Your Favorite Sleeper Pick

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
wetmonkey442

Your Favorite Sleeper Pick

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:07 pm

There is always a water gun that nobody noticed except for you. The wolf-in-sheep's-clothing of your arsenal which no one expects to pack a serious punch. Maybe it's only great in the right hands, or maybe you've modified a horrible gun beyond the point of recognition to make something truly spectacular. I'm interested to see what everybody's favorite sleeper picks are.

For me, it would have to be a toss-up between the Super Soaker XP 240 and the Water Warriors Tiger Shark. While they are wildly different from each other, I always amaze and surprise my friends during parties and water fights when I choose these guns over their larger cousins.

What about you?
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

atvan

Re: Your Favorite Sleeper Pick

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:38 pm

The Bottle Blitz works surprisingly well. It easily outranges and outputs more water, while still being lighter than, the Max-D 3000. It's stream does break up, but this just covers more area.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Well, I don't know if this counts or not, but I've won a soakfest with a (Aquashock.) Secret Strike, when everyone else had a MD 6000, an XP 270, a Sneak Attack, and a few other blasters like MD 4000's or something. It's not that the Secret Strike is any good, it's just that I happened to be the best fighter. I was stuck with the Secret Strike because everyone else had already chosen the best blasters (Excluding the CPS 2700.) from my arsenal, but I just went ahead anyway, and ended up winning the soakfest. So I will say something that everyone should know: Blasters are only as good as the people who wield them. (I think I've said that quite a few times. :goofy: But from my own experience, I find it to be true. I'm sure others will agree.)

I guess my new CPS 1200 could be a sleeper. Sure, it's bigger than most modern blasters, but with those bright colors and simple design, people would expect something like the Hydro Cannon to easily overcome it. I'd love to use it against people with new Super Soakers and have them think their blasters are better just because they look cooler. Boy would I have some fun...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 pm

The 1200 would be an sleeper only for one untrained in the art of water warfare.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

^Nice choices guys. I've never even looked at the Bottle Blitz before! The CPS 1200 is definitely a sleeper pick if the people you battle with regularly do not realize how powerful it is. Hell, even a large blaster like the CPS 2700 would occasionally become the object of ridicule among my friends just because of its silly shape and bright colors. Of course, they stopped talking pretty soon after I started using it!

What else is out there?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Everyone was afraid of my CPS 2700. I don't think that's going to happen to me. I like the Sneak Attack and Avenger. They're small, but they're pretty powerful and have different nozzle settings.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Back in the day, I really enjoyed using the Super Soaker SC500. The XP270 and XP310, while perhaps not as sleeper as others, got downplayed back in 2000 since CPS-class blasters were readily available. I always did like how the XP310 performed, though I would have liked a little more variety in its nozzle settings.

In terms of more recent water blasters, I think the Water Warriors Equalizer and currently available Water Warriors Ultimate Outlaw are too easily overlooked since they are pressurized reservoir blasters, but they perform very well and really only need to be fully pressurized once (they can more or less empty their reservoir so long as it is only 2/3rd filled on a single charge). I also think the Water Warriors Steady Stream and Water Warriors PulseForce make for great backups or small-skirmish primaries even though they are pump-based blasters. From Super Soaker, I liked the Super Soaker Sneak Attack (2007) and Super Soaker Defender (2006).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:46 pm

^Love it! The SC 500 was a favorite of mine during some of my earlier water fights. Of course, many of my friends had similar, if not smaller, blasters so it was not as much of an underdog.

I also am a fan of the Equalizer. It's the perfect size for many engagements, and that pressurized reservoir shoots forever! I'm thinking about giving mine a good paint-job.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm

They're also my favourite and most trusted soakers, the XP 110 and WW Lightning 2006 version (currently out of commission due to a mod I thought was a good idea).
The XP was never really an underdog, since most of my water wars were chaotic soakfests involving similarly sized air pressure soakers, but it got to the point where my friends were afraid of it. The stream explodes out of the nozzle like not even my CPSs can manage, sting factor is high, and it does a fine job soaking (its 2x stream looks a lot like a 5x).
The Lightning is more underrated in the online community than it is by my group of friends. The '06 version has a 1x, 2x and 5x nozzle, being my first ever 5x blaster it'll always have a soft spot in my heart. It's currently broken due to a failed PC replacement, but will hopefully be back in action soon.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Water Warriors Renegade

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

If I was battling against you guys it'd definitely be my New and Improved 100. We used those all the time in the Vermin Wars. Great capacity, power, and shot time - and for the size it has great range. If you didn't have a CPS you wanted to be using a 100 a2. 4 people showed up one war with Max D 6000s, which had comparable performance in a much sturdier shell - but 3 of their internals broke that war, and the other 6000 broke the next war. I swear by my 100. Definitely not the same as the original, the one that featured a smaller, more circular than oval shaped, unscrewable pressure chamber.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

The classic seperate pressure chamber gun. Good choice!
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Definitely my 1/3rd nozzle drilled Defender. It looks like a crappy pistol with the trigger grip for someone half my age, but the thing now shoots about 42ft with more than triple the stock output. It only yields 2 tap shots (count 'em, two) per full pressurization, but it's fun to use.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 am

The Defender is amazing. That's another gun that I think would look great with a nice paintjob.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:56 pm

marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Me_Soak_U

Post by Me_Soak_U » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 pm

I think the ww bandit outlaw equlizer and steady stream are all good
Keep Soaking!
Me_Soak_U
If you like water guns check out my youtube channel here:http://www.youtube.com/user/XxRnMproductionsxX
I'm That Guy With The 1700. Yeah the guy who drenched you? That's Me!

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:22 pm

The Outlaw and equalizer have alreadt been posted. I others have already posted them, it means they noticed them, going against the point of this thread.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

It's not against the point. It just means one more person thinks the Equalizer is awesome. I do too. I just forgot about it.

I also like the Bandit. It's like BBT's version of the Max-D 2000, except it's better, more comfortable, and these days is cheaper too.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah, just not s omuch a sleeper when everyone posts it. :goofy:
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:29 pm

Everyone as in all of two people?
I think basically anything that's not a big CPS is underrated (some exceptions of course), so counts as a sleeper.

Another one, though I've never actually used it in a water fight, is the STE Triple Shot. Adorable little thing, but so good at soaking.