Nerf Super Soaker: Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
isoaker

Nerf Super Soaker: Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:32 am

Super Soaker: Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz Review

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Re: Super Soaker: Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz

Post by thelaminator » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm

i need to figure out if it acctually is hybrid (like shot blast) or just a new bottle shot before i decide.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 am

thelaminator wrote:i need to figure out if it acctually is hybrid (like shot blast) or just a new bottle shot before i decide.
Agreed, but my guess presently is that it's a remodeled Bottle Shot as opposed to a hybrid. That said, welcome to iSoaker.net!

:cool:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm

I just bought two Bottle Blitzes which was at a thrift store, but still packaged. I think that this is a pretty nice gun and makes a good grunt weapon for small water fights. For bigger water fights, it's a good scout weapon. It isn't a piston/elastic hybrid - just piston. It is pretty much a remodeled Bottle Shot, but it is a little improved. For one thing, it seems to have slightly better range and output. It is now compatible with any plastic bottle, including ordinary water bottles. The Bottle Shot could only work with soda bottles and other simularly threaded bottles. It also looks cooler. :cool:

Say, I just noticed that this forum uses BB code! I'm used to that code, so good.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Hands-On: Super Soaker Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:07 am

Just got my hands on a Super Soaker Water Wars Bottle Blitz!

I suppose the simplest way to describe it is that it's a restyled Bottle Shot that comes in two colours: Red and Blue. Pump is basically the same, but the bottle it comes with is slightly larger in volume.

Pics to come soon with a full review to follow one of these days. :goofy:

isoaker

Re: Hands-On: Super Soaker Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40 pm

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm

I noticed on one of the pictures that it's only one in a new range of super soakers. Have you got any info on any of the others?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:21 pm

He has a review on the Soaker Wars Shot Blast, but I think he still needs to get the others. :helix:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 pm

mkhadem wrote:I noticed on one of the pictures that it's only one in a new range of super soakers. Have you got any info on any of the others?
Shot Blast review is up. Rattler is technically on order and coming soon. Still haven't been able to find a good source for the Hydro Fury.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Just checking, when do you plan on filling in the missing numbers on some of the recent blaster reviews? (i.e. range)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:31 am

C-A_99 wrote:Just checking, when do you plan on filling in the missing numbers on some of the recent blaster reviews? (i.e. range)
Range testing will be done when the weather is a little warmer and also when I have a couple more of the 2010 blasters so I can do the range testing all at the same time. It does take me a little time to set up markers and prepare things for doing range testing so it's best when I can do as many blasters as possible.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

Well that explains a lot. There are blasters from 2009 that still lack the statistics but batch testing makes plenty of sense.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 am

Do you have any idea about when we can expect the review of the Bottle blitz?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:04 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Well that explains a lot. There are blasters from 2009 that still lack the statistics but batch testing makes plenty of sense.
Apart from the Deluge which, for some reason, was forgotten when I did range testing, the other blasters from 2009 such as the Water Warriors Expedition and Super Soaker SS50 20th Anniversary Edition will not be tested at the moment. The Expedition is believed to perform pretty much identical to the Blazer while the SS50 20th is more of a collector's piece, IMO, and my current interest in testing it remains minimal.

As for the review, the Super Soaker Soaker Wars Bottle Blitz review is now posted.

Enjoy!

tehgees

Post by tehgees » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:34 am

Thank you, I didn't know the difference between the Bottle Shot Blitz and Bottle Shot.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 am

martianshark wrote:It is now compatible with any plastic bottle, including ordinary water bottles. The Bottle Shot could only work with soda bottles and other simularly threaded bottles.
The Bottle Blitz is NOT compatible with any plastic bottle; there are a lot of plastic bottles that use wider mouth openings that can't be used with the Bottle Blitz. I'm not even sure that the threading of the attachment between the Bottle Shot and Bottle Blitz is any different so I'm not 100% convinced that the Bottle Blitz can use any more types of bottles than the Bottle Shot can. The Bottle Shot can be used with a lot of standard water bottles as well.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Voted no because there are more useful blasters of the same size and class. Though this thing does work better than my LPD right now, I'll give it that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:32 am

WHile I have no experience with this thing, The last thing we need from hasbro is yet another piston gun.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:26 pm

isoaker_com wrote:
martianshark wrote:It is now compatible with any plastic bottle, including ordinary water bottles. The Bottle Shot could only work with soda bottles and other simularly threaded bottles.
The Bottle Blitz is NOT compatible with any plastic bottle; there are a lot of plastic bottles that use wider mouth openings that can't be used with the Bottle Blitz. I'm not even sure that the threading of the attachment between the Bottle Shot and Bottle Blitz is any different so I'm not 100% convinced that the Bottle Blitz can use any more types of bottles than the Bottle Shot can. The Bottle Shot can be used with a lot of standard water bottles as well.

Are you sure? The box showed both a soda bottle and a water bottle which I think indicates that it can use any bottle. Also, the threading on the Bottle Blitz's bottle is wider than the Bottle shot's. The bottle shot had threading exactly the same as a soda bottle. This makes it seem like the Bottle Blitz has threading that's in between the size of soda bottles and water bottles.