Picture of the scorpion

Discussions of all varieties of stock water guns and water blasters.
Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm

SharpObjects wrote:So its really a motorized pre-charger? That dissapoints me a little. I was hoping for another Hydro-powered soaker, but improved upon.
Is BBT going to have any other new soakers? Aside from the splat blast and the scorpion and various recolors...
~SO
No, it's Hydro Power. Just look at the PC. That's no Air Pressure PC.

I believe all the 2005 guns will be recolored. But I am not sure...
EV Nova - Space action/RPG, for Windows and Mac!
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"
*Takes them home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.*

"snap!"

"Oops, I guess it had a Max-D trigger."

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:50 pm

I hope it's hydro-powered. I dislike relying on batteries, whether I need them or not. No electronic guages for me, thanks.
I also hope that pump is track-mounted. Looks like it does.

~SO
CPS 1000 (Now K-modded into a CPS 10000)
CPS 4100 *in repair*
MI Flash Flood w/Aqua Pak
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Ya, that and he told us that it was going to be Hydro Power. :p

I'd be a little nervous to use that thing. It's oddly shaped, which may affect the balance of the soaker. I would also not want to run out of batteries in the middle of a battle...

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:01 pm

m15399 wrote:Ya, that and he told us that it was going to be Hydro Power. :p

I'd be a little nervous to use that thing. It's oddly shaped, which may affect the balance of the soaker. I would also not want to run out of batteries in the middle of a battle...
Balance may be a problem. I'm sure Big Bee will iron out any kinks it may have this year. I'm looking forward to it. I sure hope it has a normal pump, though.

"Look! a CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!"

"snap!"

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Since the trigger grip is way in the back, I don't think there will be too many balance issues. I await the stats before making any sort of decision on it. Substance over style. Battery power doesn't help my initial opinion, though.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Duxburian wrote:Since the trigger grip is way in the back, I don't think there will be too many balance issues. I await the stats before making any sort of decision on it. Substance over style. Battery power doesn't help my initial opinion, though.
Yeah I myself had thought it was a bigger Blazer. Bigger and better. I hadn't realized that it was battery powered. But if it's better than the Blazer, I might well get it. Odd that it has only 3 nozzles when the Blazer has five. Wonder what the range is like.

"snap!"

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:07 pm

Any new updates on the scorpion? Seems like forever since the pictures were posted (even though its only been like a week or two)

~SO
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Apparently, some of you are going to be REALLY disappointed. The Scorpion uses a rechargeable battery to pressurize a hydro-system diaphram for maximum distance. There is no pump in this gun, if you run out of battery charge, this blaster is out of the game. The good news is, the battery life per charge is quite substantial. It will take some experience to learn to control water pressure/volume management. THe gun will actually shoot a greater volume than the pump can supply. This is also true with hand pumped Blasters, the big difference, when a hand pumped blaster is out of pressure, the water stops coming out, with this one, it will still shoot under the pressure of the pump.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:11 pm

Interesting concept. IMO, it'll be great to teach kids on - no pumping to discourage them.

And I like the design. Kinda reminds me of a Class 3 Phaser Compression Rifle. At least I think that's what it was called.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

SharpObjects

Post by SharpObjects » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:12 pm

So, its a constant stream until you run out of water? Actually, It'd make an awsome defensive soaker. I just hope it provides good power to the nozzles.
CPS 4100 *in repair*
SC Big Trouble
Blazer
Xenon
Splat Blast
STE Arctic Shock
Vaporizer
Max-D 3000

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:34 pm

I think it looks great. One question though, does the pump automatically activate when you shoot or is there some kind of switch or button to activate it?

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:35 pm

I'm not sure if it is switch charged or not. I know just as much as you about it. But one good thing to know is that Big Bee just E-mailed me saying the website is going to be updated March 24th. Really I'm only going to buy a blazer and backpack mod it because I am getting money soon and am more into Robots than water guns :) . :soakon2:
AXE BOMB!!!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:08 am

website is going to be updated March 24th

Really? I certainly hope so!

As for the Scorpion, I'd assume it should have some sort of internal sensor to tell it when to pump. Since they could determine pressure using the electronic power gauges, I assume they could hook up that system to power the pump as needed.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:41 am

Now that looks like a cool blaster equivalent to a Super Soaker Max-D 5000 or even an XP-270 in size, but with more power. That I would like.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:42 pm

sbell25 wrote:I think it looks great. One question though, does the pump automatically activate when you shoot or is there some kind of switch or button to activate it?
There is a switch to turn unit on and off, off when you are not using it.

The pumping is controlled by a pressure sensor inside the gun and the pump will start and stop automatically.

Engineers tell me you can blast up to 10 tank fills of water on one charge of the battery.

Big Bee

Post by Big Bee » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 pm

scorpion wrote:But one good thing to know is that Big Bee just E-mailed me saying the website is going to be updated March 24th.
I said that was our target date. It may take some extra days to complete everything. :;):

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:57 am

Big Bee wrote:
sbell25 wrote:I think it looks great. One question though, does the pump automatically activate when you shoot or is there some kind of switch or button to activate it?

There is a switch to turn unit on and off, off when you are not using it.

The pumping is controlled by a pressure sensor inside the gun and the pump will start and stop automatically.

Engineers tell me you can blast up to 10 tank fills of water on one charge of the battery.
The Scorpion seems more and more interesting. What would its power comparible to the Blazer, your still current blaster with the most pressure/power?
How long will be battery charging? Also is there a possibility of extra battery packs for sale?

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:46 am

Ten tankfuls on one charge? That's pretty darn good. I go through maybe two tankfuls in my Pirahna in one fight. Ten ought to last for at least a war. Ok, maybe not one of Dux's wars, but definitely one of mine.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:55 pm

Ten tanks of the Scorpion's size probably would not be enough to last a war, or it would be close. For a comparison, I typically go through ~3-5 CPS 2500 tanks in a given war, or 3-7 CPS 21K tanks. That's with all tap shots though [turning one tank's worth of water into 30-70 short shots with no true beginning or ending since I rarely let pressure run out completely].

Range is a bigger factor for me, though, so my personal thumbs up/down really depends on that.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:12 pm

For me, the Scorpion sounds real good. If the pack is rechargable, then there is no problem. And I'm sure you can obtain more battery packs if your current one runs out. And if the battery life is good, who cares anyway? The only other things I need to know are the power of the soaker, and range.

Dux, why do you really care about the range? It's not like it will shoot 65 feet or something. I'm hoping for something in the 35-40 foot range. But we'll see.

Oh, and I wonder about the nozzle sizes, what they're like.

This should be good... :cool:

And I look forward to the site update.

"snap!"