CPS 3000

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Green Wing

CPS 3000

Post by Green Wing » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:19 pm

So I was lucky enough to find a CPS 3000(With the strap but no backpack) at a thrift store yesterday for $6.99. However when I pump it, it will never go past the "Empty" part on the power gage. It does shoot out some air though. Another problem is I don't know much about water guns at all, I just knew that CPS guns were rare, and so I picked it up. So far I can't find much information on it so I was hoping you guys could tell me some things like:

-How much would a CPS like mine be worth?
-How rare are these now?
-Does it need the backpack hooked up to it to have it build up pressure?
-Is there a way to fix it if it is currently broken?(For those of you who had a similar problem, and know how to fix it)

Thanks in advance. :)

GJIV

Re: CPS 3000

Post by GJIV » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:21 pm

-How much would a CPS like mine be worth?

Depending on its optical conditions about 20-50 Dollars I would say. Without its backpack it is not working and unuseable which reduces its worth. Also a homemade backpack would not make it worth as much as a original would ever be.

-How rare are these now?

CPS guns are all rare, they were very powerful and funny to use. They are not continued and also sadly not used carefully. Finding big CPS soakers is not easy today so every CPS is rare. Some are more and therefore more worth and some you can find quite often(in relation to all Soakers and aparted from the fact that all CPS are rare these days)

-Does it need the backpack hooked up to it to have it build up pressure?

The CPS 3000 sucks water and puts it into the pressure chamber and the gauge will go up to full. You hardly can pump as much air into it so the gauge says full...forget that :) And yes, a backpack is needed to suck water into the pump so you can build up pressure :) But if you just want to try whether it does create pressure or not, have a bath, put its end, where the backpack is connected with the CPS 3000, under the water and then pump. There should be water sucked and pumped into the gun and the gauge should move each pump :)

-Is there a way to fix it if it is currently broken?(For those of you who had a similar problem, and know how to fix it)

I have repair EVERY SOAKER till now, there is always a way to fix problems :) But first of all you should try whether there is a problem or not !

Furthermore I want to add that I am willing to but it from you if you ship it internationally. I am from Austria and always interested in buying guns! Let me know via PM if you want! Also you can ask me things you want to know via PM :) I am well into the guns and all things around them!

Great CPS, they should remain forever! :lol:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm

- Value is difficult to measure out. If you fix up the blaster and attack a backpack, it could be worth a decent amount of money, maybe close to the value of one that never broke.

- What GJIV said. Whatever you do, don't toss it out or sell it to someone who would do so.

- No, backpack is not required to pressurize. It can draw water from any source, provided the intake is submerged in it.

- Almost certainly fixable. There's always a way to make a water gun work, no matter how far you have to go.

Now, you mentioned that you pumped in some air and it shot it out, but the pressure gauge doesn't move. Pumping air is not going to move the pressure gauge on a CPS, because you need to pump a lot (probably more than is physically possible, given the limits of the pump's ability to pump air) to compress the air enough so that the CPS bladder will expand. You will need to test the blaster using water instead.

My guess is that the blaster works just fine since it can shoot air. It's not difficult to make a backpack for it either, if you have the right materials. The easiest method by far is to get a solar shower from a store (I found one a Meijer for $10 or so, can't remember) and detatch the shower head, or adjust it. You just need to adapt the tube to connect with the blaster, and there are several ways to do it. (Which I can go over when the time comes.)

If you prefer to sell it instead, let us know as I may also be interested.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:26 am

There's a guide for making a homemade backpack. http://www.sscentral.org/mods/backpack.html

It probably works fine - you just need to pump water instead of air.

I just downloaded Google Chrome. It's awesome.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:49 pm

The guide is mainly for homemades, and I would argue that some components to it aren't absolutely necessary. Still, it's a great starter to see how a solar shower can be implemented.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Green Wing

Post by Green Wing » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I just tested it, and it does work but seems to have a leak. I will fix it up and find or make a backpack for it. Then I might sell it. Not sure yet. Anyways I will report back here if I have any more questions or I fix it. :)

Green Wing

Post by Green Wing » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:32 pm

First off sorry for the double post but I have some great news today...I found the backpack! My Dad had gone back to the thrift store and found the backpack, so I got pretty lucky. Now all I have to do is fix the leak. Anyway I was wondering how much would this be worth now? I have the strap, backpack and actual gun in good used condition; only problem is that the Cps leaks, but is fixable.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm

If it wasn't leaking, it could maybe go for $200 on eBay. Most people don't like repairing blasters they buy, so you may be able to sell it to someone here if you want to be sure you don't break it.

What exactly is the problem by the way?
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Green Wing

Post by Green Wing » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:45 pm

The only problem it has is that it leaks air out after you pump it(The power gauge goes down right after you stop pumping it). It should be a fairly easy fix though; the hardest part will be opening it, because it seems to be glued together in several areas of the shell.