Ultimate Water Warriors

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
soakernerd
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by soakernerd » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:55 pm

It is definitely pressurized. The back of the box indicates that you pull the trigger to fire.

EDIT: I fail, I thought you were saying its piston powered.

thelaminator
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Ever-changing
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by thelaminator » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm

martianshark wrote:Are you sure? The picture is kind of blurry, but I think I might see a hole.

My comment about the price of PR water guns by Hasbro doesn't really have anything to do with this, but I was talking about just a PR gun. The Oozinator is a PR and an ooz-shooting piston gun in one. The Transformers gun is just a PR gun, but it does have a sheild and connects to your arm.
the whole "20$ pr gun" thing isn't the main foucus here. you never know what kind of prices people give things. take the snuggie for example. it's a robe you wear backwards that costs like 25$. i could get a quality robe for 10$. so if someone can sell something like that, someone can sell a PR gun for 20$.

no, the REAL main foucus here is IF the Explorer is a PR or not. your theory on the "replace the bladder with an internal PC" thing is passible, but unlikely. but given the rather large bulk of area between the nozzle and the tank, it IS a possibility there is a hidden PC in there (sort of like a BBT version of the SS Triple Aggressor.)

but all that complication is pointless. the same general performance can be achived by making it a PR blaster, no matter how much we would not want it.
The only thing better than balls of steel are spinning spiked balls of steel.

Fox
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:43 am

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by Fox » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:22 pm

I'm positive the Explorer is a separate PC air pressure gun. If you look closely at the instructions on the back of the box in the first picture, the first step reads:

"For maximum performance, pre-charge the water blaster by pumping the handle 10 to 12 times BEFORE adding water".

Obviously that wouldn't work on a PR gun and would be pointless on an elastic chamber.

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by isoaker » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Fox wrote:I'm positive the Explorer is a separate PC air pressure gun. If you look closely at the instructions on the back of the box in the first picture, the first step reads:

"For maximum performance, pre-charge the water blaster by pumping the handle 10 to 12 times BEFORE adding water".

Obviously that wouldn't work on a PR gun and would be pointless on an elastic chamber.
Sharp eye! Hopefully that's true, but only hands-on experience can verify it. Moreover, it is does have a separate PC, we have no easy way to currently tell how big it is or how well it'll perform.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

User avatar
martianshark
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Mars, CA

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by martianshark » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:06 pm

How did you read that? The instructions are small and very blurry, but I think I can barely make out most of what you said.

Anyway, Yay! They're not charging twenty bucks for a PR gun!
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

thelaminator
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: Ever-changing
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by thelaminator » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Fox wrote:I'm positive the Explorer is a separate PC air pressure gun. If you look closely at the instructions on the back of the box in the first picture, the first step reads:

"For maximum performance, pre-charge the water blaster by pumping the handle 10 to 12 times BEFORE adding water".

Obviously that wouldn't work on a PR gun and would be pointless on an elastic chamber.
with some winceing and dechiphering images, i agree.
The only thing better than balls of steel are spinning spiked balls of steel.

HBWW
Posts: 4102
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by HBWW » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

The worst PR is always better than the best piston pumper. That's how distasteful I find them to be.

The solid cap was what I was refering to earlier (thanks for putting up a picture), but indeed it is difficult to see. However, the boxes clearly say "air pressure", so there's almost no way any of them would be CPS. (And they're not shaped for Hydro Power either.)

Very odd on the Explorer. I suppose they did cram a PC in there, but if it's too small it's going to perform worse than if the whole thing was a PR.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Formerly CA99

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

User avatar
martianshark
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Mars, CA

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by martianshark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 pm

I disagree. The shot blast would definitely beat an XP 215.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

HBWW
Posts: 4102
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: MI
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by HBWW » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Actually, you're right. I misused the term "worst" which could easily mean quality/performance for given class just as well as overall performance. It's still worth noting however, that the Shot Blast is roughly 20 times larger than the 215, but only appears to perform 10 times as well. Power to size ratio is pretty bad in piston pumpers and is far better in PR's.

Edit: I just went to Wal Mart today and saw all three Ultimate WW's. Apparently, Martianshark was correct on the Explorer. I opened up the reservoir and there is indeed a plastic vessel inside which is probably the pressure chamber. Good job, Martianshark, you have soaked us all on the last few discussions.

On second thought, that particular setup is not too terribly inefficient, other than the need for that awful intake tube. The plastic PC is nested inside the reservoir and there's a lot less unused casing space this way. The Explorer is also the largest Ultimate series blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Formerly CA99

Discord: g0dSamnit#4723

soakernerd
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by soakernerd » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:44 am

Can you get internal pics?

User avatar
martianshark
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:32 pm
Location: Mars, CA

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by martianshark » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 pm

I don't think he bought it.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

soakernerd
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by soakernerd » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:20 pm

He said he opened up the reservoir.

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:17 am

Not because one should, but because one can! :goofy:

Gives a good size reference for the different members of the Water Warriors Ultimate line. Granted, I don't recommend trying to lug this around when all the blasters are filled. It's do-able, but it's on the heavy, unwieldy size.

:cool:
Attachments
Water Warriors Ultimate System
Water Warriors Ultimate System
waterwarriors_ultimatesystem_01.jpg (117.61 KiB) Viewed 945 times
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

User avatar
Impending Flood
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:14 am
Location: Australia

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by Impending Flood » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:50 am

isoaker wrote:Not because one should, but because one can! :goofy:

Gives a good size reference for the different members of the Water Warriors Ultimate line. Granted, I don't recommend trying to lug this around when all the blasters are filled. It's do-able, but it's on the heavy, unwieldy size.

:cool:
Seriously??? Man, that looks more cumbersome than duel-wielding CPS 4100s. On a more serious note, when they're all filled, won't the plastic holding the blasters together break?? It looks pretty flimsy to me...

EDIT: btw, how would you pull all the triggers if you had say 3 of them connected together?
Last edited by Impending Flood on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drench 'em ALL!!!!

I shall soak you until you are soaked!

Me: Hey look! A Super soaker Monster 10th anniversary edition!
Friend: What?! Where?! I don't see no Super soaker monster!
Me: Oh NO!! I'm hallucinating! *Panics*

User avatar
isoaker
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:51 pm
Location: Elsewhere
Contact:

Re: Ultimate Water Warriors

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 am

I wouldn't recommend putting more than 3 Ultimate Water Warriors water blasters together. However, the connection between them is actually quite sturdy. I wouldn't, of course, suggest mounting a Ultimate Vanquisher on top of an Ultimate Bandit and holding only the Bandit, but that said, even the stack of 5 would stay together, though, of course, be rather cumbersome to use. Now, simple combos like an Ultimate Explorer plus an Ultimate Renegade or Ultimate Outlaw would work rather well, IMO. The main reason I pushed them all together was, well, it gives one a very quick view of the relative sizes and attachment positions. ..and, as I said before, it was done just because I could! :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests