flash flood

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
carkrash

Post by carkrash » Sat May 06, 2006 8:44 pm

no we all agree flash flood is the best gun in the last few years from super soaker right, now the 2006 model doesnt have any new features does it.

now the think i ask here is where can you get the flash flood, which shops in the us and the uk, alltho mainly us, and what colors is it available in. because most of the time i see a horrible orange one and occasionally a red one. i dont know whether anybody saw the gadget show end of series special where they tested out the water guns, they used a nice red flash flood then

i have also seen a silver version and probably the best version would be the two in the duel pack which i have only seen on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-S....iewItem

now i would get this from the seller but quite frankly the seller was so rude to me that i really dont want to have to buy from him. so does anyone whow where the duel pack in those colors is in shops?

and anything else any one wants to say about flash floods then do say so

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat May 06, 2006 9:44 pm

What do I want to say about the Flash Flood?

It's overrated. It IS the CPS pistol we always wanted, but it's screwed up. We get this little needle-thick main beam, and a "will it or won't it work" riotblast, that yes, is quite impressive, but drains your water supply.

The money spent on a Flash Flood is better spent on a Pirahna/Lightning.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 06, 2006 10:23 pm

Or on a variety of "other" soakers...either way, you should look into all the choices available before making a concrete decision.

You should also work on spelling a bit. It is not a big deal, but you can confuse people with certain words. "Duel" is a fight, "Dual" is two. The difference in spelling is tiny, the difference in meaning is huge.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 07, 2006 4:23 am

carkrash wrote:no we all agree flash flood is the best gun in the last few years from super soaker right, now the 2006 model doesnt have any new features does it.

now the think i ask here is where can you get the flash flood, which shops in the us and the uk, alltho mainly us, and what colors is it available in. because most of the time i see a horrible orange one and occasionally a red one. i dont know whether anybody saw the gadget show end of series special where they tested out the water guns, they used a nice red flash flood then
If your from the UK, I recorded the Gadget Show and watched it too, and they weren't using a red Flash Flood, it was last years green one they were using.

I forgot to say this on here, but I received my orange Flash Flood last friday with the Aqua Pack. I decided to open this one though, as I was going to use it in a battle on the same day, I couldn't resist.

I like the Flash Flood, the main stream is ok, but the Flash Flood blast on the one I got is amazing, its way better than on last years green Flash Flood I once had, the riot blast on that was more of a fan on mine and wasn't as effective. The blast is more concentrated and really does shoot around 10-12m of effective range at a 45 degree angle (and no, I'm not lying, I saw it with my own eyes). The main streams range is about between 10-12m of effective range too at a 45 degree angle too.

The Flash Flood is not the best though, if you've got access to eBay then I really suggest you get an older gun, the CPS 2500 I recommend a lot now, tried one of mine yesterday after noy using it for a while and forgot how far it shot, it was really far, I swear the 20x shot 50ft. The older guns I think you will find are more durable than the Flash Flood too.

As for the seller who is selling the twin pack of good coloured Flash Floods, I bought a pack of them about nearly 2 weeks ago now, so they should be arriving soon. Although I never came across that seller as being rude, it really depends on the question you asked. I think these probably aren't in many stores, I'd say that are a fair few in the US, but I doubt if there would be any in the UK, as there are barely any places that stock any 2006 soakers here at the moment it seems. There are probably some, I know Blackpool must stock some 2006 guns in since the Gadget Show people were in Blackpool (where their show is based probably), and they had some of the 2006 guns like the Overload, the new Arctic Shock and the new Vaporizer by the looks of it, but no 2006 Flash Floods and other guns though.

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Sun May 07, 2006 6:45 am

Duxburian wrote:You should also work on spelling a bit. It is not a big deal, but you can confuse people with certain words. "Duel" is a fight, "Dual" is two. The difference in spelling is tiny, the difference in meaning is huge.
sorry i really did not realise i was in an english lesson lol. When i am in a rush i simply cant bebortherd to go through the spelling to be honest. but so far everyone that replied did seem to understand what i was saying which to me is the main thing right? in future i will be more slow if it really is a problem.

i think i may go for the twin pack then. I am looking into other soakers but witht he exchange right now and that twin pack costing round about £27 i really cant complain with getting 2 then when i get some good replacements i shall just sell them off to the fam.

thank you

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 07, 2006 11:53 am

It's not really a problem, just the duel/dual thing was getting to me since so many people do it. [Cough like half the people on the forum Cough]

£27 eh? Not too bad. Most foreign soakers are rip-offs compared to the American prices.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers