connect an MI backpack. So if you have such a backpack, that may be a consideration.

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 am

Nup, I don't have one of those aqua pack thingys.

Sorry, maybe I should be a little more specific but specifically which Flash floods don't have the backpack capabilities?

Drench 'em ALL!!!!

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 am

Well the first model was in the SoakerTag Elite range, that doesn't accept the backpack as it predates it. The rerelease in the Max Infusion range does take the backpack. (I believe the reservoir filler cap is larger, and it has a left-hand thread.) I'm not sure if any subsequent release removed the MI capability.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 pm

The green one doesn't have MI capability, but the orange and blue ones do (Not entirely sure about the blue though.). I've also seen a chrome version that actually comes with an Aquapak and an XP 215, but I think that was a special edition which was very pricey.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm a big fan of the Aquapack. It is light and still gives you a good amount of extra ammo. I did not know that the FF had a mk with a pull valve instead of a ball valve. I thought that was only the Iron Man version of the Arctic Blast. Interesting. I may have to get one. I really like the FF.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Impending Flood

Post by Impending Flood » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 pm

marauder_4 wrote:I'm a big fan of the Aquapack. It is light and still gives you a good amount of extra ammo. I did not know that the FF had a mk with a pull valve instead of a ball valve. I thought that was only the Iron Man version of the Arctic Blast. Interesting. I may have to get one. I really like the FF.
Perhaps I am getting confused with the Iron Man 2. Perhaps...

Whilst I don't have one, one would assume that running with an aquapack would be somewhat difficult as you would have to put up with the aquapack bumping into you as you run. Of course this should be able to be easily remedied by somehow fastening the aquapack to oneself. I was wondering, does the tube leading from the aquapack inhibit your arm's motion (like when aiming or swiveling around)?
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

DX

Post by DX » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am

I have the STE and MI versions of the FF and they definitely have Max-D, you can hear it when you pull the triggers. So I'm not sure what version has a pull valve. What you do with an aquapack if you want it to feel normal is to put it inside another backpack (not one you'd use to transport things in) with a hole cut in the side for the tube to come through (that's why).

If you have a choice of FF, get a newer one or one that hasn't been used as much. Those triggers...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 am

Well there's two versions of the Aquapack. The little 1.5 l shoulder strap version is I feel pointless. However, there's a 3 l backpack version, that came with the Overload blaster but may have been sold separately. That one I feel is worthwhile, and it's also ergonomically better.