2006 Super soaker question

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
arkracer

Post by arkracer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forums but have been following super soakeriness since 2004. I was wondering if the new max infusion back pack will fit in any quick-fill cap and not just the new rereleases (Flash-flood, arctic shock, etc) as I am quite keen on getting a new shiny soaker to show my friends but don't want to spend large amounts of money (ie, over £15). Any help?

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:53 pm

Welcome.

It sounds as if you are from the UK. I am not sure if the MI Back Pack will fit with the older Soakertag gun caps, I think it is specially designed to fit only with the Max Infusion line of soakers, but again, I'm not too sure.

What gets me is that have you seen these new soakers 2006 soakers in stores if you are in the UK? I am asking this because it seems not many places in the UK seem to stock 2006 guns this year, around where I am its all 2005 and 2004 guns no 2006 or anything. Shows how bad Super Soakers distribution is getting if you ask me.

If you want a good soaker to impress your friends, then you may want to try eBay, as you can get a lot of kickass old soakers for a good price if you are lucky sometimes.

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:56 pm

The answer is no. The Max Infusion Aqua Pack can not fit the older guns only guns that have Max Infusion in there name. If you want to buy a new cheap 2006 soaker with a Aqua Pack you can buy a Max Infusion Defender ($10) and a Max Infusion Aqua Pack ($8). But, that is over 15.00.

arkracer

Post by arkracer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:59 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I am from the UK and no, I haven't seen the 2006 soakers yet but I presumed that they would be out before the summer. Hmm... So if I were able to get ahold of one of the special caps I could buy a back pack on its own and attatch it... I suppose that would be a lot of trouble to just attatch the backpack. I might as well just buy an overload...

Edited By arkracer on 1144875833

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:04 pm

arkracer wrote:Ok, thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I am from the UK and no, I haven't seen the 2006 soakers yet but I presumed that they would be out before the summer. Hmm... So if I were able to get ahold of one of the special caps I could buy a back pack on its own and attatch it... Oh well.
As Wild Boys said, you can always try eBay. A good CPS-series soaker will lay waste to the entire 2006 Super Soaker lineup. Of course, due to their power, they'll also cost a bit more.
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

Soaker Master

Post by Soaker Master » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:12 pm

arkracer wrote:Ok, thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I am from the UK and no, I haven't seen the 2006 soakers yet but I presumed that they would be out before the summer. Hmm... So if I were able to get ahold of one of the special caps I could buy a back pack on its own and attatch it... I suppose that would be a lot of trouble to just attatch the backpack. I might as well just buy an overload...
It is not really that hard to attach the backpack to a Max infusion gun. The Overload cost 30.00. The threading on Max infusion Caps are different from Soaker Tag and Soaker Tag Elite caps.