Hands-On: Water Warriors Goblin

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Goblin

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Got my hands on a Water Warriors Goblin. For all intents and purposes, the Water Warriors Goblin is a re-branded Water Warriors Stingray, but with a pull valve(?)

Still need to do some more testing, but posted pictures of the Water Warriors Goblin in the meantime. This lil' blaster does well for its size, but I've never been a fan of the downward-facing cap/trigger grip design.

Enjoy!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

martianshark

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Goblin

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:03 pm

The Stingray originally had a pull valve. I'm sure because I opened mine up when it broke.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 pm

I avoided the cap/pistol grip hybrid design as well. It looks like it could get loose and be a problem.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 pm

It's not much of a problem, but the Stingray is really weak and has a short pump.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 am

The Stingray is actually quite a good pistol. In my experience, the handle cap is quite secure.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:00 am

martianshark wrote:The Stingray originally had a pull valve. I'm sure because I opened mine up when it broke.
I stand corrected! :goofy:

Never opened up either, but have been paying a little more attention to valves these days. Thanks for letting us know!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:49 am

Water Warriors Goblin review posted. Range tests still need to be done, though.

Enjoy!

ssshooter

Post by ssshooter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 pm

You can get a hair-curler spring from WalMart about the same ID as the pump handle... remove the handle, stretch and place the spring inside, you now have an automatic pump return.

OT: what has more range / shot time compared to this pistol without getting too large to carry?

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm

The firefly has good performance, if you can find one. It is a bit large for a pistol though. The Hornet is the best pistol made by BBT, but I haven't seen them in stores. The bandit and equalizer/outlaw are also good options.
There is an updated version of the firefly called the titan, which should perform similarly.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:23 pm

The firefly is a great blaster, and it is re-released right now as the Titan.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:05 pm

As isoaker mentioned, the Sting Ray, and presumably the Goblin, seems to use the cap as the PRV, making it leak if overpumped. A nub limits how much the cap may be tightened. I filed it off, allowing the cap to be further tightened stopping the leaks and maybe increasing the power a bit.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

The PRV on a PR gun is usually inside the pump rod.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 pm

The stingray/goblin is different.

ssshooter

Post by ssshooter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 pm

The Goblin has the feed tube at the back of the reservoir making it idea for higher angles.

The Titan recommendation was great for me - a good sniper rifle... it suffers from having the feed at the front - making verticle shots unusable due to air in the line... but it shoots forever and is very consistent.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:55 pm

If the Titan counts as a sniper rifle, then the CPS 2500 must be a laser or something, and the pneumatic water balloon launcher an orbital strike platform.

The Titan's too large for me to prefer as a sidearm, but too small to be put on the level of the XP270, FF, and Max-D 6k. It appears to be a decent blaster for its size though, and if clipped or strapped, it's still useful as a secondary.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:41 am

How big is that thing? Could the Goblin fit in a cargo pants pocket? I find anything smaller than a WW Pulse Blaster is pretty useless unless it can fit in your pocket is a backup blaster. The fill cap/handgrip also seems like a very bad idea, I would think I would accidently untwist is wile pumping. If it was just on the end that might be OK but not the whole handle!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

ssshooter

Post by ssshooter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:30 pm

The goblin cap/handle is solid and very stable. It does not come undone when pumping. Put a 1-1.25" OD return spring inside the pump handle and you only have to apply energy in one direction.

When I refer to the Titan as a sniper rifle - I'm exaggerating a little... it has good range, approx 40 feet, and a never ending stream. Perfect for chasing squirrels off the bird feeder :cool:

The Goblin is a fun little pistol and small enough use without a second thought. Great for the kids.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah, you'd have be really violent while pumping to undo the cap accidentally.

There are smaller blasters, but the Stingray/Goblin is one of the most compact things around. Smaller than a Point Break, and similar to an XP 220.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Its not so much undoing the cap as it is durability. The cap is residing in a very high-stress point that doesn't seem to be a good place for having one. Plus someone mentioned about having to file off a nub that prevents it from fully sealing, as they use that as a PRV instead of putting the PRV in the pump like most PR's do. (Not sure on that though.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ssshooter

Post by ssshooter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:01 pm

CA99... the gun costs $6 from Toys'R'us... go buy one and try it for yourself. Buy a couple of spares if you worried about durability. The end cap is solid plastic, very secure, and solid. The filing of the end cap stops is unnecessary... in fact they're designed to prevent loosening - not over tightening.

I thoroughly recommend the Goblin Pistol at $6 for kids and the Titan Carbine at $8 for squirrel home defense.

I cannot say enough good things about these cheap guns.