Speed Loader Thread

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
TheColton

Speed Loader Thread

Post by TheColton » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Since we don't have a full section about speed loader water blasters, I figured we could use at least a topic. You can post reviews, questions and such here.

I'll start off. I'd like to know if anyone has information about the Double Cross 2000, the Double Cross 3000, and the speed loader 1100.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Speed Loader Thread

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

My brother had a Speed Loader Double Cross 3000. I don't know what happened to it, but it was really good. Really thick streams and good ~40 ft range. I brought the only CPS blaster on our team to Vermin War I, but my friend's dad convinced me to give it to someone in the fort, so instead I used my friend's dad's SL 1500. It would make an incredible backup gun, and it's really good for hit and run as long as you aren't too far from a QFD. We had a Super Soaker QFD and a Speed Loader QFD in a barricaded area that was protected by a guy wielding a hose. That was actually proved to be the best part of our defenses.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:51 pm

I have a Double Cross 2000 in the box...but it has no QFD. Never really thought about it before, but I could make a VHS and see how well it fires. I've rarely been fond of QFD guns due to the lack of any place to use one. How and where we fight has a huge amount of influence in the guns we like.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:46 am

I, too, have a number of Speed Loaders (given to me as a gift), but no means to fill them (available hoses not strong enough. yeah, weak water pressure). Thus, all I can provide presently are what I had, namely pictures already posted on iSoaker.com.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:17 pm

You could make a hand pump that pumps water from the hose, or get a small water pump.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:14 pm

DX wrote:I have a Double Cross 2000 in the box...but it has no QFD. Never really thought about it before, but I could make a VHS and see how well it fires. I've rarely been fond of QFD guns due to the lack of any place to use one. How and where we fight has a huge amount of influence in the guns we like.
I completely understand this. In Vermin War I we were defending the tree fort at my friend Daniel's house and QFD guns worked very well. We had a bunker on the side of his house, about 50 feet from the fort, with a Super Soaker QFD, Speed Loader QFD, and a hose with a power stream nozzle. It worked very well.

Then in Vermin War II we were attacking, and our parents had to drive us a mile or 2 to get near the enemy fort before getting out of our vehicles. Thus, QFD only guns were not a viable option. From there on it was something similar, and they just weren't much use. In the 2nd war we all carried at least 1 backup, merely due to the fact that we had no refill stations in the area unless we captured one of theirs. I had a CPS 1700, XP 105, SS 30, squirt pistol, 50 waterballoons, and 2 extra liters of water. When we transitioned to 1hk games we used side arms less and just carried extra water instead. You are in deep trouble if you're relying on an XP 105 when your opponents almost all have guns that shoot over 35 feet. It's better to just have your team cover you while you reload your primary arm instead of switching to a sidearm.

How and where you fight influences everything.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

TheColton

Post by TheColton » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Who would be interested in a relatively low priced NIB Double Cross 3000.

TheColton

Post by TheColton » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Speed Loader Power Surge 1100 Review
Photo 31.jpg
Photo 31.jpg (90.25 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Stats:
Length: 16 in
Height: 8.25 in
Width: 3.3 in

Range:
Flat: 28 feet
Angled: 37 feet

Firing Chamber Volume: 435 ml

Shot Time: 5.2 Seconds

Output Per Second: ~83ml

Nozzle:
The Good: Thick streams.
The Bad: Incredibly Low Lamination

Pressure Chamber:
The Good: Large for this size gun. You can check how much water you have left with the filling meter. Filled in 5 seconds!
The Bad: Once full, water sprays into the shell from the QFD. It does not last long enough without a QFD.

Trigger and Grip:
The Good: Short trigger pull. Grip has a nice shape and look.
The Bad: Trigger is stiff.

Construction and Appearance:
The Good: No extra area. Great solid plastic.
The Bad: The factory painting isn't superb due to some paint chips and discolored dots.

Overall:
This gun is great. It is basically an updated Speed Loader 1000I got it NIB, so I know this is its best. Shot time is nice and so is output. The PC is larger than a WW Lightning's PC. Very compact and mobile. The CPS bladder provides a powerful and steady stream. The biggest problems are low lamination and how extra water is released into the shell, which takes a while to get out. If the SL 1100's shell had been used as a reservoir and there was a small pump to pump it back into the PC this gun would be insane. :D

Overall: 8.75/10 Stars

If you ask a question about this gun I will happily answer it. I can make SL Double Cross 3000 review if anyone is interested.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:27 pm

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:12 pm

That seems like a pretty good deal, though it also sounds like they copied the box descrition mostly. Interresting history too, as Larami opted to essentially steql a patent from them in return for being ripped off themselves. Hasbro would have just crused them and never realized they could earn more by keeping them alive.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Do Speed Loaders all use the same QFD or different ones for different guns?

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:55 pm

I would guess they all use the same Q.F.D, as it just makes sense and I've never heard of different soakers taking different Q.F.Ds. That would not make much sense. :oo:

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:19 pm

It also says in the auction that it works with all of the company's quick fill guns, so, yeah.
Beware the Purple