need advice on soakers to get - help me please

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
carkrash

Post by carkrash » Mon May 01, 2006 9:31 am

hey all its nice to be apart of the forums

i am new here

and i have only ever owned one super soaker and that was in like 94 or something like that. i am now 21 years of age and me and my brothers our girlfriends and friends etc are organising a huge water event, we r gonna be playing most weeks in the summer but we want to organise a huge event. now i hav ordered a flash flood which i will be picking up when i get in the states next week. now i wana be a god damn combat warrior. so i wana use my flash flood and im thinking of two other weapons, like maybe a rifle and a smaller gun that my flash flood like say the helix. so i am wondering what should i add to my combat. as i said something better and bigger than a flash flood with good range and good aiming and something smaller for pure back up.

also wondering what other people use when they are using multiple soakers, and what peoples personal favs are

thank you in advance

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon May 01, 2006 10:05 am

Welcome to the iSoaker.com Forums!

IF you want bigger than a Flash Flood, you might want to consider the Water Warriors Blazer. Presently, that's about as big as you'll find in retail stores. If you're open to the eBay option, look for older models like the CPS1000, CPS1500, CPS2500, CPS3000/3200. The Monster X and CPS4100 are good choices, too, but sadly no longer made. Be wary of really expensive prices on eBay, though. A CPS2000 auction just ended at $305 USD! Way too much.

Helix is ok, but many don't like its more limited range (though I've had fun using it). Soakers like the Defender, XP70, and WW Xenon make decent back-ups as well. The WW Scorpion is also a potentially good back-up since it doesn't require pumping (motorized pump + rechargable battery), but I haven't tried it personally. I hear it works well, though is a little loud when pumping.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Mon May 01, 2006 3:12 pm

thank you for the reply. i am open to the ebay option but which of those cps's is the best one you would recomment, i dont want to spend to much, and want something which is pretty mobile so i can run with

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 01, 2006 3:23 pm

I would recommend the CPS 1500/1700. Its not too heavy and has great power. A CPS 1000, 1200 or 2100 may be good for you as well, light and powerful in a small package, you can nab some of these at good prices now if your lucky, I'm saying this because its near Summer and prices are starting to go up on nearly every older, more powerful soaker.

I actually have a like new barely used CPS 1200 and a good condition CPS 1700 I am going to sell soon, so depending on where you are, and if you want any of those guns gun send me a PM. I am from the UK by the way.

Its your choice though, whatever older gun you end up deciding on you'll be getting a good one.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon May 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Yep, the 1500/1700 is the best you'll get for your money. You can get two 1500/1700's for the same price as a 2500, and the 1500/1700 is better IMO. You'd probably pay anywhere from $25-$45 for a 1500/1700.

As Wild Boys said, a CPS1000/1200/2100 would also be a good choice, and cheaper, though not as good as a 1500/1700.

If you really want something good, then a CPS 3000/3200 (like a 1500/1700 but with a 2 gallon backpack) would be a good choice. But you'll be paying a lot (about as much as for a 2500) for one.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Mon May 01, 2006 4:36 pm

ok looking at reviews etc, it seems that 1700 is one of the best soakers to ever come out, the 2000 has a lower overall rating of 90 compared to the 1700 overall of 100 why is it that 2000,2500, 3000 are really expensive compared to the 1700. i know ratings arent everything but it just seems a bit strange

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm

The 20x nozzle on each of those is overrated. The 1700 has better stats than the 2500, but the 1700 is one foot shorter than the 2500, and has no 20x. I personally don't find a 20x nozzle all that useful, it's more the intimidation you have. Really, why the 2500 goes for twice the orice of the 1700 is intimidation. People prefer a 1 foot longer soaker that has a 20x to a better statwise soaker. The 1700 being smaller also makes you more manuverable.

The CPS 2000 (I own one) is a very fearsome soaker. 55-foot fange and huge output (30x) is very good. But the huge price (at this time of year, $150 and on up) makes it not worth it.

The 3000 and 3200 are very good soakers, better than the 1700. They also have the much-feared 20x nozzle. But as before, they cost a lot more (at least double the cost of a 1700), and a having a 2-gallon backpack full of water can be a problem to some, though it's easy enough for me.

Edited By Hannibal on 1146520139

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm

alo just thinking about it, so i hav the flash flood but im looking for something that is mobile but something i really do want is range i assume power also = range so that to. i am not sure how much range comes with a flash flood, but looking at a cps 2000 it does look amazing especially the power, so many soakers i am finding it hard. it seems like alot of them will have something that another one doesnt yet the other one wil also have something else to it. pretty confusing stuff.

im not sure what type of gun the flash flood is but i assume it is not a rifle, and im guessing i should not go with the helix as i havnt really heard anyone talk about them

and what is the fuss over the water warriors guns, are these just as good?

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon May 01, 2006 4:53 pm

The Flash Flood shoots 30-35 feet. It is very small in size compared to some of these guns. The CPS 2000, as I said, is very good, but WAY overpriced. Here's my opinion on it. If you have a lot of money ($60-90), get a CPS 3000 or 3200. If you have a smaller amount of money ($25-45), get a CPS 1500/1700. Either of those guns will own the Flash Flood.

The Helix is a small, cheap soaker with poor range. It gets you wet, but only VERY close up. Not worth it, IMO.

Water Warriors is a brand that was founded in 2003. They make better soakers than Super Soaker's current ones, but not as good as the old CPS series soakers. The Blazer is the best they currently make. It is on par with a CPS 1000/1200/2100.

Edited By Hannibal on 1146520638

"snap!"

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Mon May 01, 2006 5:16 pm

thanx hannibal you have been very helpful and so has everyone else. i think i have one last question

water warriors - does the battery thing annoy the hell of you or can you choose not to use them, also i assume the piranha and blazer are big guns but the xenon and scorpian are small backups, my questiom is do these 2 small soakers (scorpian,xenon) really soak up to 40 feet coz thats what water warriors website is claiming and i find it hard to believe.

i think im gna try and get a 1700 and leave a more expensive one till the winter and get it for next summer

:blues:

DX

Post by DX » Mon May 01, 2006 5:18 pm

If you have a lot of money ($60-90), get a CPS 3000 or 3200.

Wait! Don't waste that much money on a 3000/3200! :p You can get one for a lot cheaper simply by watching Ebay for a while and using less-common search terms. I got a pair of 3200s for $20 each last year, and that was during the middle of the summer! Also, don't waste more than $50 on a CPS 2500. You can find 2500 auctions closing for $45 or less, even at this time of year.

20x nozzles are indeed overrated, at least the stock ones. Also, most stock soakers don't have good ranges, including every gun made in 2003-2006. There are modifications to make your guns more powerful, but if you're not into that kind of stuff, there are still plenty of good stock soakers out there.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Mon May 01, 2006 5:37 pm

I just bought a CPS 3200 yesterday. I got it as soon as I saw it come up and I bought it with " Buy It Now" for $55.00 with a $15.00 shipping and handling. I guess that was not worth the money, I felt that urge to buy it like the urge that makes the crazy ebay bidders bid so high. But, what really made me buy it is that one just had passed and it was more exspensive and in worst condition then the one I got. So I bought it before the crazy ebay bidders found it. I don't think I will be disappointed and buy the reveiws my freind's favorite soaker ( CPS 4100) will probably not beat the CPS 3200. We plan to have are next battle at the end of this month. :cool:

EDIT: 200th post !

Edited By Soaker Master on 1146523106

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue May 02, 2006 10:15 am

Soaker Master wrote:I just bought a CPS 3200 yesterday. I got it as soon as I saw it come up and I bought it with " Buy It Now" for $55.00 with a $15.00 shipping and handling. I guess that was not worth the money, I felt that urge to buy it like the urge that makes the crazy ebay bidders bid so high. But, what really made me buy it is that one just had passed and it was more exspensive and in worst condition then the one I got. So I bought it before the crazy ebay bidders found it. I don't think I will be disappointed and buy the reveiws my freind's favorite soaker ( CPS 4100) will probably not beat the CPS 3200. We plan to have are next battle at the end of this month. :cool:

EDIT: 200th post !

So, it was you that bought that 3200. Man, I was gonna get that one. I was going to tell my dad to buy it, and when I came back it was gone. :goofy:

I'm sure there will be more, though. I thought that first 3200 was going to go for real cheap, and I was gonna snipe it, and then it went up $40 in the last couple of minutes, to a total of about $60.

You'll wipe out your friend and his 4100 with your 3200, if you use it well. The 3200 has a far larger PC, and of course 4x the water of the 4100.

Edited By Hannibal on 1146582957

"snap!"

carkrash

Post by carkrash » Sat May 06, 2006 8:55 pm

i remember hearing the xp70 is a good choice for a back up small gun, but i couldnt find any however i have come across some that are on etoys.com for $9.99 does anyone think i should go ahead and grab it as my back up, afterall with the exchange rate at the moment and me spending the next month in the US like i do alot i would be getting it dirt cheap

Croc

Post by Croc » Sun May 07, 2006 7:40 am

carkrash wrote:water warriors - does the battery thing annoy the hell of you or can you choose not to use them
on the scorpion, the battery will annoy you to hell, with its noise and all of that, and you cant chose to pump it, as it uses a motor for the pump. So you cannot chose not to use the battery of the scorpion, and the electronic pressure gauges are annoying for battles at night, as they light up

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun May 07, 2006 11:17 am

I can't say the same level of annoyance. Sure, the WW Scorpion's motor is loud, but far from deafening. I've heard squeaky normal piston pumps on some soakers that annoyed me more than the motor on the Scorpion. As well, it shuts off when the PC is full so it's not like it's on all the time. Though I haven't tried it outside, yet, I believe that it won't sound as loud outdoors as if does indoor in a small room (well, bathroom to be exact for initial tests :goofy: ). What I don't know is how it behaves when the charge in the battery runs low. I'm not sure whether the motor just starts pumping more slowly or whether it will just stop pumping suddenly when battery charge drops. Of course, after a shot, the motor starts pumping again so there's no way to stay hidden for long if using a Scorpion.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .: