Look Alike Arctic Shock

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Gilgamesh

Look Alike Arctic Shock

Post by Gilgamesh » Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 am

Hello,
I just bought an Look Alike of the Arctic Shock and........
On the one hand he is quite bad, but also still pretty good, you can feel the recoil when you're pressing the trigger.
After I tried him, I wanted to srew it open and then I came to the conclusion that he was very empty from inside, VERY EMPTY.
And then I thought on wich super soaker does he seems like? It was the Arctic Shock and I looked on the inside parts of that.....and thought: what a waste of plastic. Further there's not much more to say about the look alike for me. Here are some pics of it and the last pic is the original Arctic Shock:
Look Alike
Look Alike
Arcticshock-lookalike3.JPG (78.12 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Look Alike inside
Look Alike inside
Arcticshock-lookalike4.JPG (96.32 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
Arctic Shock (copied from the site)
Arctic Shock (copied from the site)
arcticshock.jpg (92.07 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
Have a Bottle Shot, a XP 70 and a XP 110 and also recently bought a Look Alike of the Arctic Shock

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Look Alike Arctic Shock

Post by HBWW » Sun May 16, 2010 2:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that PR knockoff performs better than the Arctic Shock. They even replicated the Max-D trigger! I wonder if it breaks just as easily.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun May 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Wow. Even the internals look a lot the same, especially with the Max-D trigger.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

ncog

Post by ncog » Mon May 17, 2010 5:48 am

What a waste of plastic...This is why the human race is doomed!

It makes the Arctic Shock look good by comparison lol, nice pictures!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 18, 2010 1:27 pm

Ncog, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Have you even fired the Arctic Shock before? If you don't pump it to full pressure (which takes a LOT of pumps) or pre-pump at least 40-50 pumps of air, the AS get's as much range as a squirt gun. Now if this PR knockoff has a good pump, it can likely get better performance than the AS if it's designed like most SS PR's, all of which perform pretty well and certainly much better than the lousy AS.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

ncog

Post by ncog » Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 pm

I didn't word that sentence very well, sorry....What I meant was that comparing the internals of the two guns, the Arctic Shock looks superior in that it has a larger reservoir, separate pressure chamber, etc (since it at least makes use of the casing given) Of course, given that the Arctic Shock has a Max-D trigger and reportedly awful performance, the knock-off would likely outperform it. I was just observing that from a strictly visual standpoint, the internals of the Arctic Shock look more impressive (even if this is not true in practice)

I actually saw heaps of Arctic Shocks in Australia when I was there last year, and did (very very briefly) consider getting one. Luckily I knew of their terrible performance and managed to get a Flash Flood anyway.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 18, 2010 4:04 pm

You should have bought one. Idiots will spend a lot of money on one.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue May 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Wow. Why would you make a look-alike of what could possibly be the worst Super Soaker ever? (Unless martianshark is right that people will spend a lot of money on them.)

I've used an AS before,(My friend has one.) and it doesn't have terrible range. I think it performed similar to a Max-D 2000 or 3000.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 pm

The Max-D trigger is irrelevant; both the knockoff and actual AS have one, though I think your point was that it had a Max-D trigger AND still performs badly despite it.

My friends had tons of problems with the AS's power (since they don't know about pre-pumping it and pumping to full pressure, etc.) and I had the exact same problems when the blaster wasn't pumped up to full power. At full pressure, you can get around Max-D 2k performance, though I'm unsure if it can go up to the 3k. If it's at half pressure, you will almost certainly get squirt gun range. Also, it seems to take a lot of pumps to get it to a decent pressure level.

Needless to say, the team I was playing against lost a CTF game pretty badly when they choose the poor weaponry while they claimed that our flag runner was cheating. Actually, he never felt any shots so they either fell short without the shooters noticing, or weren't powerful enough to be felt.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare