cps 2000/2500 alternative?

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Sun May 14, 2006 2:56 pm

hi guys... i've been reading for awhile but just decided to register now.

based on what i've seen so far, it seems like that cps 2000/2500 are the undisputed kings when it comes to pure power. unfortunately, they've been discontinued for awhile and is extremely rare and expensive (last i saw on ebay, one was going for $62usd + $20 shipping)... so now i'm looking for alternatives

i am aware of the blazer and the flash flood. the blazer seems extremely underpowered based on reviews i've read here and pictures of its streams when compared to the cps2000. the flash flood's stream is standard issue, but i was sold on the riot blast alone! i purchased one the other day and that shotgun does not disappoint!

however, i still crave that huge, hose like stream of the cps2000. so are there any guns currently available that even comes close to those classic soakers?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun May 14, 2006 3:06 pm

If you can find any gun from the monster series, you might feel some satisfaction. Also, if you don't mind modding your flash flood, that might get you more power. But the last option surpasses the power of both the 2000 and 2500 combined! With hommades, you could go well beyond 40x.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun May 14, 2006 3:15 pm

The Krypton is supose to have more power than the Blazer, but nothing like the old 90s soakers. Perhaps you can still get a CPS4100 in stores, but it it was one of the weakest of the old CPS soakers.
If you buy a Blastmaster 660, and you have drunk your milk, you should be able to get a distance of 45 feet with a pressure equal to the great 90s soakers. Thats how good the pump is on the Blastmaster.

Other than that, thats about it. Current soakers don't rely on special features for nothing.
Ebay just sold recently a CPS 2700 under $20, and there is a CPS2500 also. $55.55-$60 would still be a good bid on it around this time of the year. While you could get 3 Flash Floods for it, I personaly would take a CPS 2500 over 5-7 Flash Floods any time. -Also, I guessed $55.55 on the price is right thread, so if you can, don't bid below $55.55 :;): .

iliketuna

Post by iliketuna » Sun May 14, 2006 3:54 pm

thanks for the fast replies guys

i think the 4100 is still available from toysrus.ca and is reasonably priced, but reviews and your description of it seems like its not gonna satisfy me. piston pumping kinda sucks imo so blastmaster is out. xD i guess i'll juss have to check ebay regularly :x

mr dude, i'm not very handy so i'd rather not mod... but if what you say is true i'm quite interested. do you have a step by step guide and pictures of those modded flash floods in action?

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sun May 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Sadly there aren't any step-by-step flash flood mods that I know of (except a CVF ), but ,here are the url's to the modded Flash Flood:
http://s8.invisionfree.com/soakermedia/ ... wtopic=351
http://s8.invisionfree.com/soakermedia/ ... wtopic=512

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun May 14, 2006 5:45 pm

iliketuna wrote:thanks for the fast replies guys

i think the 4100 is still available from toysrus.ca and is reasonably priced, but reviews and your description of it seems like its not gonna satisfy me. piston pumping kinda sucks imo so blastmaster is out. xD i guess i'll juss have to check ebay regularly :x

mr dude, i'm not very handy so i'd rather not mod... but if what you say is true i'm quite interested. do you have a step by step guide and pictures of those modded flash floods in action?
Piston Pumping is more subjective. For some people it sucks, but I would say that since one never has to pressurize, it can be a huge advantage since one is always shot ready. Especialy if the stream is 2X per second and the gun has good aim, such as the Blastmaster. But then again, its not everyone's taste.