Lightning, Yellow Jacket and Kwik Grips - my opinion on them

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:57 pm

Today I got those guns, and man they're awesome! The Kwik Grips (two of them) come with belt clips, the Yellow Jacket shoots very very far, and the most amazing of all is Lightning.
It's the recoloured version, so it's different from Isoaker's. On the lowest nozzle setting, it shoots as far as my Max D 6000 did with the wind on my side, and I tested the Lightning with the wind against me!!! The medium nozzle is the average nozzle, nothing out of the ordinary about that. So I tried them all, except for the largest nozzle. My jaw literally dropped when I tested it, it shoots far and has the thickest stream I have ever seen before (but then again I haven't seen too many streams before). It's about as thick as a full blast from a garden hose attachement!!

I will try posting stats sometime soon, but for now all I have to say is: I love you BBT and Wal-Mart!!!

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:01 pm

Where do you live? You found a Lightning at Walmart? Good for you. I can't find any BB guns at Walmart, except the Gremelin.

Anyway, good luck with your newfound guns!

:cool:

EDIT: 333rd post.

Edited By Hannibal on 1144710159
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:31 pm

I live in Ontario. They all came in one box for about $25.00 so I snatched them right off the shelf

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 pm

Man, if your jaw dropped when you saw a 3x, I'd love to see you after watching a 10 or 20x stream.

Other than that, BBT makes great soakers, the blazer and firefly are 2 of my favourites, and I'm hoping to pick up a pirahna this year (and buy my friend's blazer off him).

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:38 pm

cooldood31 wrote:Man, if your jaw dropped when you saw a 3x, I'd love to see you after watching a 10 or 20x stream.

Other than that, BBT makes great soakers, the blazer and firefly are 2 of my favourites, and I'm hoping to pick up a pirahna this year (and buy my friend's blazer off him).

Heh, yeah. :goofy: I was awed out when I shot my CPS 2000 for the first time, even though I had seen 20x on some guns before.

And yeah, my siblings each have a Piranha, and I have a Blazer. I have to say they're both good, deepite their outputs being a little on the smaller side. I'm looking forward to having an all-Water-Warriors fight. :cool:

Oh, and Amazon has Blazers. Or did you know that? Of course, your friend will probably give you a fairly good deal.

Edited By Hannibal on 1144712404
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:26 pm

The recoloured version has more than 3x I believe.

Croc

Post by Croc » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:59 pm

@mr.dude You obviously havent seen a Flash Flood riot blast in action... that scares the sh*t out of some people cause the spray is massive:D
(I'm referring to the Max Infusion Flash Flood... Dont know if there is a difference in riot blast size...)

Edited By Croc on 1144717337

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm

I understand it's not the highest nozzle setting ever but it's the highest i own. AND THERE ARE HIGHER NOZZLE SETTINGS IN THE SOAKER WORLD THAN THE FLASH FLOOD'S :angry:
Besides, the lightning and yellow jacket have higher ranges than the flash flood, they have longer shot times and best of all they were much cheaper:p
Anyway, I believe the lightning is aroung 7-10x, simply due to the fact that it has a 430mL PC and a 1.5-2 second shot time on the highest nozzle. I'll try some stats very soon.

Edited By mr. dude on 1144793243