Water Warriors Vanquisher

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.

Would you recommend this product to another?

Yay (i.e. recommend)
44%
Nay (i.e. don't recommend)
22%
Undecided (i.e. not sure yet)
33%

Total votes: 9

isoaker

Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by isoaker » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 am

Water Warriors Vanquisher Review

Critics' Corner: Critics' Corner: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Willing to share your experiences, thoughts, personal reviews on this product? If so, post below!

Note: you must be a member of iSoaker.net to be able to post.
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by HBWW » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:31 pm

For a second, I thought you actually got it already. Perhaps you're still getting the data up and I just posted here at a bad time?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:44 pm

C-A_99 wrote:For a second, I thought you actually got it already. Perhaps you're still getting the data up and I just posted here at a bad time?
No solid data yet (don't own one yet), but I do know it to be a little taller, but about the same length as the Water Warriors Vindicator. This thread was created just to reflect the Water Warrior Vanquisher's existence.

:cool:

Rover

Post by Rover » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I picked one of these up from Target tonight and am sorely disappointed. Despite the claims of an elastic pressure chamber I can almost confirm that it in fact uses nothing more than a separate pressure chamber. I can see water fill the front chamber and slosh around, and to add insult to injury my particular model leaks like a sieve from the trigger area.

Edit: Target also had a few re-released blasters you haven't created threads for: A soaker wars 2 pack of max-D 3ks and a Helix re-issue. It also seems that the Vanquisher is replacing the Vindicator as it is the only $19.99 Water Warriors product. I'll get pictures tomorrow when I return my Vanquisher.

Edit 2: After testing the soaker again I rescind my previous statements. The water I saw in the pressure chamber was from the massive leak that my Vanquisher suffers. I am also getting a TON of pump lag, possibly relating to the internal break. Performance was markedly improved with this second test (no water interfering with the PC), and ergonomics are much better than the Vindicator. The "Hydro Power" chamber must be shaped similarly to a spherical CPS blaster's in order to work in the space alloted to it. More information as I test it further.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:28 am

Sorry to hear about your leaking Vanquisher problems. If easy to do, I'd really recommend exchanging it and testing the new one while you're by the store to make sure the replacement doesn't leak. When buying blasters, I always test outside the store since I've had problems with some model batches.

As for replacing the Vindicator, I do not believe that to be the case (at least not yet). The Vanquisher is also a Target-only item for 2010.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 am

does anyone here know the largest nozzle's approx. output?

judjung by the box pic of the selector, id say only 3x, which is a shame, as of seeeing the vindicator's potential.
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Hands-On: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:39 am

Just got my hands on a Water Warriors Vanquisher. From my understanding, the Vanquisher is a Target-only exclusive this year. That said, if these stats are to be believed together with its overall feel and styling, I may now have found my new favourite all-purpose water blaster!

Some quick stats:
Reservoir: 3.2 L
Pump: 40mL
Pressure Chamber: 1200mL / 1.2L ???!!!

I'm still in shock about that PC volume measurement. Moreover, I actually got curious and hadn't actually heard the over pressure valves kick in so it may even be able to hold more water than that! I need to find more time to re-check these numbers and do output measurements, but this thing looks to be a great blaster!

More info to come...

HBWW

Re: Hands-On: Water Warriors Vanquisher

Post by HBWW » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 am

If that' measurement's on right, it looks like we may have a record breaker. What about the nozzles? Are they the same as we were shown before or is one of them a larger (WW's standard ~5-6x) nozzle?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:01 am

Did some initial output testing...

Seems like the smaller nozzle gets ~1.5-2x output while the larger one is only ~3x output. The third setting is a fan setting. I'm a little surprised not to see at least a 5-6x nozzle at the moment. Will definitely be sending some feedback to BBT to see if the nozzle selection can be tweaked a bit.

Oh, and my PC volume measurement was off... the PC holds ~1350mL of pressurized water with probably another 50-100mL dead space. The PC can expand basically to fill the entire front chamber.

Oh, I should also mention that the two chambers are also connected so when filling, water splits into both to give you more available capacity plus making the blaster feel much more balanced.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:27 am

better break out the power drill!

but beforehand, do you have distances?

and do you even know if it can even handle a nozzle enlaregement?

(and if you must know, i'm a bit more professional when i do a nozzle enlaregemnt- DREMEL)
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 am

In the words of the internet, pics or it didn't happen!

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing pics and reading further reviews. Glad to hear that BBT is continuing to bring their A game.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Here's a quick pic.. more to come, of course.

As for being able to support a nozzle drill, I'm not sure since I haven't had a chance to do deeper testing (and won't get a chance for a little while). I do hope to be able to take some internal pics as well in due time. No distances yet, either, since there still be snow coming down.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I like the look of this gun, The resivor looks like a stock to me. If I get any new blasters this year I will get this one. It reminds me of a bull pup assault rifle.
EDIT: How long is it? is it 60cm (vindicator length)

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Are there targets in Ontario? I haven't seen any. :S

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:48 pm

By the two chambers are connected, you mean that it basically works like the Vindicator? (where topping the reservoir is not needed for max capacity) The disadvantage to this design is that the PC may not be able to contract fast enough while making pumping more difficult unless adequete ventellation is provided. (then it will either cost more or risk leaking the reservoir) The PC volume is huge though, breaking the record of the Monster XL of the stock blaster having the largest PC.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

Size-wise, it is the same length, but slightly slimmer, but also slightly taller.

Yes, the tanks are connected so that when you fill the PC, you are displacing water in the reservoir. Slight catch is that the tube connecting the two tanks does limit flow between slightly. This isn't a problem when filling or pumping the PC, but if you try for a quick empty of a filled blaster, you'll need to wait a bit for the front-side tank to drain into the rear-side tank for emptying.

Methinks this is a great blaster, but its main limitation is its lack of a slightly larger nozzle setting.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:07 am

teamfear wrote:Are there targets in Ontario? I haven't seen any. :S
No Targets in Ontario, but I'll ask BBT if there is a Canadian distributor for the Vanquisher.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Alright that would be great. Do you have a length measurement for this gun yet? or a rough estimate. Is it the same size as the vindicator?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:10 pm

teamfear wrote:Alright that would be great. Do you have a length measurement for this gun yet? or a rough estimate. Is it the same size as the vindicator?
See the other thread

For size, very similar.

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh sorry about that, I got mixed up between the two threads. Thanks though