CPS 1-3-5 blaster - A review

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

CPS 1-3-5 blaster - A review

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:03 pm

Cps 1-3-5 blaster

Statistics

Range

1 nozzle- 33 ft

3 nozzles- 27 ft

5 nozzles- 20 ft

Shot time

1 nozzle- 28 seconds

3 nozzles- 15 seconds

5 nozzles- 6 seconds

Capacity 3.1 liters

Pc capacity 860 milliliters

Pros: long shot time, good capacity, can last a long time on the battle field, can hit multiple people without switching nozzles

Cons: lots of pumps, weak pc, bad range, heavy for some people, outclassed by all cps guns, 5 1x nozzles gives this gun bad soaking power

All ratings are on a scale of 1-5
Power 2

Range 3

Capacity 4

Weight 3.5

Overall 2

The cps 1-3-5 was released in 2001 and originally was supposed to replace the cps 1700 (one of the best soakers ever). But Larami made a huge mistake on this gun the 1-3-5 has 5 nozzles fixed in a fan blast position each nozzle has a 1x rating, all of them have bad range and all 5 nozzles could not hit the fattest person if you turn the gun on its side all 5 nozzles might hit. The cps 1-3-5 has a interesting trigger system pull it a little bit it shoots one nozzle pull it midway it shoots three and pull it all the way and it shoots five the trigger is pretty sturdy and won‘t break for at least 3 years. This gun can be a good gun if you open, it do every mod you can think of, and disable the 4 extra nozzles.

Overall the cps 1-3-5 blaster was a FAILURE but it can beat almost every air pressure gun except the better ones like the ss300, xxp275 and xp150 and it’s a good gun if you fight a lot of small air pressure guns, like to mod, or don’t mind four extra nozzles otherwise just forget it.

Written by: the LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Also on soaker media

Edited By LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on 1132097070
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:10 pm

Good job! Thanks for pushing up the review! I plan to repost it on the appropriate page on iSoaker.com in the next few days.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:55 pm

Thanks i felt i had to write this review. Everyone thinks the cps 1-3-5 is complete junk for this reason no one would buy one. I just wanted to say that the 1-3-5 is useful for some purposes. I am not saying the 1-3-5 is a good gun just saying it's not as bad as people think. :soakon2:
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Newb

Post by Newb » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:20 pm

Is it better if I use epoxy to plug up all the holes, except for the center one? Or would it be better to just mod it? Or both? What would you guys do?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:38 pm

Plugging the holes IS a mod. What kind of mod were you going to do? K-mod, I assume?

(I know there are other threads on this but none of the searches let me search for 1-3-5!)

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:52 pm

I like my CPS 1-3-5 very much and, I have done alot of training with it to.I think you are underestimating its power once I shot 3 beams for about a entire minute and my opponet was sitting down and I was in a high area I drenched him before he knew what happened. :bringiton:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Well, the ambush explains why you think the gun is good. Any gun will drench an enemy in a perfectly sprung ambush. And he probably did not have a gun that was strong enough to make any kind of defense, which says wonders about the caliber of both arsenals. :;):

1x streams, terrible range, terrible power and output, weak pc, ok stream speed, great shot time, etc. The pros and cons certainly don't balance out. The pc can definately be proven as weak, since someone used it in a pc-swapping integration, and the gun still preformed badly.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ArColone

Re: Super Soaker CPS 1-3-5

Post by ArColone » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 am

Worse gun ever made by SS.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:54 am

I disagree. It's definitely the worst CPS series blaster, but not the worst SS overall. I've never owned one, but everyone says that it's got very small nozzles and the 5-nozzle feature is as useless as a fan blast. But there are modifications you can do, for example getting rid of the other 4 nozzles and just having the nozzle in the middle, drilling out the middle nozzle helps too. I guess you could K-mod it as well, but I've never heard of anyone doing it. Or you could do a PC transplant from another blaster, that might help. (But it will probably make the gun look ugly, if you care about that.)

I'd say that the worst SS ever would have to be the Arctic Shock. It's about twice the size of the Max-D 4000 yet it gets much worse range. Some people say that it only gets squirt gun range, but from my experience it gets about the same range as an MD 2000 or possibly a 3000. (I don't have a good 3000 so I'm not sure.)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:51 pm

I will put my head in front of the hose here and vote yes.

Being a classic CPS design based much on the other medium CPS's, this gun has a ton of potential and with the correct "adjustments" can be more powerful than any Vindicator or Flash Flood available today. The modifications are very easy as well, and since people generally don't like the 1-3-5, it can be found for lower prices more easily. It's the seller's loss really because only a handful of small modifications can turn this from a gimmick gun to a true water-warfighting blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah... I wonder if I can get my hands one one of these. I've seen some on ebay for as low as $2.50 USD. (But I also saw a 2500 for 99 cents.) But as it is, it's probably the worst CPS gun in the series. I'm not going to vote because I've never used one.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.