My hatred of the new Shield Blaster. - it doesn't even resemble a gun!

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Maddermadcat

Post by Maddermadcat » Sun May 28, 2006 9:58 pm

I'd like to know your opinions on the new shield blaster release. Personally, I will never take it seriously.
I liked the original Shield Blaster. It was a pretty good gun. But no. No, they had to turn it into a twisted mockery of the nutcracker. It no longer even resembles a gun! (Looks flimsy, too.)
The nonsensical leader of the Snow Cats.
Now the proud owner of a flash flood with an aquapack!

Speedbeetle06

Post by Speedbeetle06 » Sun May 28, 2006 10:25 pm

I agree with you 100%. That stupid looking thing hardly even looks like a shield for that matter! They obviously don't know about(or care about) 1HK games where shields are usually forbidden, so there's really no point in purchasing it.

The construction looks very flimsy, the rediculous handles on the sides make it look even dumber.

How do you fire it?

I never got an origional shield blaster, I never took it seriously, it seemed like a gimmik to me. The whole 'turn handle to pump' thing didn't sound too apealing, and I figured that a powerful enough CPS stream could knock it over. (Although who would take on a CPS stream with that thing anyway?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they didn't take into consideration serious water warfare when they designed the Shield Blaster line.

Edited By Speedbeetle06 on 1148873192

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon May 29, 2006 5:00 am

Is it that one you hold with two hands and you have to fold the gun to shoot, like an exercise thinge.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon May 29, 2006 3:43 pm

I actually like it better than the old shield blasters, because while the firing mechanism is still crappy, it seems better than the older ones. And it still has a shield on it. I'm not saying I like this gun, I'm just saying it might be an improvement.

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Mon May 29, 2006 3:51 pm

The gun is called "The Cruncher".

Probley cos of the noice it makes when you use it.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon May 29, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm guessing it's because you have to "crunch" it so it shoots water. If it's any good it shouldn't make a crunching noise.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon May 29, 2006 4:28 pm

The Cruncher series is a new Piston typ design, which means that it should have a better distance than the original ShieldBlaster design. By sqeezing the 2 sides together, you shoot the water out. Has anyone actualy used it, or is it just an assumtion that the Cruncher series is worse than the 20-25 feet shooting original series? A 2-armed piston should perform fairly well, but I yet have to test one(preferably the 5000 model). But at this point, I don't see why the Cruncher series shouldn't be superior to its predecessor.

As for the looks, I like it. Its original and has a good colour skeem, while the contemporary Super Soaker looks like Nerf. The Cruncher series has nothing to be ashamed of.

And its called cruncher since its modeled after the fitness aparatus with the same name.

Edited By ZOCCOZ on 1148938190

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Tue May 30, 2006 4:54 am

Well, i wouldn't go near one.

"Shield Blaster: The Cruncher"

There is a shield but its tiny.

Also your gonna look like a chicken when you try to soak anyone.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Tue May 30, 2006 9:03 am

I am not going to get a Shield Blaster Cruncher because the sheid is really small and so is the water capacity. I have Sheild Blaster 2000 but,I am about to sell it because of the low distance, low water supply, crank, and the nozzle selections ( They all have low outputs and do not go far no matter how small they are).

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue May 30, 2006 5:55 pm

Stencil wrote:Also your gonna look like a chicken when you try to soak anyone.
Why would that be?

And again, I have to ask, has anyone used it before, to make a negative claim. With some soakers, looking at the design, a bad performance is predictable(tiny PC, small tank...). But in this case, the design is new and untested by any forum member. From the looks of it, the nozzle has a 2X typ opening and the tank on the 5000 model isn't any smaller than the competition, nor is the shield any more useless than the other Shieldblaster models. The piston design in theory should outperform the standard pistons since air pumps with the similar design are able to press with high force. From the visual impression, I would say that the Cruncher series is a step up to the previous Winding mechanism.

Mike 15

Post by Mike 15 » Tue May 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Speedbeetle06 wrote:I agree with you 100%. That stupid looking thing hardly even looks like a shield for that matter! They obviously don't know about(or care about) 1HK games where shields are usually forbidden, so there's really no point in purchasing it.

The construction looks very flimsy, the rediculous handles on the sides make it look even dumber.

How do you fire it?

I never got an origional shield blaster, I never took it seriously, it seemed like a gimmik to me. The whole 'turn handle to pump' thing didn't sound too apealing, and I figured that a powerful enough CPS stream could knock it over. (Although who would take on a CPS stream with that thing anyway?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they didn't take into consideration serious water warfare when they designed the Shield Blaster line.
Hi!

Can you belive that one of my friends took on Flash Floods, Helixs, Vaporizors, triple shots, and aquapacks, and won, he said that like 3-5 of his friends had those guns, and he won, he blocked the shots, i can't belive it myself, I guss it's possible, with out getting wet? :soakon2:

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Wed May 31, 2006 3:11 am

Quote (Stencil @ May 30 2006,05:54)

Why would that be?

Imagine yourself using one and trying to get 3 shots a second.

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 31, 2006 1:10 pm

Can you belive that one of my friends took on Flash Floods, Helixs, Vaporizors, triple shots, and aquapacks, and won, he said that like 3-5 of his friends had those guns, and he won, he blocked the shots, i can't belive it myself, I guss it's possible, with out getting wet?

I'm assuming low caliber wars there. Inexperienced enemies can easily lose with better guns. But only possible with those kind of enemies with those kind of guns. I have guns which could blow the shield right off a shield blaster.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Stencil

Post by Stencil » Wed May 31, 2006 1:48 pm

I have guns which could blow the shield right off a shield blaster.

... or straight through it.

Flash Floods, Helixs, Vaporizors, triple shots, and aquapacks aren't that great and could easily be avoided or blocked.

How to take them down:

1. Flash Flood: Once the Flash Flood nozzle has been used it must be pumped again, thus attack would easy.

2. Helix: Sucks up water really fast. 20 shots and your almost done. Could be attacked while refilling.

3. Vaporizor: A piston pump blaster, easy to dodge or shield. User would be lucky for 2 shots a second.

4. Triple shot: A very small tank. Use the large shot 3 times and your out of water. Attack when refilling.

Easy.

:soakon2:

P.S XP 310 ROCK!!!!

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 31, 2006 3:19 pm

...Or you could just step back out of their range and nail them with no chance of retaliation. Hopefully one would have enough sense to use a longer range gun than wait for a stream to run out, since one can extend their tank out in the tap/pump method, eliminating shot time and eliminating your strategy as well. But if your gun has much longer range, they would have to use their brains to get out of that jam.

I don't feel I need to post any more tactical theory on this, since it is so obvious how to sweep these guns from the field if you know what you're doing.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 31, 2006 4:07 pm

Stencil wrote:
Quote (Stencil @ May 30 2006,05:54)

Why would that be?

Imagine yourself using one and trying to get 3 shots a second.
But why would it be 3 shots a second if its a piston type? The wind up mechanism is no longer there. And thats mainly what I mean: If the technology is unseen in action and untested, any definate opinion of it is fiction untill its actualy reviewed.

I have seen the Cruncher comercial, and the stream looks ok. If its around 2X, and gets a good distance, then it very likely will be able to beat/rival other current blasters due to the absense of pressurizing. But then again, one first would have to test it. Perhaps its crap, perhaps its not. Right now its whide open unless someone gives out actual stats.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:05 pm

ZOCCOZ wrote:Imagine yourself using one and trying to get 3 shots a second.

But why would it be 3 shots a second if its a piston type? The wind up mechanism is no longer there. And thats mainly what I mean: If the technology is unseen in action and untested, any definate opinion of it is fiction untill its actualy reviewed.

I have seen the Cruncher comercial, and the stream looks ok. If its around 2X, and gets a good distance, then it very likely will be able to beat/rival other current blasters due to the absense of pressurizing. But then again, one first would have to test it. Perhaps its crap, perhaps its not. Right now its whide open unless someone gives out actual stats.
[/quote]
I don't know the older shield blasters haven't been very good but you never know they may have done something right for once