Storm Monsoon Force 4 - Review, comments and questions.

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
avis

Storm Monsoon Force 4 - Review, comments and questions.

Post by avis » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:15 pm

After snapping the pump off my XP-270 last summer, and my brother snapping our other XP-270 this year, we finally found some good news. The Storm monsoon force we had from a couple years in our garage, which we assumed was broken, was working perfectly. The problem lay in the layout of the blaster. It has two caps, one for the reservior, and one for the PC. When both chamers are mistaken for the reservior and filled, the blaster only splutters. It is also qfd enabled, but the QFD has long since been lost.

Review:

Construction:
The Monsoon Force seems well built. The trigger is made for two fingers and holding the blaster is generally comfortable. Unfortunately, the blaster's reservior is small for its size (smaller than the XP 270), and opaque, making filling difficult.

Pump:
The pump is a dual pump, as it pumps in both directions. (inferred, but needs verification)
The strange thing about the pump of the blaster, is that after the first time you pressurize it(15-20 pumps). All that is required between shots is one or two pumps, before full pressure is reached.

Power:
Power and stream size are comparable to that of the XP-270 though probably a little bit inferior. The Range is slightly superiorl to the XP-270. (testing varied, the XP-270 won during testing, but the Storm performed better during actual combat. The wind may have contributed to this anomaly, as it carries the weak stream away easily.) Shot times are about 2-3 seconds before a rapid drop off.

Notes:
This blaster seems to behave halfway between a pressurized reservior and a separate PC blaster. It has a separate pc, and a cap for that pc. It can still fire verifying that the second chamber is indeed the PC, but it also behaves like a pressured reservior, whereas the blaster requires increasingly more pumps to maintain pressure. If anybody knows more about how this gun works, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pros:
Decent Range
little pumping required between shots
good styling/contruction
easy to empty

Cons:
No strap
opaque reservior
low shot time
weak output
the stream is not well laminated, and breaks up over the target
photon beam useless
reservior small for size of blaster

Conclusion:
The storm monsoon force is a decent small blaster capable of taking on most airpressure guns. However, it is easily outclassed by any CPS gun. The weak output, the low shot time, and the poor stream lamination all detract from this otherwise decent gun.

On another note: Thanks to all those who helped me with my CPS 4100. I got the trigger fixed and so far it's holding up well. However, the trigger gets stuck occasionaly, even though I already shaved about quarter inch off the side of the trigger well. Oh well, no more tap shots. :soakon:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 pm

I have the original of it (2500). This came out a little before the monsoons. It has a normal pump, a bigger PC than an Xp270, and the only reason it needs less pumps after running water through it is because quite a bit of water gets left behind after a shot. I suggest taking out the electronics, taking out all of the useless parts inside, and if you are up to it, making a connection straight from a hose to the PC. I did, and it works great. :cool: